The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Jigsaw's Baptism Buffs & QOL Improvements - Ultimate Concept (Dev's read pretty please)

Hex_BoopTheSnoot
Hex_BoopTheSnoot Member Posts: 151
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

I hope this gets more attention than it did on my Reddit account r/letmethefrickIN because this concept has literally been at least a year to fully complete. I have been trying to come up with the best changes for The Pig and after tons and TONS of concepts that I've posted to my Reddit account, here is my 100% finalized version. I hope anyone that takes the time to read this enjoys because I basically had to learn all the ins and outs of The Pig's Power to come up with a better, but not overpowered Pig.

POWER CHANGES

REVERSE BEAR TRAPS

• You must hold the Power Button to set a Reverse Bear Trap upon a Survivor, instead of just tapping.

• Decrease the time it takes to set a Reverse Bear Trap to 3 seconds, down from 3.3 seconds.

• When a Survivors Reverse Bear Trap's Death Timer is paused, the Death Timer icon (Indicated by their Status Icon) will appear yellow instead of white.

• Jigsaw Box auras will only be revealed to Survivors wearing an active Reverse Bear Trap.

• The first Jigsaw Box a Survivor searches will never contain the correct key to remove their Reverse Bear Trap.

• When a Survivors Reverse Bear Trap Death Timer reaches 0, their aura is revealed to all Survivors until the Reverse Bear Trap Death animation finishes.

• When a Survivors Reverse Bear Trap reaches 0, instead of the trap immediately triggering, the Survivor will panic and attempt to remove their Reverse Bear Trap just before it triggers.

• When a Survivors Reverse Bear Trap triggers, their location is revealed to the Killer.

• Survivors mouths will appear unnaturally wide open as of a result from a triggered Reverse Bear Trap.

• Once a Survivor has fallen to the ground and died from their Reverse Bear Trap, the Survivor's Status Icon will be replaced with the died icon.

• When a Survivor dies from a Reverse Bear Trap and their body has already fallen to the ground, their body will disappear to signifiy their return to the Campfire.

CROUCHING (SKULKING)

• The crouch and stand action is replaced with the Skulk and Stop Skulking action.

• Skulking is similar to crouching, but you no longer crouch, your movement speed is no longer decreased but increased by 10% and you gain Undetectable at the beginning of the Skulk transition.

• The time it takes to fully begin Skulking and stop Skulking (Previously Crouch and Stand) is decreased to 1 second.

• The Skulking (Formally crouch & stand) transition animation is reworked to account for the above changes.

• A new (Louder) SFX will play while in the Skulking transition animation.

AMBUSH DASH

• The Pig's Ambush Dash SFX now plays after fully charging your Ambush Dash, instead of during.

• When charging your Ambush Dash, The Pig preforms a new animation and a new (Quieter) SFX plays.

• Ambush attacks trigger and grant Tokens towards The Third Seal, Franklin's Demise, Remember Me, Dark Devotion, Surge, & Sloppy Butcher (The perks descriptions will be updated to reflect this exception).

BLOODPOINT CHANGES

DEVIOUSNESS

• REVERSE BEAR TRAP SET: +500 BP 

Previously called the TRAP SET Score Event.

• SURPRISE ATTACK: +500 BP 

Previously only gainible while playing as The Wraith; Gained when either successfully preforming an Ambush attack or when successfully preforming a Basic attack shortly after you stop Skulking.

• DEATH TIMER DURATION: +750 BP incremental

New Score Event. Gain +5 BP for every 1% a Survivors Reverse Bear Trap Death Timer progresses. These points are awarded when either the Survivor removes their trap or dies from it. This idea was inspired by Reddit user u/starlitepony.

• GAME OVER: +1000 BP 

Previously a Sacrifice Score Event.

BRUTALLY

• AMBUSH ATTACK: +500 BP 

Previously a Deviousness Score Event.

SACRIFICE

• DEATH: +1000 BP 

Previously called the KILL Score Event and it wasn't awarded upon Reverse Bear Trap kills.

OBJECTIVE

• MACABRE SEARCH +150 BP

Previously rewarded +100 BP.

SURVIVAL

• REVERSE BEAR TRAP ESCAPE +500 BP

Previously called the TRAP ESCAPE Score Event. It previously rewarded +400 Bloodpoints.

ADD-ON CHANGES

TABLESPOON

THE PIG | COMMON ADD-ON

A metal spoon that's heat stained from past drug use. Amanda reminiscing about her past self-hardens her determination.

