Daily reminder that DS still isn't purely an anti-tunnel perk

Comments

• Gravewalker200
    Gravewalker200 Member Posts: 451

Just make the skill check smaller and see how that goes

• jokerdude23_
    jokerdude23_ Member Posts: 102

Only problem is if you are consistently doing good and doing your job then you are inevitably going to get hit by it, it feels like every other game A DS user gets unhooked and ill hook someone else and down someone else and then find them again and they use that last bit of Ds to hit me even tho I was doing the OPPOSITE of tunneling

• beatddb
    beatddb Member Posts: 565

"Standing infront a locker for 60s is just showing lack of skill."

Because hoping into a locker for the same amount of time so the killer can't do anything but take a 5s stun or leave is pure skill, right?

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Yeah it's not really for tunneling, the perk would have to work twice for it to truly address that strategy.

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

If you are consistently doing good, are able to hook someone, down someone else and STILL get hit with DS, you're probably winning the match.

• yoi
    yoi Member Posts: 338

Then stop farming in front of the killer and you'll be fine. Just because u have BT doesnt mean u should do dumb choices.

• AsePlayer

Why do you think people run DS? It's mainly to compensate for your teammate farming you like a rank 20 a majority of the time. I don't control what my team does, I can only attempt to compensate for what they do with the tools that the game gives me.

• yoi
    edited December 2019

Since the first day i Saw new ds i realized wasnt an anti tunnel was U KILLER U ARE DOING YOUR OBJECTIVE WAY TOO GOOD CHILL BRO CALM DOWN meanwhile survivors don't get punished for doing their objective way too quick wich OH WAIT they do and Is way faster than the killers one.. OMG i rediscovered américa!!! Thats What new ds Is an anti killer objective an Anti momentum etc it doesnt punish the killer for tunneling punishes for the sake of survivors having longer and funnier games for them and as usual fu*k the killers.

• Raccoon
    Raccoon Member Posts: 7,695
    edited December 2019

Or you're just starting to build momentum and you lose it all :D

Post edited by Raccoon on
  • AsePlayer

If a 5 second stun causes you to "lose it all", you need to git gud fam.

• ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

It's the locker invincibility perk now.

• yoi

This guy must think everyone plays in rank 15 in red ranks thats huge for survivors where the killer needs to have pressure all the time to barely have a chance. But how yellow or green ranks could understand that ir maybe are red ranks ignoring obvious facts that they obviously now but the don't give 2 damns about it. Because they never touched play as killer option and they can't emphatize With the other side at all.

• AsePlayer

Rank 1 at all times fam. I also play killer quite a bit. Please don't make assumptions. Also rank doesn't even equal skill in the first place, calling me a "green rank or yellow rank" means nothing.

• AsePlayer

Getting all 4 to proc in the same game is like ######### hit the fan worst case scenario most unlucky situation ever. A majority of my games will result in me never using DS for the most part.

• yoi
    edited December 2019

Then Is Worse because u know how much ds can change the game in red ranks and u talk like a green rank would. Is not take it... Taking ds in red ranks means losing specially if more than 1 have it. And Is unfair when u didnt Even tunnel getting punished You went for another Chase and u got it fast maybe because u outplayed that survivor and u comeback and ds Is still active and u get punished for sake of being punish. 60 seconds of immunity thats What actual ds Is. 60 secs of i can do whatever the fuc*k i want to and i don't Care because the killer can't do nothing about it and if he wants to get me i'm going into a locker or just forcé the grab or do a gen taking advantage of My 60 secs immunity. thats What ds Is now.

• yoi
    edited December 2019

I was fixing it My cell Is in spanish mode so it corrects the stuff wrong but man u are literally waiting there for My response. Wait a bit ay least

• AsePlayer

I get a notification when you respond. If i'm on the forum, I'll respond. Didn't know that was such a hard concept to grasp.

• yoi

Is fixed now

• AsePlayer

If you can keep track of the survivor you hooked earlier, you just need to wait like 20 seconds tops to pick them up if that specific scenario played out.

It can also become 60 seconds of laying on the floor if that's how you want to counter it as well, a survivor on the floor isn't doing anything and another survivor will have to stop what they're doing to help them up.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 449

Look, I main killer. I sometimes play survivor. While yes it isn't a purely anti-tunneling perk, it also serves it's purpose. As a survivor, you need to do anything possible in order to escape. But it also comes down to how much a killer could get rewarded for just tunneling one person at a time. The only frustrating part about DS is when you hook someone, gate gets opened, you get them back down and pick them up and then bam, they've escaped. Maybe to combat it, make blood warden activate when you hook someone when the last generator has been repaired.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310

Me: not tunnelling and 1 gen is left

Hook a guy, hook a different guy, find the other guy again by accident.

