Is there any real physical pain for the Survivors?

Options
BLUE_APE
BLUE_APE Member Posts: 282
edited August 2018 in Lore

Something i have been wondering is do the survivors actually feel the cuts, slashes, and beatings ect?

This is something I thought about after other question "Why don't the survivors fight back?" The devs answer was that they are in a nightmare world like state, like they want to do something but they have the mentality that they can't. If any survivors did fight back though I would say it would have been David King.
But then I thought how do survivors heal eachother without a med kit?
And other questions that I'm not willing to make a list of.

But I thought about the dream state part about my question and I thought about dreams I had with pain. I felt pain but i didn't, my brother told me the pain we feel in dreams might just be us remembering pain we felt in real life. Example: Like I get a scratch on back, then I have a dream where someone stabs my back with a knife, I think I'm feeling the knife go in back but I'm just remembering what that scratch on my back felt like.

So what I'm saying is if this world they are in is a dream like, perhaps they are not feeling the pain they should, they are just feeling pain they felt when the were awake. Like say Billy swings his hammer on someone's head, they are only remembering hitting their head on something and what it felt like, and so on with all the other stuff. And if this is a dream then the survivors being able to heal eachother is actually them wishing the could.

Though I guess the survivors who have been through a lot more then the others are still getting a bit flash back.

Comments

• BillCosby
    BillCosby Member Posts: 27
    Options

They do tend to scream a lot though

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

@BillCosby said:

Clearly you didn't put enough in the drinks.

• BillCosby
    BillCosby Member Posts: 27
    Options

@MegaWaffle said:

@BillCosby said:

Clearly you didn't put enough in the drinks.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• BLUE_APE
    Options

@BillCosby said:

Doesn't mean they are feeling the kinda pain they should be feeling.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Yes, there is. Benedict's journals explicitly say so.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172
    Options

If you were made immortal and stabbed a multiple times in a day the pain wouldn't become less painful but it would become more predictable and bearable. Since you know what to expect when getting stabbed you slowly become accustomed to the feeling and by default develop less reaction to the pain.

When you were a kid and you scrapped your knee and had to put peroxide on the cut you would cry or at the very least loudly protest. Now you as you grew up its no more than a "sting" at best. This example is on a far less drastic scale but hopefully gets the point accost.

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Those screams sound pretty real. If I was going to die, I kinda want to be suffocated by the Nurse. She's so gentle. :3

• AnIntellectualClone
    AnIntellectualClone Member Posts: 118
    Options

I sometimes wonder why if survivors are hit by killers in the back or their faces, they grab their sides, like if their guts were to spill out. I know I'm overthinking it, but well.

• BLUE_APE
    Options

@Eninya said:
    Those screams sound pretty real. If I was going to die, I kinda want to be suffocated by the Nurse. She's so gentle. :3

Everything seems real when your in a dream, and how else would you react to getting chased by a psycho

• BLUE_APE
    Options

@Orion said:
    Yes, there is. Benedict's journals explicitly say so.

Like I said though everthing seems real when your in a dream.