Increases your Ambush Dash charging speed by 15% and increases your successful Ambush attack recovery speed by 40%.

• Doesn't stack with Video Tape, Hypodermic Needle, or 9mm Shell Casing.

KILLER ADD-ON - JIGSAW'S BAPTISM

FACE MASK

THE PIG | COMMON ADD-ON

A cloth mask that partially suffocates its victims, making it hard for them to concentrate.

Survivors caught in a Reverse Bear Trap suffer from Blindness until their Reverse Bear Trap is removed.

UTILITY BLADES

THE PIG | COMMON ADD-ON

Sharp blades installed into the access holes of Jigsaw Boxes, making them extra difficult and potentially painful to search.

Increases Skill Check trigger odds by 10% and decreases Skill Check success zones by 40% for Survivors searching Jigsaw Boxes.

• Doesn't stack with Barbed Wire or Interlocking Razors.

WORN SPRING

THE PIG | COMMON ADD-ON

A faulty spring inside Death Timers cause the gears in the mechanism to turn slower.

Bloodpoints awarded for Deviousness Score Events are increased by 100% but the Death Timer duration is increased by 15 seconds.

BARBED WIRE

THE PIG | UNCOMMON ADD-ON

Razor wire installed into the access holes of Jigsaw Boxes, making them extra difficult and potentially painful to search.

Increases Skill Check trigger odds by 10% and decreases Skill Check success zones by 50% for Survivors searching Jigsaw Boxes.

• Doesn't stack with Utility Blades or Interlocking Razors.

VIDEO TAPE

A VHS tape containing a recording of Jigsaw, explaining a games rules. Amanda reminiscing about her past self-hardens her determination.

Increases your Ambush Dash charging speed by 30% and your successful Ambush attack recovery speed by 40%.

• Doesn't stack with Tablespoon, Hypodermic Needle, or 9mm Shell Casing.

MEDICAL FILE

A single file from John Kramer's medical records, detailing the cancer afflicting the old man. What the object represents influences The Entity in Amanda's favor.

Start the Trial with 1 additional Reverse Bear Trap.

JIGSAW'S SKETCH

A disturbing, yet brilliant trap design, sketched in detail on a sheet of paper.

Creates 1 additional Jigsaw Box.

• Doesn't stack with Jigsaw's Annotated Plan.

SLOW-RELEASE TOXIN

A poison that is not fatal, but weakens the body and makes it nearly impossible to fully recover from.

Survivors caught in a Reverse Bear Trap becomes Exhausted until their Reverse Bear Trap is removed.

BAG OF GEARS

THE PIG | RARE ADD-ON

A bag of mechanical parts that allow for the creation of more challenging Jigsaw Boxes and easier to install Reverse Bear Traps.

Increases your Reverse Bear Trap setting speed by 40% and decreases Survivors Jigsaw Box searching speed by 15%.

• Doesn't stack with Box of Gears or Crate of Gears.

COMBAT STRAPS

THE PIG | RARE ADD-ON

Leather straps that hold fabric in place for nimbler movement. Abducting the ungrateful requires great patience and nearly unnatural agility.

While Skulking, your movement speed is increased by an additional 16%.

HYPODERMIC NEEDLE

THE PIG | RARE ADD-ON

A grotesque syringe, scars from the incident remain in Amanda's skin. Amanda reminiscing about her past self-hardens her determination.

Increases your Ambush Dash charging speed by 45% and your successful Ambush attack recovery speed by 40%.

• Doesn't stack with Tablespoon, Video Tape, or 9mm Shell Casing.

INTERLOCKING RAZORS

THE PIG | RARE ADD-ON

Overlapping razors installed into the access holes of Jigsaw Boxes, making them extra difficult and potentially painful to search.

Increases Skill Check trigger odds by 10% and decreases Skill Check success zones by 60% for Survivors searching Jigsaw Boxes.

• Doesn't stack with Utility Blades or Barbed Wire.

"I assume nothing. I anticipate the possibilities and I let the game play out." - John Kramer "Jigsaw"

RUSTY ATTACHMENTS

THE PIG | RARE ADD-ON

Mouth spikes, covered with crusty and volatile rust spots that make injuries particularly difficult to heal.

Survivors injured while caught in a Reverse Bear Trap become Mangled until their Reverse Bear Trap is removed.

"Most people are so ungrateful to be alive, but not you, not anymore..." - John Kramer "Jigsaw"

BOX OF GEARS

THE PIG | VERY RARE ADD-ON

A box of mechanical parts that allow for the creation of more challenging Jigsaw Boxes and easier to install Reverse Bear Traps.

