Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why is the forum a battleground?

I'm not new to the forum by any means, but am I missing something? I read the patch notes and I didn't see anything too out of the park, except maybe the Oni nerf. Why is every other thread filled with flaming vitrol, survivors and killers included?

Comments

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

People won't drop their opinions just because they're wrong

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

The freddy nerf without any mentioning of toolboxes is kinda rough for people that understand math.

• Nhekii
    Nhekii Member Posts: 124

Imagine coming to a post that was mocking a certain group of people, and still commenting on it even though you are targeted by the post in question.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Maybe it is unbalanced if you let the survivor take you to strongest loop in the map or don't bother to interrupt their path of loop strings. If you do like you're supposed to do and create dead zones and force survivors to them chases won't take long. There's also plenty of powers and perks you have access to. Sometimes there is a good reason no one listens to a complaint.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,367

Honestly I'm pretty ashamed that I've joined said battleground, a huge number of people here are overly stubborn (including myself at times) and it just leads to argument after argument. It's quite upsetting really.

• JC316
    JC316 Member Posts: 693

Killers want a 4K and survivors want to escape every time. Killers do annoying crap like tunnel, camp, NOED, and slugging. Survivors do annoying crap like gen rush, pallet loop, teabagging, DS, BT, and obnoxious flashlight play. Everyone comes here to gripe about it.

I play both survivor and killer equally. Survivor is at the advantage for sure, so when a strong killer gets nerfed, all of the killer mains are going to be annoyed.

• FriendlyGuy

New patch comes out, people start posting their opinions on it. That's what the discussion section of the forum is for. I said my opinion and why i discuss it.

So is the OP here just saying he can't understand why people got an opinion on certain things?

• FriendlyGuy

So now survivors got less of a reason to wake up against slowdown freddy. Seems like a nerf for me.

• FriendlyGuy

But they still got less of a reason. Those percentages got nerfed heavily.

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

In the end, the forums have sides pitted against each other because of how the devs choose to balance the game.

They want everyone to have "fun" and pander to how the game "feels" to play instead of defining what a "win" is and balancing around that focus.

I almost feel like the game is designed around a participation award system rather than an actual competitive game.

I mean, no matter what you say about this game there are two opposing sides with opposing goals attempting to prevent the other side from accomplishing their goal. It's competitive by nature regardless of how the devs or anyone tries to spin it.

I honestly believe the forums would be more tolerable if the game itself was balanced behind a clear win condition and a ranking system that ranked skill rather than a laundry lists of tasks that includes "let the other side have fun"