*Hit by DS*

No. Disable it when you hook another person.

• yoi

Not really What if they go into a locker? 0 counterplay u can't Even slug them they force the grab u cant just take it u have to leave u wasted time and u got nothing from it and u won't wait there because u can't unless You are trapper and place something in from of the locker 0 counterplay... Because waiting 60 seconds without doing nothing means 2 gens Will be done by 3 survivors without much problems. And no man why should i need to wait 20 seconds ( wich Is a Lot of time doing nothing actually u are ignoring that 20 seconds are half a gen done by 2 survivors) and Even like that i didnt tunnel why i have to wait? I went for other guy and i hooked him that was a different story another survivor so why? U see Is not Anti tunnel Is ANTI MOMENTUM. Is no man u are not allowed to do your objective u have to wait survivors don't have that problem they can rush without any punishment but the killer? No fam u wait Or u are Gonna get punished for doing your objective. I really see why u Say this barely play killer u don't or can't emphatize With killers at all and think ds in actual state Is fine and balanced and Is not.

• AsePlayer

If they go into a locker, they are not doing "whatever they want, like gens, etc" like you said, they're in a locker.

If you're waiting the full 60 seconds for DS to wear off then you quite literally are tunneling and the perk is doing its job. If you randomly find this person later down the line you'd only have to wait like 10 seconds tops.

• Chewy102
    Chewy102 Member Posts: 613

It isn't just a health state, it's an entire chase.

A 5 seconds stun is enough time to reach another loop who itself can drag out 10+ seconds if it has a mind game. 30+ seconds if it is a safe loop that allows the Survivor to reach yet ANOTHER loop to repeat everything all over again till they run out of resources or get caught out.

That 5 seconds stun can easily turn into a full minute after everything is said and done. The average game (for me) lasts 10-13 minutes. Eating a bad DS stun can cost me as much as 1/10 of an entire GAME!

That isn't even everything either. DS just by existing causes Killers to second guess picking anyone up after their first hook. As long as there is an obsession, there is going to be a risk of DS forcing any/all Killers to slug longer than normal. Who itself is yet another thing Survivors love to complain about!

That's a single DS. 2, 3, or all 4 Survivors can have that each! It's an extremely strong perk that frankly nothing else compares nor comes close to. That's why DS is hated. It's a perk too strong for its own good and has been THE strongest perk in the game since it came out in my opinion.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 635

Tbh in high ranks you have to abuse ds as survivor because most killers just keep avoiding it even when they tunnel. Anyways that doesnt mean its ok and ds should work this way.

• AsePlayer

Consider not chasing after wasting their DS, and enjoy knowing that it can't be used in the EGC or later in the match.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Killers could abuse this with complicated slugging and timing.

• yoi
    edited December 2019

Man u really don't get it right? U have to #########* leave that survivor Is Gonna come out and use the rest of his 45 #########* secs of immunity to do a gen u really don't get it right? I thought u were smarter and if u comeback again into the locker meanwhile 3 survivors are having fin pressing m1 because no one Is slugged for #########* 60 seconds Is really that simple and u can't get it.

• Chewy102

Not chasing a Survivor. You are telling Killers to not do their only job and to simply lose the game because there "might" be DS in play. Just go into a corner and stand there all game.

That's like me telling a Survivor to not do gens.

• AsePlayer

Not the same thing.

There's a timer, and it's one time use. You saying it becomes a health state AND a chase is because you chose to chase.

• AsePlayer

Why does the survivor have 45 seconds left while in the locker if you didn't tunnel him?

• Waffleyumboy

The Steve could be downed with no chance for getting up if the Spirit knew how to track someone who got unhooked right in front of them. Tunneling is what makes DS strong.

• yoi

Because people farm in front of your face no one waits for the killer to leave. Rare would be unhooking while the killer Is not close (rank 1 where those dumb plays shouldn't happen but hei BT EXISTS) and Even if u decide to go for the unhooker u can down him in less than 30 secs because of the free hit and u still need to wait for the other guy 45 or 30 secs wich punish u AND NOT THEM FOR HAVING A BIG BRAIN. (Sarcástic this last statement obviously their brain Is not functional) survivors shouldn't get rewarded for Bad plays but they do but the killer gets #########*ed for playing bad or just making a Bad read. Or Even if u play good and u didnt camp u may be Billy or oni a fast killer to comeback and u still get punished why u have to wait 20 or 30 seconds?... Anti momentum fam

• AsePlayer

So you did tunnel. Got it. The perk is doing its job.

• silverwolf4455
    silverwolf4455 Member Posts: 496

Because you still will be tunneled. The killer will slug you, down and hook the rescuer and come back to give you another hook.