Increases your Reverse Bear Trap setting speed by 40% and decreases Survivors Jigsaw Box searching speed by 30%.

• Doesn't stack with Bag of Gears or Crate of Gears.

JIGSAW'S ANNOTATED PLAN

A disturbing, yet brilliant trap design, sketched in detail on a sheet of paper and annotated by Jigsaw.

Creates 2 additional Jigsaw Boxes.

• Doesn't stack with Jigsaw's Sketch.

AUTOPSY REPORT

A single file from John Kramer's medical records, detailing the death of the heinous killer. What the object represents influences The Entity in Amanda's favor.

Start the trial with 2 additional Reverse Bear Traps.

"By creating a legacy, by living a life worth remembering, you become immortal." - Amanda Young "The Pig"

9MM SHELL CASING

An empty bullet casing, still warm from Amanda's final game. Amanda reminiscing about her past self-hardens her determination.

Increases your Ambush Dash charging speed by 60% and your successful Ambush attack recovery speed by 40%.

• Doesn't stack with Tablespoon, Video Tape, or Hypodermic Needle.

"Amanda, It's okay... this was your test, your game... I was testing you." - John Kramer "Jigsaw"*

CRATE OF GEARS

THE PIG | ULTRA RARE ADD-ON

A crate of mechanical parts that allow for the creation of more challenging Jigsaw Boxes and easier to install Reverse Bear Traps.

Increases Reverse Bear Trap setting speed by 40% and decreases Survivors Jigsaw Box searching speed by 45%.

• Doesn't stack with Bag of Gears or Box of Gears.

"The time I spent learning... training... I can create what he couldn't, and I'm willing to do what he wouldn't." - Amanda Young "The Pig".

RULE SET NO. 2

THE PIG | ULTRA RARE ADD-ON

A tape player with an audio recording still inside, found inside an old, moldy box, among several unused Reverse Bear Trap parts.

Death Timer progression is no longer time-based. Survivors wearing an active Reverse Bear Trap increases Death Timer progression by repairing, healing, Survivor recovering, chest searching, cleansing, and Exit Gate opening.

• Reduces the Death Timer duration to 30 seconds

• Survivors no longer see Jigsaw Box auras or Death Timer progression.

• The Death Timer light indicator no longer tells the Death Timer duration, but whether the Reverse Bear Trap is paused, active, or triggered.

"Not all games need to have the same rules." - Amanda Young "The Pig"

Post edited by Hex_BoopTheSnoot on

Comments

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

I agree with everything, except the ambush token synergy. No STBFL on Pig? No fun.

• LemeTheMeme
    LemeTheMeme Member Posts: 403

I do like some of the changes here, but the the crouch and dash doesn't need a change really. It makes her second ability to be ghostfaces but with a dash, survs can't break you out, and increased movement speed. The addon changes look alright, but the ruleset one is just going to be not viable since anyone knowing you're running it will just immediately take off the helmet without worrying of it blowing they're heads off.

• Hex_BoopTheSnoot

Ya I understand, I like being able to keep my 8 Token by Ambush attacking too, but I figure if I'm going to rope Ambush attacks with Basic attacks, I kinda need to be fair and include all perks, not just the ones that IMO are unfairly excluded from Ambush attacks like Franklin's Demise and Sloppy Butcher.

• Hex_BoopTheSnoot

I thought about the Night Shroud similarities to Skulking too, but I didn't change it because I feel the whole Reveal aspect of Night Shroud mostly exists to counteract Ghost Face's Stalk. With the movement speed increases I gave Skulking, it's actually mechanicly more similar to Wailing Bells cloak than Night Shroud, except she isn't almost completely invisible.

Also Rule Set No. 2, just like the Reverse Bear Traps, ia a lot less about actually killing Survivors, but wasting their time. But with Rule Set No. 2, not only can you never see Jigsaw Box auras, but you also are never sure exactly how close to death you are, which could add another level of fear.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Yeah, kinda like Myers don't just stop synergising with perks when he hits T3.

• Hex_BoopTheSnoot

Facts.

Though I understand why the Dev's have added distinctions between Basic and other attacks, because Feral Frenzy and Hunting Hatchet attacks are very different from Basic attacks, but Ambush and Pounce attacks are much more similar to Basic attacks than something like a Chainsaw attack. I just feel like a simple line in perk descriptions specifying the exceptions would work fine.