Remove confusing vague language from perks and items (Please!)

Options

How many times has this happened to you:

You go to equip your favorite add-on for your item or power, and decide to check what it does because it's been a while. You check the description of the add-on and it tells you that it "Slightly increases" or "Considerably reduces" something, and you sit there thinking to yourself "How much is this actually going to change".

But of course, the only resource you can use to figure that out for yourself is the Dead by Daylight community wiki, which is absolutely atrocious for new players because it means unless they instinctively guess that just every game has a fan wiki, they're completely out of luck when trying to find things out for themselves.

Can you imagine if a flashlight battery said it "considerably increases your flashlights battery time"? It's pointless!

I don't want to have to have a second tab open any time I want to use an add-on just to know if its even worth using!

It's especially egregious with things like John's Medical File for The Pig where it offers a 50% reduction in her crouch time, but then has the absolutely mind boggling description of "slightly" reducing the crouch time.

So please, for the health of the new player experience and just to save all us veterans from having to break out our phones when choosing our perks, please give us the real numbers!

Comments

• Reznika
    Reznika Member Posts: 7
    Options

It's even MORE frustrating because survivor perks DO have the real numbers, but then you have Killer perks like Sloppy Butcher/Blood Hound, which still have the ever present Slightly/Moderately/Considerably tacked onto them instead of any actual useful information!

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited December 2019
    Options

I kinda agree because I like to calculate stuff, but remember that most people don't know how percentages work and don't realize the difference between basic concepts like time and speed. Just think of all the people that thought making Enduring going from "increasing recovering speed by 75%" to "reduce stun time by 50%" was a nerf. The vagueness is useful to avoid creating confusion in such people.

• Reznika
    Reznika Member Posts: 7
    Options

Then why the inconsistency? Every survivor perk shows percentages, meanwhile the add-on's and killer perks get the short end of the stick and are stuck with a horrible vague mess