A better idea is that if you are fully healed or start to repair, sabo, heal, search or anything else it deactivates.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293

The only nerf I'd give ds is you can't recover when slugged it makes slugging a pressure tool outside of a 2 second heal

• Waffleyumboy
  • terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    edited December 2019

Punish survivors that abuse ds since slugging is the only counterplay to ds it also forces survivors off gens creating pressure

• Chewy102

Often enough, there is no choice as a Survivor decided to chase the Killer knowing that he is 100% safe. A Survivor directly confronting the Killer without risk is a problem.

With any other perk. A stupid play will get the Survivor back on a hook. You can punish their bad play. But with DS they are free to do anything they want. Zero risk for punishments for bad plays, zero risk for pulling Killer agro, zero risk for a full minute is NOT balanced!

And yeah. It is comparable to gens. It's the same as saying that once a game when the Killer kicks a gen, no Survivor can touch it till regressed back to 0% or instantly be downed. DS is that strong. Nothing comes close to it.

• X_Scott
    X_Scott Member Posts: 137

It's completely out of the survivors hands whether a killer is going to camp or tunnel, and when they do, you're pretty much screwed that game. So what if DS isn't strictly used an anti tunnel perk? Why should survivors have to waste a perk slot just to counter something out of their control? It's fine as it is.

• ReviloDBD
    ReviloDBD Member Posts: 597
    edited December 2019

Thank you for the response, I would like to try both of those but I have never played Huntress or have her leveled unfortunately..however, Doc was my very first "Main" so I can probably give it a shot the way you suggested, that or Freddy maybe.. just because I'm pretty good with Freddy now and he has good map presence. But yeah the madness build on Doc sounds fun, I would like to try that slugging.

I thought maybe Ghostface, or Myers might have potential to be good as well, but I don't really play them too much. Hm. Edit: Spirit too I would imagine.. she's fast.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

I'm usually chill and never tunnel off the hook even in the extreme cases but if you hit me with DS I will tunnel you into the pavement. Head on's, Flashlight blinds that's fine but hit me with DS and I will spend the entire match putting you on the hook.

• ReviloDBD

Just wanted to give you an update.. I tried this build on Doc, even got him Caulphobia maxed which he didn't have.. anyways, at Rank 13-12 so far it's only been 4K's ... it's actually sort of nice because I don't actually pip half the time due to the sacrifice emblem being low... which means I don't have to go up against more difficult players and have to try harder.. but yeah so far it's been pretty fun, completely different playstyle than anything I've ever tried before and honestly the change of pace is pretty fun, out of like 6 games the best they did was get me down to 1 gen, but by then it was a 4K, all the rest were 4Ks with 3-5 gens left lol.

Oh wait, actually I did have a match, maybe it was my very first match? Where I faced 3 SWF and those 3 escaped, their timing was perfect so I had to ask if they were SWF and they said the 3 of them were. But yeah besides that it's been pretty consistent, fun, challenging, but not too difficult.

Although I'll admit I get 4K's easier on Freddy or Spirit at this Rank still... without a doubt, but this is a new fun playstyle I was happy to try! The survivors don't really know how to go up against it most of the time, either they have to spend their time picking up their teammates staying off of gens, or they get the gens but their teammates slowly die. And it's pretty easy to get 1-2 hits on people when they go in for the save, especially using shock therapy and caul.. must be pretty annoying to play against that's for sure lol

Anyways, thanks for the advice! That was fun man, made me get back into DBD again since I've been a lil bored of it lately besides challenges.

• ReviloDBD

Dude, this slug build is so addicting on Doctor.. literally can't stop playing, I'm now like on my 20th 4K streak in a row, and 0 pip each match... lol too much fun, fast games too, I feel bad and apologize to the survivors after every match and tell them I was testing a slug build. They always end up yelling at eachother in the lobby angry with one another.. I'm like, it's not your faults!!!

• OtakuFreak
    OtakuFreak Member Posts: 206

Half the survivor mains on this post

"jUsT dOnT tUnNeL 4hEaD!!!"

• ReviloDBD

yeah me 2, unfortunately I read up on some of the changes and.. well, I think that the changes are actually going to put doctor in a better place hopefully... but I have a feeling it's actually going to negatively impact this slugging build on him :(

Mainly because losing the tracking of passive screams with static field is going to be huge.

Honestly, as much as I think not having to switch stances with him and lose movement speed is going to be a huge buff in "kill" potential (chasing around loops and #########) if it works as planned, because then I can shock someone and prevent them from vaulting and hit them real quick "potentially" .. I do think that losing the passive ability to track survivors is going to be a noticeable nerf on him.. many doctor's rely pretty heavily on that and while I understand that it isn't necessary in order to find survivors, it sure does help.. so idk how I feel about it yet.