The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

I’m done playing against Moris

Cassandra_Alexandra
Cassandra_Alexandra Member Posts: 254
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

I’m so tired of being tunneled every time a killer brings in a Mori. I just had a match yet again where after a decent chase he hooked me then after being unhooked he ignored others (ran right by them) to focus on me and Mori me. #########. This happens like 95% of the time the killer has a Mori. At least for me it does. I’m sick of it. I’m a tolerant person, but I’ve reached my limit on this. Btw I play solo on PS4.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• RickyRoo
    RickyRoo Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2019

I play killer main and, honestly, people who tunnel for moris are just stupid lol. I have only tunneled a couple times, won’t lie, but never for a mori. Either you get stuck with bad killers or you are focusing too much on moris there bud.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • I wish I ran into more killers with your mindset. I think I just have bad luck with those. I’ve had it happen so many times in recent months that I’m over it. It took me quite awhile actually to get into that last lobby only to be tunneled and Moried. Offering, purple toolbox with new part and socket swivels all a waste!

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I'm getting killers with Moris too in my games.

Red Ranks, Solo queue. I'm not a fan of being kicked out of the game that often :(

• I should of kept track, but yeah I get them a lot more often than that. But they can be sporadic. I may not get one for 10 games but one night I had 3 out of 4 and that was a very unpleasant evening. Of course I do play this game too much. It’s an evil addiction lol.

• AsheruSwiftwind
    AsheruSwiftwind Member Posts: 156
    edited December 2019

Im a killer main and while I do play survivor I am also a streamer if you think you get moried alot add the TTV tag on your name and you will see a lot more hate come your way. The sign of a good killer is one who brings a mori and can hook everyone twice before using the mori and its something I try to do unless someone tells me to 1 hook mori. But I will also not tunnel someone off a hook as that is another sign of a weaker killer player a good killer can go after the person who saved the hooked player and deal with them in a timely manner setting up a even better kill later in the game. Now if you DC because you see a killer secret I hope they track your account and ban you for that as that is poor sportsmanship to start. I will some times bring the Shroud of Separation just to see if a group is SWF and if one DCs I knew they thought it was a mori. Makes for some fun after match chat and a nice little report to the player who rage quit. Honestly they need to change the timing of offerings to be shown when the camera is spinning around the characters in game so its very clear that someone rage quit as I do know the game can crash while loading. Some times you run into good killers and some times you run into bad but to DC just because you think someone brought a mori? That is a real shame.

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Same, I recently played more survivor then usual and went from rank 9 to rank 1 and encountered like 3-6 mories at most during all that. I think that people overexaggerate the amount of games they face mories or I just randomly never face killers with mories.

It's not even like those few I encountered were all loses. Some of them were since survivors DCed when they realised killer had a mori but when they didn't we easily managed to do gens and make 2-3 escapes.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

😅 Lmk your secret. I wish they were that rare. I have about 30 ebony moris on my P1 Lvl 50 Spirit, GF and Wraith. "Ultra rare"

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited December 2019

"Crashing", is that what the kids are calling it nowadays? 😋

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

+1 to this.

1 mori every 50 games seems pretty close to what I see which is hardly even an issue to notice. I've also won plenty of games that a mori was thrown.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

I hardly ever see moris too.

But they do need some work.

• StrodeWins
    StrodeWins Member Posts: 274

same. if it’s ebony i’m tempted to suicide first hook every time. at least with keys gens have to be progressed through. hooks and camping is easy.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

To be honest, if I play swf with toolboxes or flashlights I expect a mori. So I usually never go in the fog with items. Even in solo I dont. Of course there are some games where you get moried like 3 times in a row. But moris are not that common for me that I get tired of it. Maybe Im just a mori lover lol

• Am I missing something or is backing out during the loading screen against the rules? I don’t dcn.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

How you know its ebony? You would need to be on your first hook after the 2nd one got moried. So well thats almost always GG

• Do people just see what they want to see? My original post said nothing about dcn. I don’t dcn nor would I ever encourage anyone to do so. I talked about backing out of the loading screen which to my knowledge is not against the rules. The match doesn’t start and nobody loses anything.

• Dr_doom_j2
    Dr_doom_j2 Member Posts: 869

You know, the only way they could nerf Mori's in a way that would be beneficial to you in THAT scenario would be to remove them. The only nerf I can see them placing on Mori's is to make it so you can only get it on second hook... So they will just tunnel you to get the Mori.

I don't think they're going to be removing a huge facet of the game that is tied into licensed properties, just to appease you. Mori's are cool, O don't know why you guys are so invested in making the game boring, because it will NEVER by defenition be balanced. Sorry Survivor isn't fullfiling enough on it's own to warrant not needing to survive every single match. Many talk about killers wanting 4ks all the time but they never realise they just aren't fullfiled and feel the need to survive majority of games.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    edited December 2019

Moris are awesome though. It's nice to see something different for a change instead of the usual hook death animation. Especially in a game where you hold M1 for 90% of it.

