When starting a new account

Options

Hello Behavior Team.

Xbox live has game pass and with game pass there are a couple of new players trying the game out every couple of days or weeks. One common thing I've found with these new players is that they're completely unaware of the perk system or for that matter that they even have perks at all. While one might say... "ah yes. perks. how do i get those?" and then find out on their own either by looking it up or through trial and error I fear that many of these new gamepass drop-ins might just assume it's like call of duty or some other game where you start off with nothing and have to level.

I would like to propose that when selecting a character you haven't played before there should be one of those exclamation points that indicates that you have new items to look at as well as a notification when you try to join a match that lets you know you're attempting to join a match without any perks equipped.

I've provided a screenshot from the web with the exclamation point in question. It's over the blood web icon. I'm not entirely sure what the exclamation marker is supposed to mean for that blood web as once you've started one it doesn't change. maybe it means that you can now afford to buy a node or something. regardless i think it would make more sense for these to be a little bit more commonly used to indicate new features or unlocks within the landing screen. or for that matter exclusively used for when new perks and clothing is unlocked. (items and offerings are whatever.

Also! for the sake of removing clutter once a player has figured out the ropes there should be an option to turn off these marker highlights.

along that same train of thought... the tutorial only focuses on gameplay and not the actual menus. there should be a way to embed a video that showcases an average player making choices about how to customize a player that auto pops up whenever you first play the game. a sort of survivor how to or killer how to.

the reason I suggest a video is because people wont read anything that they can skip. also the video shouldn't be skip capable. it should be required before joining a match for the first time and only take 2 minutes or so.

These 3 things should help alleviate the new player disease that keeps occurring every few days where players appear to be trolling without perks.