The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Which do we balance around. The 1v4 or the 1v1

13»

Comments

• TheNobleWolf
    TheNobleWolf Member Posts: 3

Like I said before the only way this game would be balanced is if stealth was the core mechanic of the game.

The game would actually be scary for one thing if survivors had to use their senses to find the killer and not a 32 meter warning and red stain that shows the killers vision.

In terms of making it fair for survivors buffs would have to be implemented into their stealth meta game some way.

I would actually enjoy playing survivor if it was all about stealth and keeping an eye out for the killer and if I wasent paying attention they'll be right around the corner jump scaring me or downing me pretty quick for not paying attention to my surroundings and hiding.

Right now playing survivor is 1. Holding one button over a gen and occasionally doing a skill check. 2. As soon as I hear my 32 range heartbeat warning I determine whether the killer is headed toward me and run. This is boring as I dont feel scared of what's suppose to be the power role.

The only time I get a good time as a survivor is if I'm playing against a stealth killer and I barely notice them in time to run and hide.

Would Outlast and other horror games be fun if everytime you approached a jump scare you were given a 5 second warning it was gonna happen?

In conclusion both sides would be more fun if the whole game was completely based on stealth.

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited December 2019

The only statistic that matters is how quickly a killer can end a chase. This is a team game, so you wouldn't "balance" the game around the 1v1.

That said, balancing around the 1v1 also affects how quickly the killer can end a chase, which means it's probably better than balancing it around a 1v4.

It's a bit funny because when you look at it from the 1v1 and 1v4 perspective, you start to realize that it is balanced around the 1v4 and not the 1v1, which is where it matters most.

• SammyWasabi
    SammyWasabi Member Posts: 89

I'm more or less talking 1v1 as the chase.

Not the game as a whole

The game as a whole (usually) is a 1v4

But the chase (usually) is a 1v1

I'm trying to see what people think is the best middle ground.

• DarthRane
    DarthRane Member Posts: 198

If you balance the chase around 1v1 how is the killer supposed to win?

• SammyWasabi
    SammyWasabi Member Posts: 89
    edited December 2019

Exactly, the Killer's skill doesn't matter if you balance for the 1v1 in a 1v4 game. but if you balance around the 1v4 for a 1v1 chase, what does the survivor's skill matter.

That's why I'm trying to ask for what the best common ground would be.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

Well said. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and replying. Have a nice day m8

• DarthRane
    DarthRane Member Posts: 198

The survivors skill matters in how long they prolong the chase and in their team working to take heat off of their friend, it's really it that complicated . The chase is NOT a 1 v1 it just feels like it cause rarely ever does anyone get off their ass to help you.