Gen regression perk idea.

Cnich65
Cnich65 Member Posts: 19
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

New to forums but have played DBD on and off for 2 hours on xbox. Had an idea for a perk and wanted to hear some feed back on it.

Hitting a gen with basic attack spawns a totem within 12 meters of gen.

The totem saps progress from gen at 0.1 per second(compared to 0.25 normal regression) until totem is destroyed(takes roughly 4 seconds to break). Survivor earns 25 blood points.

Survivors can't tell a gen is being sapped until they're working on it but can spot the totem before hand.

Has a cool down of 60-80 seconds roughly between spawns. Only 1 totem per gen.

Just a neat way to punish survivors trying to push for a certain gen you're protecting and could potentially be applied to multiple gens. Would require alot of testing and balancing naturally.

Let me know what you think.

EDIT 1: What if hitting a survivor spawned one randomly to a generator instead? This would reward chases and help your Gatekeeper emblem. Having survivors know the perk is active is still debatable since if someones getting downed, a survivor on a gen would have to decide:

1. Smash the gen out.

2. Go for save. Risking the perk to sap progress

3. Search for totem first, than save survivor wasting extra time if there wasn't a totem.

Post edited by Cnich65 on

Comments

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

It would be worthless. The totem would be found immediately, just as every other totem is now.

• Cnich65

Yeah but they'd also waste time breaking it when its possible to work through it at a slower rate. What if survivors didn't get a notification for it instead? It would regress just enough that a survivor wouldn't notice but end up wasting an extra 8 seconds on it

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110
    edited December 2019

I think you should go back to the drawing board with this one. 12 meters away from the gen is useless. It takes a matter of seconds to destroy a totem.

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266

Actually there are too much Gen slower perks, we dont need it any more

• Thanaphobia (4% slower for each injured Survivor)
    • Dying light (3% for each hook that not Obsession_
    • Pop goes weasel (25% total progressing on kick after a hook)
    • Over charge (extreme hard skill check, 5% regressing if fail)
    • Hex ruin

We need another Objective.

• Cnich65

Haha true we need another game mode in general.

Although most gen slow perks are rubbish in their own way but if they ever made a reliable one it would get nerfed immediately 😢

• Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180

Fun idea. The cool down is a bit much, but I like it

• Cnich65

I edited a change to the perk to make it pop more often and make it harder for a survivor to know what gen was affected.