The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

So being stealthy is apparently wrong?

I heard many times that if you are being stealthy, hiding from the killer and such, you are basically playing wrong

By this I do not mean being an immersed claud in a bush 90% of the time. I mean avoiding the killer while he is coming for your gen or crouching away from them during a chase

People say you are not usefull since you are not making them waste time, and that you should be looping them instead. Proplem is many players suck at looping and can rarely avoid getting downed for a whole minute. Therefore they are helping their team better by not getting hooked immediately and letting the killer apply pressure on them

So people should stop telling players, specially solo queuers that being stealthy (not immersed) is pointless. Is it a little selfish? Maybe. Are you a coward by avoiding the thing trying to kill you? No, definetly not

Comments

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I've never heard this. The community is full of stealthy players that know how to avoid the killer and still be efficient

• Bingbongbong
    Bingbongbong Member Posts: 202

It's not wrong just not popular.

The most popular playstyle and what the game has kind of evolved into is all about the chase. I'd love to see variety in playstyles but to do that they'd need to make killers that are very strong in chases and weak outside of them and you already know if a killer was like that people would cry for a nerf since it didn't fit the main playstyle.

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549

A lot of swf players like to ######### on solo players for hiding more than looping. I'm an immersed solo player and I don't hear complaints in the games I play, but that's because I do gens and I can loop some killers for a minute or two when I am found.

When you talk about being immersed/stealthy on the forums people immediately jump to "you're doing nothing" and "making your teammates do the work" ect ect. they think that since you're not being a cocky jerk to the killer you must be a rank 20 blendette sitting in a corner the whole game.

• Troman
    Troman Member Posts: 264

I like playing stealthy. Not immersed. I enjoy outsmarting the killer. You have to think like the killer and know where he is going to look for you and prevent being found. I usually do most gens in my games while my solo teammates go down every 5 seconds.

• Reyla
    Reyla Member Posts: 41

Being stealthy is fine, as is being an aggressive survivor, but if a survivor wants to be the best survivor they can be, they have to be both, depending on the situation.

If three of your teammates are slugged, it's stealthy time, even if you're that guy who likes to be chased for five gens. If all of your team is on death hook and injured and you haven't been chased all game, you need to make sure you're the next one chased.

Everyone has their preferences and I would never judge anyone for the way they play, but it can be a mistake to be stealthy in certain situations.

• foochill1
    foochill1 Member Posts: 109

Lol, yes in fact one is cowardly for hiding from the killer, but its ok to be a coward in this game, dont justify cowardness. Dont listen to anyone that says its selfishly or useless. You do waste a killers time by hiding, it makes them a bit fustraded when they have to keep kicking a gen and not finding anyone, then you learn the pattern to how they play. So long as YOU feel you making good use of your time (I hope youre not self caring while on sloppy butcher) you'll be fine. Dont self care

• bilaueta
    bilaueta Member Posts: 341

Well I think this is the best way to sum it all up, thank you for the tip

• bilaueta
    bilaueta Member Posts: 341
  • Galklife
    Galklife Member Posts: 726

its not wrong BUT:

if you save and go stealth, killers come back and see ONLY unhooked surv he almost have to tunnel that surv(imo its not even tunneling at that point)

i know it sounds weird but in this game survs have to keep killer busy and not ever killer will waste his time too look for immerse survivor so he will focus on 2 or 3 survs that he can chase so they will die earlier than they should

Stealth is viable playstyle but selfish af, on soloQ when you dont care about teammates (teamplay game btw) it will work, but i suggest not to do that when you play swf especially when your friends arent that good in the game (im ex stealth player but now i have most hours and had to learn how to loop to buy time for less experienced friends because you cant throw all killers attention into new survivors)

and dont take that personal but when after 6 hooks i met P3 claudette (or in brown clothes claudette) im doing all i can to not let her escape (i hate selfish blendettes more than anything in this game), im not gonna camp you but when i will have choice between other surv and you i will choose you

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

Im not good at looping a killer. I try and am getting better but really for my team, its better if im not being chased lol.

I usually do 2 gens solo every game. Get an unhook or two. Heal some people. I hide until i need to come out of the shadows.

I usually dont get hate messeges from other survivors unless i do something really stupid. Like automatically struggling and reading the forums when only one person was left and slugged on the hatch. I deserved that lol

• DBDfan12
    DBDfan12 Member Posts: 163

you get a lot of players who think they can loop but cant.

• Thatoneguy46
    Thatoneguy46 Member Posts: 8

I usually just try to find gens to finish the match. Sometimes the only way for me to get to the gens is to be stealthy and hide when necessary.

• StarMoral
    StarMoral Member Posts: 938

Stealth is good to keep you out of chases, but it's not gaurenteed. I personally play half and half, running Urban and Iron Will alongside and exhaustion perk like Balanced or Lithe.

I would suggest playing stealthy, most definitely, but make sure you have an escape plan.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Being stealthy is wrong

Looping is wrong

Doing gens is wrong

Pallets are wrong

Decisive Strike is wrong

Adrenaline is wrong

Keys are wrong

Tool boxes are wrong

Breaking hex totems is wrong

Not breaking totems is wrong

Escaping is wrong

You not starting the game on a hook is wrong.

Hell with them - if you are working toward objectives and wasting killer time making them look for you, that's better than the ahole that tries to loop a killer past everyone else doing gens, then gets face floored less than 30 seconds into a chase.

Play stealthy, but know when you are about to get found and get that head start. Don't want to give a killer a free hit.

• PrettyFaceKate
    PrettyFaceKate Member Posts: 1,776

Stealth is perfectly fine. Being unproductive isn't.