The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Why I Camp

First off I wanna make it clear I play both sides of DBD survivor and killer. I play every killer and I play them in alot of various ways. However some of my favorite are camping builds which I sometimes run. I consider myself good at camping and overall a good killer, mind gaming, pressuring and everything else involved. I know ranks dont mean everything on this game but for reference I'm a rank 1 killer so I play against high rank survivors. I camp for 3 main reasons: fun, wins, and entertainment. Fun: Like I said before I have various builds on multiple characters for camping. It's a different way to play than just always running around trying to pressure survivors off gens and running around safe loops. It's fun to hide as Leatherface and jumpscare survivors as they come to peak inside the building, plant traps around a perimeter with Trapper, set up an ambush with Piggy or Ghostface, or come around the corner and immediately pop Evil Within with Myers startling the survivor. It's a different way to play DBD which keeps things fresh. Wins: I'm gonna be that guy but it really is a strategy. I never lobby dodge or change my setup once in a lobby (addons, killer, perks, etc.) so whatever the survivors bring I deal with. Sometimes the best option to ensure a win is to camp. Simple as that. Entertainment: When I play survivor, i never and i literally mean never, send a salty message to killers. If they camp me or tunnel me I accept it and move on. If they do it well I'll send a GG or a "I like that build" etc. But when I play killer I constantly get grouchy survivors messaging me hate and I must say, I absolutely love it. I find it very entertaining and I love trolling them to get them even more angry at a video game. Those of you that do this are complete cucks btw. It doesnt matter how you play DBD, camping or playing "the right way", winning or losing you will receive these messages. But there is also a light side. Some players, very few, will message gg and other nice comments even if you camped or whatnot. These people are the hidden gems in the community.

Comments

• I_Face_Camp
    I_Face_Camp Member Posts: 244

I dont always camp as I stated just sometimes. Also I dont sit in front of the hooks with a chainsaw revving. Like I said I'm good at camping and I know how to manipulate the ranking system

• I_Face_Camp

Well I understand that camping can be a big negative to new players but I'm in very high ranks so I'm not really driving anyone away from the game. Along with that, alot of high rank survivors know how to counter camping and minimize its damage and quite frankly I still dont understand the survivors raging hate towards camping. I think it can be fun to play against between the jumpscares and risky saves. Not to be rude but if you quit playing a game because you got camped is kinda a pussy move. Either they didnt like the game all that much to begin with or they should maybe just stick to PVE games.

• konchok
    konchok Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,719
    edited December 2019

You're right. At high ranks I don't really mind camping killers, other than it stops me from pipping. However, at low ranks camping is very common and leather face camping is even more common. People can choose to do what they like for the reasons that they like and going after them for choosing to play something different or saying that anyone who refuses to play DBD is committing "a kind of pussy move" because they were face camped is a poor personality trait.

• I_Face_Camp

I stand by what I said. Quitting a game specifically for that is kinda ridiculous. They buy a multiplayer game without looking into it? Then because one thing doesnt go their way they quit? Talk about having a bad trait.

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

People get so salty over this game and it's hilarious.

I did some super sweaty perkless, add-onless wraith games and people were still crying when I was slugging, tunneling, camping, etc etc. It's like bruh, you just got beat down by a terrible killer when you were running every crutch in this game, suck it up and move on.

I never moan when killers camp or tunnel me because I run perks that help counter it. You won't ever catch me without at least deliverance+DS, I hate having to rely on my team to save me. Good luck camping that combo in the endgame.

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565

The best camping killer is The Doctor, you can grab unhooking people even in treatment mode, 99% of the survivors don't know it.

• Apple2o
    Apple2o Member Posts: 624

As opposed to one shot killers who can just deny survivors even getting near the hook to begin with? Or they get slugged next to the hook for even more pressure? Doctor is trash at everything.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

You don't need to justify your playstyle. If you want to camp just do it. I never camp or tunnel but even then I get insulted for slugging. Entitled people will always find something to rage about. Hell, me and @LordGlint got told not to "camp generators". I even posted a clip of me searching survivors for 9 minutes straight because they wanted me to DC for "camping generators" whatever that means.

