Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What is your favorite perk and why?

BLUE_APE
BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282

Weather your killer or survivor main, which perk in the game is your favorite
I almost want to say D-strike is, but eh its over rated.

My favorite perk is Object Of Obsession (or O.O.O. for short)
This perk is a double edged sword, if used properly it is a very strong perk. I love using all of Laurie's perks, but this one I think is my favorite, also if your voice chatting with friends you can use it to let your friends know where the killer is. It might be a good idea to run Empathy and Spine chill with this one too. You can't always look at the killer because then they'll find you, so spine chill would let you know if they are coming a little bit before you hear a heart beat. Empathy would let you see the chase and if the killer lost them or not. This perk can also show you what killer your going to fight when the match starts, HOWEVER!!!! OOO will not activate if its The Shape on tier 1, but if the perk activates but you don't see the killer's aura then its Freddy. (You can see Freddy's aura in the dream world but if your out of his terror radius then he can probably already see you)

Now this all being said I like Object Of Obsession, but I if I could make my own adjustments: I'd make it to where you can see the killers aura even if you are in their terror radius. (note: killer still wouldn't be able to see user, once they enter his terror radius) Well that or it doesn't give your position away if you are looking the killer's way.
However the big draw back is that you wouldn't hear a heart beat, thats right, you replace your heart beat with aura vision. (Only for the obsession, if not the obsession then ooo would be what it was before, and the range would be shorter)

I would have said Dark sense with its new buff, but its not as good as Bitter Murmur's new buff...

I'm going to say my favorite killer perk is Remember Me, I haven't started maining killer yet, but when I do I would like to use it.
Plus I like the name for a special/depressing reason.

But what is your favorite perk? you don't have to put one for killer and survivor, or do what I did, I'm just sharing my ideas here.

Comments

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

OOO, calm spirit+iron will, balanced landing, save the best for last, brutal strengh + enduring. I don't really have a one favourite perk, I just like a great combos etc.

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893
    As a survivor dance with me, Lithe, technician and stake out. Allows me repair generators close to the Killer and if I do get caught I could escape a chase really easily.

As a Killer Pop Goes the Weasel, Save The Best For Last, hangman's trick and huntress lullaby.
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

I wish I could say something different than Ruin, but since the game is literally unplayable without it, I'll have to stick with it.

• ChesterTheMolester
    ChesterTheMolester Member Posts: 2,771
    For Survivors its Urban Evasion, im so dependant on it, i feel naked without it. Its like an addiction.

For Killers its Devour Hope, i love it but the nature of Hex Perks doesn't make it viable.
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Spine Chill as survivor. This perk gives you so much information and is sooooo useful in so many situations.

As killer my fav perk now is probably Bitter Murmur. It's really great on Freddy and makes people scared to finish gens. It also punishes them for rushing by ganging up on a gen.

• BLUE_APE

@Mister_xD said:
    I wish I could say something different than Ruin, but since the game is literally unplayable without it, I'll have to stick with it.

Well I played against a pro killer who didn't have it. But alright, if you like it thats fine.

• BLUE_APE

@thesuicidefox said:
    Spine Chill as survivor. This perk gives you so much information and is sooooo useful in so many situations.

As killer my fav perk now is probably Bitter Murmur. It's really great on Freddy and makes people scared to finish gens. It also punishes them for rushing by ganging up on a gen.

Oh nice choice.
    So do you main freddy?

• AshleyWB
    AshleyWB Member Posts: 4,061
    Call me crazy but Territorial Imperative is incredibly underated and is my favourite perk playing leatherface especially. It works wonders for greedy survivors grabbing that basement chest early game and I KNOW IF YOU COME TO SAVE.
  • AshleyWB
    edited July 2018
    @thesuicidefox Everytime I finish a gen I just wanna teabag for 5 seconds in case the killer has bitter murmur.😈
  • Chi
    Chi Member Posts: 780

Empathy, Lithe, Premonition, Plunderer's Instinct and Ace in the Hole. I used to be a Balanced Landing fan, but the exhaustion nerf makes it kinda bad.

As a killer, I like Nurse's Calling, Franklin's Demise, Bloodwarden, Make your Choice, Brutal Strength and Deerstalker.

• BLUE_APE

@AshleyWB said:
    Call me crazy but Territorial Imperative is incredibly underated and is my favourite perk playing leatherface especially. It works wonders for greedy survivors grabbing that basement chest early game and I KNOW IF YOU COME TO SAVE.

Oh I see......Well nobody says you have to go into the basement, so that could be avoided all together.
    But on a different note, I must say that sounds awesome!! I feel like some perks are just not really run because they don't do to much, but I'm happy that its your favorite perk.

Though, I think it should be buffed to where it'll activate weather or not your in range.

• BLUE_APE

@Chi said:
    Empathy, Lithe, Premonition, Plunderer's Instinct and Ace in the Hole. I used to be a Balanced Landing fan, but the exhaustion nerf makes it kinda bad.