• Rie
    Rie Member Posts: 86
    edited December 2019

I was just about to make a similar post. I play solo-q 95% of the time and every 2nd of my games has been with a mori. I switched over to killer it was that unpleasent to go against.

BHVR pls just delete/rework ebonys+keys they are very unfun to go against

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Mori's are so easy to pull off v.v

We should all come up with ways to make it more of a challenge to Mori a Survivor that can possibly help the devs rework them.

• StrodeWins
    StrodeWins Member Posts: 274

keep the animation. get rid of the fact that you can kill every survivor after first hook.

simple.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147

I just got a 4K Mori my most recent match.

I was ghostface (I already wrote the story to the survivor who asked how I can pip without chasing but.. here it is anyway:)

I was on Badham Preschool. I spawned in the back of the school, I went into shroud then searched the gens. When I cam back to the back of the school a Steve was about to work on a generator so I stalked him and downed him. I then proceeded to hang him on hook.

+1 Moriable.

A Nea was in the house with the gen in the basement it was directly near Steve's hook. I downed her and hooked her.

+1 Moriable

A Claudette then shows up trying to unhook either nea or steve she was on the side of the house where nea was downed. When she saw me i was out of shroud. She jumped the window to run and I went into shroud to trick her to jump back through. (I'm all ears helped). She jumped back through and I downed her. During this time Nea got unhooked, so I hooked claudette where Nea was.

+1 Moriable.

I found Nea, I moried.

When claudette got unhooked I was by the killer shack she entered I moried.

Steve and Detective Tapp were talking by a gen. (Using pointing as communication)

Steve: *Points to Leave*

Detective Tapp: *Points at Gen and then starts to work on it*

Steve: *Probably scared worked on the gen reluctantly*

I stalked them both. But steve finally realized what was happening when I 99'd Tapp. I downed Tapp and hooked him.

Now there was 2 able to be moried since the rest were dead.

Tapp got unhooked by Steve. I found steve and downed him. Moried him as well.

5 Gens Left to be done. Exit Gates not opened. Tapp was surely to be screwed right..?

Right. I found the hatch inside the Preschool. I slammed it and found him trying to open an exit gate. It was 99'd he almost did what I did to him.. to me. But..

In the end. I got my 4 Moris.

So yes I believe Moris can be a game changer. Just dont play badly like these other survivors. If you play hard to get then well... no Mori. (Unless they finally catch you when there needs to be only 1 Gen done... it happened to me as survivor, trust me.. many times...)

So it's based in the survivors you get and how you all play. Cause maybe.. just maybe the killer has a plan.

• SmallrOutsde
    SmallrOutsde Member Posts: 23

Honestly I RARELY get a mori - if you're getting Mori'd that often well, then...

make changes or make excuses.

• ViewtifulHaida
    ViewtifulHaida Member Posts: 7

I never see a mori and when i do the killer maybe gets one but when i play killer i don't use it unless i play tombstone Myers when even then i don't use the the offering itself

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited December 2019

They should just be part of the game; last hook or mori, give up bloodpoints and a little bit of pip possibility in order to kill them; takes about the same time as it would to hook someone anyways, all it costs survivors is the rare chance they could somehow save them from it; but lets be real that is pretty rare unless the killer makes some serious mistakes; the only one that is garunteed is like a flashlight save; maybe the final mori could have an equal time build up like picking survivor up so they can still do that and stun them and if they stun them out of it the survivor gets back up immediately in an injured state.

They now have even more risk for trying to mori- but it's still fairly part of the game.

It could literally be harded for the killer to mori than hook and it would be fine, as it lets them flex so to speak. Just making it a punishment for survivors like it is now is a bit extreme; and this is coming from a killer main.

• xChrisx
    xChrisx Member Posts: 917

Mori animation Is cool. But should be changed, a good change can be "Ur able to mori someone after 2 hooks" when we are dead anyway btw. This way we can counter tunneling

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,130

I think moris should stay the way they are but just be less punishing for survivors.

In other words, if a survivor dies to a mori, they 1. are guaranteed to at least black pip, 2. keep any item they brought in, and 3. have their offering returned to them.

If survivors escape using a key, a killer should get the same benefit.

I think this would improve player experience in both instances. The way it is right now, the game gives a big "screw you" to anyone who loses to these items/offerings, and it makes it much more frustrating than it needs to be.

• I agree with what you want, but how you want to go about it not so much.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,130

I was just throwing it out there. Extra Bloodpoints could also perhaps help the side that loses to a mori/key not feel so cheated. Just something so that it's not punishing players in multiple ways at once.

• CakeDuty
    CakeDuty Member Posts: 995

I don't encounter many moris, but I do think they need to be changed. They're not rare to get, just from lvl 1 to 50 on Oni I got 9 Ebonys and 5 Ivory . They're poorly balanced cause Ebonys can cut killers objective down by like 80%, has very little counterplay (just don't get hooked 4Head) and encourages tunnelling.

I never use them unless I've got a mori daily, even then I only mori after second hook, so I've just been hoarding them, probably got over 300 across all killers.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

In my experience mori users are quite bad at the game. So that would explain why you see them a decent number of times because killers in higher ranks will use them if they sense a competent survivor team.