Just play for your own enjoyment. People don't have the right to tell you how to play the game.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

I don't mind when killers face camp, but I will tbag until my button breaks when the rest of us escape.

• reworkstabbyteens
    reworkstabbyteens Member Posts: 19

The only way I can see camping working is by either waiting for an ambush as GF or Pig, or in the basement as insidious Leatherface. The second though is completely countered if they have coms because the guy on the hook is like <<hey guys he is camping me here, don't come, do gens>> and then by the time he is dead like 3 gens pop. The reason we don't camp is not because we care about survivor's feelings but because we know it straight up doesn't work when people know what they are doing. The fact that you believe it does work in red ranks means you are either lying or being a contrarian.

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Don't forget there are many new players and ranking up is laughably easy as survivor. I've seen red rank survivors with as little as 7 days of playtime. Those people probably fall for (Insidious) campers pretty easily.

• reworkstabbyteens
    reworkstabbyteens Member Posts: 19

That's why I said if they know what they are doing. In small ranks and against braindead survs sure it's easy prey and it can be really funny seeing them get mad and calling me a camper when they literally unhook infront of me before I even left.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

Same

• Mellow7

If they really quit because of a killer (that doesn't get used often and is low tier) camping them then Idk what to them. Maybe just move on to the next game and forget the last one happened? Like seriously I haven't seen a Bubba in like weeks last time I saw 1 was on rank reset and it wasn't a basement camping one.

• Mellow7

This is true I got to red rank solo with only megs within my first week of playing, I had been watching people play the game 4 months prior so I had some knowledge but yes getting to red ranks is easy if not easier now because survivors just get awarded points and emblems so much easier than killers do.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

You also say as survivor if killer camps you just move on. But if they don't camp you send gg. Which seems to say you acknowledge that camping is not worthy of a gg

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Okay your wall is killing my eyes, I'm not gonna read that. But my assumption: based on your name, profile pic and post title you have enjoyment by being a toxic Bubba (insidious basement) facecamper. Even with 5 gens. Just to get that salt is enjoyment for you.

• mmain
    mmain Member Posts: 430

That's not the title I'd use and it's got nothing to do with camping.

• Zoldyar
    Zoldyar Member Posts: 438

Camping itself isn't what I will call "fun" because it allows you to ruin a person's game experience while allowing you to rank up and the other person to rank down. So if you are a rank 1 player, a killer can face camp you until you die which somehow will become the person's fault and will rank that person down to rank 2. This isn't me blaming you and telling you what to do because the game does agree with face camping(for some reason) and you should be authorised to do what you feel like is having fun in a game (depending on what it is). I'm just saying why face camping is unfun (not saying that's the only unfun part about the game).

• ApeOfMazor
    ApeOfMazor Member Posts: 471

Genrushing ruins my fun. I don't care what survivors want. If I feel like camping them then I will. I love getting the salty messages too. People have gotten banned on PSN for the death threats they send me.

• LordGlint
    LordGlint Member Posts: 8,278

Pretty soon I'll have someone accuse me of camping exit gates, lol.

• ElectraTMV
    ElectraTMV Member Posts: 5

I personally think camping is stupid, not because it unfair. But because it ruins the fun of the game from both sides. Also if you are camping, it probably means you have no skill and the only way you can kill someone is if they die on first hook.

• Bunnie
    Bunnie Member Posts: 164

First off camping entails that you have no skill but that's not my problem. Second you camp to troll people and you love their messages but their also cucks for messaging you for your trolling? Make it make sense. 🙄

• LlamaArmour
    LlamaArmour Member Posts: 75

Honestly camping is annoying but I can live with it most of the time.

However, the one killer that generally makes me salty when he camps is LF and its because:

1) My teammates keep coming to save me after realising he's camping (survivor fault)

2) I die on hook and there's almost nothing anyone can do about it

3) My SWF (if I'm playing SWF) has to wait while I play the rest of the game/vice versa

Number 3 is my main gripe, as with the other 2 I can just move on with the game, but with 3), we now have to wait. I might also add that there are multiple other reasons people don't like it; for example, that player now loses a pip because you thought it was funny to camp, or maybe they had limited time to play one or 2 games and they ended up playing against that.