As a killer, I like Nurse's Calling, Franklin's Demise, Bloodwarden, Make your Choice, Brutal Strength and Deerstalker.

Oh Cool

Okay this may sound dumb but, I think the exhaustion nerf actually helps me when I'm using sprint burst, I don't know how but it does.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101

bond. I like to be able to see what everyone else is up to. If someone is consistently hiding in lockers I tend to not save them.

• AshleyWB
    edited July 2018
    @Jesya I like using bond to make the killer switch target when they try to tunnel me. I would rather not know how little my team are doing though😄.
  • Steebear
    Steebear Member Posts: 105

@AshleyWB said:

And as we know, saves are not allowed from the basement against Leatherface ... ever!

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

@BLUE_APE said:

@thesuicidefox said:

Oh nice choice.
    So do you main freddy?

I did. Now I 'main' Huntress but I still play Freddy and Hag. I've been playing Freddy last few days (from rank 9 to 6) just because he's fun and I have almost all the killer perks for him. It's like night and day though between him and Huntress when it comes to how much harder it is to make plays.

• BLUE_APE

@AshleyWB said:
    @Jesya I like using bond to make the killer switch target when they try to tunnel me. I would rather not know how little my team are doing though😄.

Maybe you should run my betrayal build Sole Survivor, Bond, D-strike, and Object of obsession

• BLUE_APE

@Jesya said:
    bond. I like to be able to see what everyone else is up to. If someone is consistently hiding in lockers I tend to not save them.

I was gonna say not saving sounds bad, but yeah if they are hiding in lockers for most of the match then screw them.
    I do like Bond though maybe a little more so then empathy.

• Lowbei
    Lowbei Member Posts: 2,637
    edited August 2018
    were going to live forever. because we get rich to this.
    Post edited by Lowbei on
  • BLUE_APE

@Lowbei said:
    were going to live forever

Money maker

• crabby247
    crabby247 Member Posts: 58

BOND - because just like in real life I have no sense of direction so seeing my teammates and what they are doing helps me tremendously. I think it's underrated but I am seeing more survivors using it since the last update.

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

the most funny one is insidious cuz u can wait survs to rescue or do gens and suddenly scare/down em with chainsaw, specially in the basement

another very funny is blood warden but needs to be added a timer/enabled animation

finally, it is great too Franklin's demise

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Tapp main praising Tapp perks: I really love Stakeout. I know a lot of people consider it the "I'm too ######### to play Survivor" perk, but there's two reasons I like this perk:
    The first reason is that it's honestly very easy to use. Against Wraith (and to a lesser extent Myers, Pig, and anyone who uses M&A) it does kinda suck but other than that getting into a terror radius is kinda always going to happen at some point. This means that for basically playing the game you get free Great skill checks.
    Which leads to my second point: it rewards good play, and play that isn't just "looping the killer lol xd." If you can stealth well you can get a lot of value out this perk, and become a lot more impactful to your team as a result.

It's just a great perk for doing objectives. If you can avoid a killer but still keep active this perk really helps you end the game quickly.

• AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    Ofc it depends on the build, but I do love dance with me. It is my new fave. Countless times you see the poor killer look around in panic to see where you went. Like magic if you use it right. Before that, I guess premonition. 

On killer I do love brutal strength. 
  • Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256

Urban Evasion - The ultimate ninja stealth skill.

Hex: Third Seal - Awesome and useless at the same time. Sadly, it's a victim of the Hex system.

• Larcz
    Larcz Member Posts: 531

Well i realy like blood warden when gate are close and survs try escape and i come with noed :D Haha this is soo fun for me watch like they try hide in gate or escape and he can't :chuffed:

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Am I the only survivor to love Solo Survivor? D:
  • TangledHelix
    TangledHelix Member Posts: 89
    I mostly play survivor and I'll have to say self care, because I hate relying on my teammates or friends.

If I do play killer then Enduring cause, pallets.
  • AshleyWB
    I like using stake out late at night when I'm tired and can't hit great skill checks. Helps especially with ruin.
  • laKUKA
    laKUKA Member Posts: 406

@BLUE_APE said:
    My favorite perk is Object Of Obsession (or O.O.O. for short)
    This perk is a double edged sword, if used properly it is a very strong perk. I love using all of Laurie's perks, but this one I think is my favorite, also if your voice chatting with friends you can use it to let your friends know where the killer is. It might be a good idea to run Empathy and Spine chill with this one too. You can't always look at the killer because then they'll find you, so spine chill would let you know if they are coming a little bit before you hear a heart beat. Empathy would let you see the chase and if the killer lost them or not. This perk can also show you what killer your going to fight when the match starts, HOWEVER!!!! OOO will not activate if its The Shape on tier 1, but if the perk activates but you don't see the killer's aura then its Freddy. (You can see Freddy's aura in the dream world but if your out of his terror radius then he can probably already see you)

Now this all being said I like Object Of Obsession, but I if I could make my own adjustments: I'd make it to where you can see the killers aura even if you are in their terror radius. (note: killer still wouldn't be able to see user, once they enter his terror radius) Well that or it doesn't give your position away if you are looking the killer's way.
    However the big draw back is that you wouldn't hear a heart beat, thats right, you replace your heart beat with aura vision. (Only for the obsession, if not the obsession then ooo would be what it was before, and the range would be shorter)

You make my day! Thanks for this! Amazing!

