DC = depip, AFK in-game. Problem solved!

Options
Tr0g
Tr0g Member Posts: 241
edited December 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

DCing is a serious problem that is ruining the game. Why do people DC? Ranks and rage! And lack of repercussions.

Solution:

• DC = automatically lose 1 pip (both killer and survivor)
  • Survivor DC = instead of disappearing, your character stays AFK in game, a free sacrifice for the killer. You cannot play this character again, not until it has been killed in-game OR until 10 minutes have passed.
  • Killer DC = survivors that are still alive keep their offerings and the items they started with, even if those ran out of charges.
  • DC = 0 bloodpoints (already in)
  • Repeatedly DC = banned from the game for 24h. Possible perma-ban for repeat offenders.

These changes are so trivial it's ridiculous they haven't been implemented yet. Please do it asap, DCing makes me not want to play as a survivor, and for killer's it's just frustrating, especially if you used high value addons/offerings.

The amount of legitimate DC's is probably 1% or less, 99% is just exploiting. The 1% will just have to suck it up, sorry. In these days of quality internet it barely happens.

Comments

• Timtom24
    Timtom24 Member Posts: 230
    Options

YES please that would be perfect .. i hate DC

i just loose my points and offerings in a way if they just disconnect. that would be the perfect solution (or make them not standing still and let them move arounds repairing generators (a bit more slowly) and let them struggle on the hook so that the other survivors get their team and helping points as well!

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited December 2019
    Options

Developers already discussed a husk-system some time ago. Basically the same as you suggest, where when someone disconnects, a husk would stay behind. Allowing everyone else to still interact with the disconnnected players. Hitting, hooking, unhooking, healing, farming protection hits, etc etc.

Unfortunately they suddenly went completely silent about the concept later.

• Tr0g
    Options

It needs to be combined with deranking and having your character locked until the husk is dead in game. A husk alone isn't good enough, sure it would compensate the killer, but still won't discourage DCing.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    Options

You do lose a pip when you DC or you are supposed too.

DC penalties are in the works and it will be done on a time basis which esculates. They were due to be tested but put off as there are there are issues in the game atm where some need to DC as they get stuck for example. These seem to not give the reasoning back to the game client for DCing so until that is sorted they delayed it so as not to punish for legit reasons.

The husk system should be coming once dedicated servers are working as intended and after the above is implemented so the AFK scenario is in the works.

Basically everything on your list is already in the works they just needs some kinks ironed out.

• Tr0g
    Options

I don't think you lose a pip when you DC. Otherwise, why would people DC so often at high ranks? It actually happens much less often at the lower ranks. There must be some benefit and while I don't see point of ranks in this game, many players are statwhores.

• twistedmonkey
    Options

A lot of players don't care about rank as it means nothing once you have done it for the achievement.

You used to lose two pips but it was so easy to derank so they changed it to one.

The real reason people dc is just because they can as right now without doing it a help of a lot it doesn't affect them.

• Tr0g
    Options

So why do they DC? They sacrifice their own bloodpoints so the killer gets less? I don't get it.

A standard 30 minute temp ban for every DC should fix it. After all, you should be sorting out your "internet issues" right?

• twistedmonkey
    edited December 2019
    Options

There are many reasons but like I said just because they can.

Timeouts are coming and were due to be tested but as I said they aren't ready as yet and false timeouts would happen.

You want to punish those that dc just cause they can but not that need too due to the game itself.

Read up on what is coming, dc timeouts which escalate for everyone done in a time period. If one member of an swf party dc's they are all affected by the timeout.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

I believe I saw Peanits comment on it quite recently, saying that the husks won't be implemented along with the new DC Penalty system, but the mechanic is still being worked on and should be added to the game a bit further down the line.

• Psypho_Diaz
    Psypho_Diaz Member Posts: 185
    Options

Some people DC to derank so messing with their rank more wouldn't stop it but keeping them from playing that character until match is over would probably make minimal affect as well.

Nothing will stop people from committing suicide on their first hook. Quitters are quitters just like stupid is as stupid does.

I agree on DCing as annoying but they will find away, trust me.