It's irritating but unfortunately we have to put up with it (for now).

I honestly wouldn't care if the devs removed moris from the game except for yellow moris (those are fine imo).

• DO what I do then dude; just offer them up but then don't actually use them. It's like a get out of jail free card from survivors salt lol.

You can actually have civil talks with survivors who would have been salty as all **** because they realize you just burned a mori for no reason; so they know you are not some sweaty tryhard jerk who just wants to mess with them.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,948

Mori's should only be available by cypress rancor and devour hope in my opinion

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Rancor is cheap imo. You don't have to do anything except catch the obsession at the end of the match lol.

• oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712

Im tired of losing games because of keys but nobody cares because killers bad

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I've been keeping track of when I see an Ebony. I haven't seen one since the Mid-Chapter patch went live.

I've seen 10+ yellow one's and two Ivory's.

On the other hand, I have seen a ton of keys and toolboxes.

• CotJocky
    CotJocky Member Posts: 221

Well, there are regular dailies to "kill by your hand" AKA: Mori a survivor for 60K blood points. Mori's are not very common in your blood web, so if you burn one, you make sure you get the most of it. So if you are doing it specifically for the daily, you are probably gonna Mori the first one off the hook to make sure you get your daily done. It sucks for the survivor, but it also just makes common sense to do so. I've had several games where I've brought a Ebony Mori and only got to Mori one or two survivors. They DC, suicide on hook or are just a really strong SWF and I can't catch them all before the gens are done. When you burn a Ebony and you only get one, you feel kind of ripped off. The most logical way to get all 4 is to kill one early so that them finishing 3-5 gens is near impossible unless you are really bad as a killer (or out matched). Once the first one is killed quickly, you can take more time and make sure you hook the other 3 so you get a chance to try and Mori all 4 of them.

As someone who plays survivor a lot. Just try and rack up as many points as you can, take your Mori and move on to the next game. Unless you've got a lot of killers that hate you or you are a streamer, Mori's aren't played that often.

OhToFu is the only exception that comes to mind. He Mori's every Blendette he gets a chance to Mori, but most people don't have access to a stash of Mori's that big and have to be much more selective when burning them.

• Lanterns
    Lanterns Member Posts: 83

Moris have never bothered me and imo they shouldn't be changed. I love the animations and they just offer a different experience for a change.

• MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614

In my opinion Mori' could be solved in a few ways (not all at once, just some ideas):

• They don't activate until another survivor has been hooked, or you are the LAST survivor.
    • When you are mori potential, you are super bloody. Your character gets disgustingly blood, so you know your are vulnerable and can change your playstyle. (Yes yes, I know everyone assumes hidden killer offering = mori, but I still think this is a good change) This way your other teammates can ALSO tell you are mori-prone.
    • Make the animations longer. Like WAY longer. You're circumventing the time it takes to carry and hook a survivor, so make the mori animation longer to give other survivors time to stuff.
    • Ebony mori should be WAY more rare. I've get them WAY more often than I should. I think have 9 on my P1 freddy right now.
    • You can only Mori the obsession. Ebony mori simply transfer obsession to the next player after one is killed. So you can get more than one mori, but you can't just go about it willy-nilly.
    • Remove the animations altogether, and a Mori is simply a kill w/o having to carry them to a hook. Very helpful in endgame scenarios, DS's etc.
  • MisterCremaster
    MisterCremaster Member Posts: 614
    • "Remove the animations altogether, and a Mori is simply a kill w/o having to carry them to a hook. Very helpful in endgame scenarios, DS's etc."

To be clear, I mean you don't need to put the survivor on their last hook.

• Accullla
    Accullla Member Posts: 984

Or a guarantee that you'll get instaqueued for the next game (obviously I know this isn't possible). Honestly, I don't care about not earning bps, losing pips or items. What really bugs me is that I waited for ages to get into a lobby and start a match, just for someone else to decide for me that they want to end the game in less than 5 minutes.

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568

I can play for 4-5 hours straight against purple/red rank killers and maybe see one or two moris. I have a decent amount saved up on my killers, and I almost never use them.

If I happen to put TTV anywhere in my name, though...

Even when I do get moried, I either spectate or just move on to the next game. Sometimes you get knocked out early, it's no big deal.

• SteelDragon
    SteelDragon Member Posts: 745

Mori's are not that common, heck I will being a E mori as a safety net if I see multiple toolboxes or I suspect SWF, if the teamwork is obvious and gens are flying then yes I will be using that mori, if not then I will probably use that mori on their death hook for more BP. I like to use the E mori as a safety net most of the time. and you saying "im don't playing against moris" is similar to killers saying "i'm done playing against keys". I would say the ONE CHANGE I would find ok to ALL moris IS, you have to hook each survivor 1 time in the trial before you can use the E mori. other than that any other nerf will probably make moris useless, and if they do that then I will expect keys heavily nerfed along with toolboxes

• The_Bootie_Gorgon
    The_Bootie_Gorgon Member Posts: 2,340

Moris are a big part of the game, so big that every killer has their own mori animation.