Escape with spinechill and no hook

Auron471
Auron471 Member Posts: 1,310

This wasnt a fun challenge.

My Build: Spine Chill, Fixated, Urban Evasion, Sprint Burst

Killer: Hag

I just went around urban evasioning around the entire game like a rank 20 and got a hatch escape.

All 4 emblems were iridescent.

Not very fun to be soooooo immersed. I was literally a bushette.

The moment the killer sees me, i just sprint burst away and she generally just goes away.

Comments

• Trwth
    Trwth Member Posts: 921

I guess the challenge just wasn’t for you.

Some people do like to play non-confrontationally. At least you did it. A lot of people just farm their way through the challenges which defeats the purpose of The Archives.

• S_Panda
    S_Panda Member Posts: 539

I also had mine against a hag on hawkin's. Everytime she went after me the most she did was a single hit. Finally at the end of the game I was opening one gate and she found me so I dashed across the map using the boost and got to one of the safe rooms (the 'warehouse' with many boxes and 2 pallets with a short/long side). Stunned her at one pallet (sadly gate was on other side of it). My team mate got in her way letting me cross to the other side with the pallet. I stunned her then got to dead hard my way out the gate. Spine chill is part of my normal build so it was more of being careful rather than holding out at a gen.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

I actually found this challenge to be really fun.

The match I got it was one of the best matches of DBD I've ever had, and I hope for more challenges like this in the future.

• LegionOfDumb
    LegionOfDumb Member Posts: 623

I didn't have a hard time with it honestly. I gave that GhostFace a mental middle finger and was able to stay out of his sight.

• Mikey4Hire
    Mikey4Hire Member Posts: 271

I just had Claudette with dark clothes

Perks:Spine chill. Urban evasion. Distortion. Left behind

Item:Skeleton key with black lock and weaved ring add-ons

I just went around the outside of the map waiting for everyone to die and then I took the hatch

• Azgard12
    Azgard12 Member Posts: 335

Eh I did it with Left Behind and a good key.

It's a challenge. It's life now.

• DarthRane
    DarthRane Member Posts: 198
    edited December 2019

Pretty easy challenge fixated, Sprint burst, spine chill, dance with me

You could also drop dance with me for iron will incase they manage to get a hit on you or switch out SB for lithe for some more synergy with dance with me

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,714

I luckily got mine against an iri head huntress. A steve lead her around on and off for all five gens. He would lose her, heal up, then go back after her. She would miss the hatchets and then just chase him. She had noed which is how she hooked him at the end.

I managed to cleanse it and then she started to chase me but I got out by dodging a hatchet at the gates. I didn't even know she had iri head until the end screen since she never hit a single hatchet. So glad steve got out that game, he made the challenge easy since he had the aggro all game.

• LegionOfDumb
    LegionOfDumb Member Posts: 623

That Steve was a hero, and I respect the hell out of him

• Andreyu44
    Andreyu44 Member Posts: 1,527

Whats the point in bringing a skeleton key if you're gonna let everyone die?

ew,typical Claudette player.

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

I got mine with Kate and against Spirit. I played normally, actually. The killer kept going after everyone else, luckily and when the exit gates got powered....

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I did the challenge by playing like a hinterhältiges wurstbrötchen and killing my whole team to get hatch.

• asergioam
    asergioam Member Posts: 363

Funny, mine was against a hag too and I found a key in a chest and also escaped through the hatch! It was in Myers map.

• altruistic
    altruistic Member Posts: 1,141

I ran the same build, used Claudette with the green shirt and brown pants, and threw on some Metal Gear Solid 3 “Caution” music.

I had a lot of fun. Only took me 2 games to complete.

• concious_consumer
    concious_consumer Member Posts: 282

Just another challenge to encourage toxic and selfish gameplay. Add it to the pile.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627

@Andreyu44 so you can let the killer close the hatch and patrol the gates, while you can reopen the hatch like a mole.

@Auron471 if you are just urban evasioning around, I'm wondering how did you manage to get the iridiscent lightbringer? And the Benevolent? And 100% chaser by standing in the TR? Strange setup

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

I got it using better together, prove thyself, spine chill, and iron will.

• wait4him2leave
    wait4him2leave Member Posts: 118

I was blessed with an AFK killer

• Auron471

I urban evasioned to generators and I sprint bursted away the moment chase started to I won a lot of chases. And I also urban evasioned to hooks to saves.

• Deadeye

@Auron471 So you played a normal game except the chases. So that annoys you so hard to open a thread on it? Actually I would guess like 30% of all players play like that because not everyone is a perfect looper. It is another aspect of the game, so if there is one challenge I would not, out of personal disinterest, demand to remove it.

Btw if a single sprint burst makes you win the chase, then you had also a bad killer. Normally you just get one or two loops further before using the vaults / pallets. And breaking the chase just gives you back your sprint burst. EZ I would say. Wouldn't blame the unfun on the challenge then

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,693

I ran to the gate in my first chase, pointed at it, and butt danced.

The killer knew what was up.

• Auron471

I was annoyed because I wasn’t willing to take any risky moves. Normally I play somewhat ballsy and mess around. But this game I felt like I was forced to play way safer than what I was used to, and take little to no risk at all.

• MedicSpirit7
    MedicSpirit7 Member Posts: 689
    edited December 2019

I played like 13 games and was trying to be so immersed so I wouldn’t get hooked and legit almost every game I got hooked as the gates were open and everyone left me. This challenge lowkey sucks about the not getting hooked part

• crabbycanuckttv
    crabbycanuckttv Member Posts: 35

Or just play normally....play well and get the challenge when you get it. That's how a good player does it

• Danielgdp3
    Danielgdp3 Member Posts: 452

This has got to be the easiest challenge for me to do, I run Spine Chill religiously and probably don't get hooked 1/3 matches

• HeroLives
    HeroLives Member Posts: 1,985
    edited December 2019

I with all intended purpose, went in thinking this challenge would suck but I just ended up with an afk wraith on my first try.

• PigMainClaudette
    PigMainClaudette Member Posts: 3,842

I run it base, but i'm no immersed Blendette.

My kit is Spine Chill, Sprint Burst, Self-Care and Bond.

Great stealth build with the default Claudette clothes (well, I use the jacket over the button shirt) and just annoying the killer. You CAN hide, but not Urban Evasion like a rank 20 in a corner. And Sprint Burst should be enough to get a decent advantage in chases.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

I think the Pig that I was against literally didn't even know that I existed. But yeah, I hate urban evading

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Any other perk is just so much better and less toxic than urban evasion

• Deadeye

How is urban evasion toxic?

But seriously, do you guys that complain about the fun of this challenge, which is apparently so easy to achieve, really want to just have challenges that are fun? and do you expect that they are fun to every survivor? (I guess not, just fun to you)

There wouldn't be much left for challenges. There is like one challenge per tome for killer and survivor that say "try this one playstyle". I agree it is bad if it encourages playstyle like camping, as with the basement challenge. But for the rest, what's the problem? You get to know a new way, like it or not and go on. I don't see the problem.

• Kiawi
    Kiawi Member Posts: 33

I did the challenge with Spine Chill, Iron Will, Lithe and Dance With Me. I didn't crouch around the whole game but just tried to lose the Killer whenever I was found. I think it took me two or three games, don't remember exactly. Sure, not the safest method if you want it on your first try but 3 survivors got out and I also did gens and helped teammates, so I think that was a success.