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    1. Hex: Devour Hope. I love it for the pay-off it can give. Doesn't always work and getting 4K isn't easy at all. But that just makes the times that you're able to that much more satisfying.
    2. Also, Barbecue & Chili is just great to have overall.
    3. And then Enduring. I'm sick and tired of 95% of Survivors pallet looping, and i'm sick and tired of all 4 Survivors running Decisive Strike. Enduring isn't a solution to pallet looping, but at least you can end loops very quickly, whether you were successful during that loop or not.
  • dezzmont
    dezzmont Member Posts: 481

From a pure design standpoint I really like Spine Chill, at least in the pre-vacuum meta before looping became a thing. It at first seems like a newbie crutch, but it actually gives you information that was highly relevant in the old chases where hard escapes were the only way to live, which was mainly "Is the killer still visually tracking me?" Because trying to exploit a LOS break has distance costs, if a killer tracks you through a LOS break trying to transition that into a hard escape you are merely guaranteeing you eat a hit. So spine chill actually had a significant effect on your ability to consistently do hard escapes mid chase, despite it seeming like it mostly just helped you if you were blind and deaf and couldn't realize the killer was coming for you on a gen.

Of course, new meta, new problems, and because survivors slowed down a lot to compensate for the fact they have safe bases all over the map those old juke games aren't as fun. In current meta I would say Stake Out is the most interesting perk, as it encourages you to be near the killer outside the context of a chase which is a very interesting dynamic compared to the boring trash that is looper meta where you want to be close to the killer mid chase, though it unfortunately isn't very strong.

• BLUE_APE

@Nickenzie said:
    Am I the only survivor to love Solo Survivor? D:

I like Sole Survivor I just wish it worked a little more like thanatophobia, in the way like it depends on how many survivors are near you.

• BLUE_APE

@Goobz said:
    No Mither for survivor for obvious reasons. OP.
    For killer, enduring because DS can kill itself. I would of picked brutal strength but they nerfed the pallet break speed so now it’s not that good. Buff brutal strength. 

No mither is op? Tell me how I'm quite curious, I'm not saying it isn't it, I'm just really interested.

• yugidragon
    yugidragon Member Posts: 18

I just started to use Quick and Quiet and it's a really good perk to make some plays, get some time, maybe even lose the killer. It's really fun.

• Tiyr
    Tiyr Member Posts: 52

Picking one on each side were gonna farm for ever on survivor and enduring on killer

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    Gotta' be iron will. Stealth is almost impossible without it unless the killer's playing without audio. Once you get hit once, it'd be game over.
  • Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

For survivors, bond is my favorite.
    -It is good for getting blood points especially after the coop points got buffed.
    -With bond you can easily team up and finish a generator within 45 seconds. Killers don't even have enough time to react and stop the generator.
    -When somebody is on the hook, I can see other survivors around the hook and take a free hit for them to go and rescue the hooked survivor.
    -If I am being chased and see somebody doing one of the gates, I lead killer to somewhere else and then escape through the gate.
    There are many many things that you can do with bond.

For killers, ruin is my favorite.
    -Because I don't want to play a match that lasts 3-4 minutes even if I 4k.

• chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940

I use the spine chill and premonition pairing. It's a must for stealth play 
  • chemical_reject
    chemical_reject Member Posts: 940
    BLUE_APE said:

@Chi said:

Oh Cool

Okay this may sound dumb but, I think the exhaustion nerf actually helps me when I'm using sprint burst, I don't know how but it does.

Because u can let the cool down get close to restarting and then just sprint everywhere so if u see the killer u can just stop for 2 seconds let the cool down finish and boom sprint burst again
  • BLUE_APE

>

Because u can let the cool down get close to restarting and then just sprint everywhere so if u see the killer u can just stop for 2 seconds let the cool down finish and boom sprint burst again.

OH YEAH YOUR RIGHT!! I can actually control sprint burst, and it may not, but for me the exhastion goes down faster. so i don't need Lithe when I can now control my sprint burst. I think the dev's nerf actually help me instead.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,447
    Urban Evasion, it’s just one of those perks that feels good to have.
  • BLUE_APE

@Star99er said:
    Urban Evasion, it’s just one of those perks that feels good to have.

It does

• AshleyWB
    Iron will with Claudette in slight fog is literally invisible. I sometimes run no mither, resilience, iron will and leader as a gen focused build. It runs perfectly as long as there are plenty of dirt patches tall grass and shady areas to hide. Urban evasion could help too. I like bringing broken key with the see da killer add on just to be safe. Even OoO with immersed no mither gen build Claudette is good.