It's specifically the ability to down multiple people off of the hook that pi**es people off, because unless the person has BT then both survivors are now downed. With other killers it's less annoying because they can only target either the rescued or the rescuer.

So yeah I can appreciate why people would stop playing the game after running into a camping LF, especially when they probably didn't get to play much of the game except seeing their teammate get chainsawed and then spamming spacebar till they die.

As a final note, LF is one of my favourite killers to go against (2nd to Demogorgon and closely followed by Huntress), before it's assumed that I'm here to hate on him. I just think he either needs a complete rework, or he needs a nerf to his chainsaw straight after someone is unhooked (perhaps temporary BT for the rescued?), and a buff everywhere else.

• I_Face_Camp

Nope I stated in my first comment that I dont always camp and still get these messages

• I_Face_Camp

Nope I said if they camped or tunneled well or played with skill I gave a GG.

• I_Face_Camp

Nope it does work. You have to know how to do it right. For example, if I suspect they are swf I will find a hiding location where I can see basement entry and wait there instead of down by the hooks

• I_Face_Camp

It's not unfun for everyone tho. Like I said I enjoy playing and playing against campers. And the argument against a depip is easily torn down. Survivors can bring keys, insta heals, and brand new pets which zoom them outta the game and result in killers depips. It goes both ways that's part of the game. And to top it all off, what is the point of reaching a high rank? Absolutely nothing

• NinoV1
    NinoV1 Member Posts: 382

The games a lot more enjoyable when you don’t play to the survivors rule book.

Being on the receiving end is annoying but then I remember all the times I’ve had easy escapes so it’s only fair.

• Kenidur
    Kenidur Member Posts: 156

Lets see how much we can tear into your comments here. Keys are only good if enough gens are done, of you're the last one alive. Insta-heals have been removed after killers whined about them being too OP. Pets? there are no pets in the game, much less PERKS that can zoom them out of the game either. And just as survivors have 4 perks, so do Killers. Killers also have an ability which survivors do not. There is no reason to bring in a Bill over a Nea except for "I like the skin better" As for reaching high rank, well it's less of a chance to run into you, and killers like you. I've seen 1 red rank killer who camped, while I've seen plenty in Purple and more in Green.

• LlamaArmour
    LlamaArmour Member Posts: 75

Fair enough. I do think you're in the minority regarding enjoying being camped tbh though lol.

I also don't think that instaheals, keys etc are in the same category. If I find and camp a survivor straight away, that's an instant depip with no chance for them to do anything. Whereas, instaheals/keys etc are very annoying but I have many times gone up against survivors with those items and won; not to mention, the killer can see the items you're bringing in and put on franklins as a counter. What counter can a survivor have to camping when he doesn't know what killer you are or that you're going to camp?

There is no point in ranking up you're right but that's our opinion. Some people like to be the highest rank for their own morale, or to prove a point.

P.S. I do camp at times, mainly when I'd be an idiot not to e.g. 2 hooked survivors next to each other and the other 2 swarming the hook, or also when someone starts tea bagging at every pallet.

• SunderMun
    SunderMun Member Posts: 2,789

Yes, standing there looking at a hook instead of playing the game while also removing the ability of one other person to play the game and turning it into an M1 simulator for the remaining 3 is 'fun.' Nice bait.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

I mean when you sit at a hook with a survivor on it for the entire match I wouldn't expect positive messages.

• Miss_Britannia
    Miss_Britannia Member Posts: 165

It’s not fun. It ruins the game. Yes, this is coming from somebody who plays for both sides. Face camping is stupid and in my opinion should be a ban able offence (teabagging too).

• Miss_Britannia
    Miss_Britannia Member Posts: 165

I only facecamp tea baggers with I don’t have a mori.

• SpongebobLegGuy
    SpongebobLegGuy Member Posts: 4

MY LEG

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,983

If I get camped, it's whatever most of the time. I just always comment after the game about the lack of snacks, tents, and campfires.

If you're gonna camp me, at least be a good host. Don't be rude

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

No need for toxicity here, please stop.

Good killers camp sometimes, because there are scenarios where camping is the optimal play. Sorry baby survivor.