Give us a chance to earn the exclusive cosmetics

Options

I know that giving away the exclusive cosmetics to new players caused an issue, I get that old player's felt that as unfair since they earned those cosmetics, thus making the devs reconsider their decision. I think they made a good call there but I also think they should consider other ways to make everyone happy by this I mean creating a way to earn those cosmetics for new players (by being able to earn them in their respective events or battle pass) that way each new player and old players (who couldnt earn it at the time) have the same chance others players had. That way players, who rightfully earned their cosmetics, dont feel bad about their effort in the game. Another option is being able to purchase those cosmetics in store just like the halloween ones, which can also be earned at the event but were available in store and players who put the effort on earning it didnt complain since the ones who didnt want to put effort on it chose to spend money on it and not getting them for free, throwing away all the effort other put on it

(Sorry if this appears twice, I lost track of the previous one)

Comments

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

As an "old player", I would be perfectly fine with having the cosmetics return and be earnable once a year during seasonal events, similarly to how last year's Hallowed Blight skins could be unlocked for serum this year. However, that would only work if they actually did the events again, which might happen with the Lunar New Year, but the Summer BBQ in particular is looking like it might have been a one-time thing.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 637
    Options

I would also be ok with the idea by earning the cosmetics. The thing is I dont think the year of the hound will come back soon. The summer event seemed like a one time thing. it was a total desaster back then. The events were really bad where you could get the cosmetics. Idk about bringing them up again. I also wouldnt mind if the cosmetics stay exclusive in the sake of the word "exclusive"

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

Fair point about the hound. Maybe in another ten years? šŸ˜‹

I feel like it would be pretty cool if the Huntress got a new themed animal mask every Lunar New Year, though. Or maybe the Trapper or Oni or even Legion some years, if we want to keep the cosmetic distribution a bit more even.

• T2K
    T2K Member Posts: 637
    Options

Tbh I dont think new players will even miss these cosmetics. They are only cool because they are exclusive. There are 10 better huntress masks. But 10 years sound reasonable xD.

Maybe they really plan to do so. I was kinda shocked that she got another new year cosmetic 2019. Cant wait for the winter event cosmetic *.* she looks like a mad rudolf :D

Yeah sounds good. Well I play legion not that often but susies' sweater was a no brainer to get xD Im always hyped for new awesome cosmetics ā™”

• PigNRun
    PigNRun Member Posts: 2,428
    Options

I mean, I would be fine if they added them to the store for shards or auric cells only. The former being consistent with what they have been doing with Moonrise and Blight ones. And we all know how much they care about consistency.

• Muzxiel
    Muzxiel Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2019
    Options

About the hound mask, maybe they could put it on the store and only be able to purchase with the points you earn at the event, after the event they could remove it to make it a "once a year" thing and keeping some of the exclusivity to it

For the Summer BBQ, they have to put it again but if they dont want that or think it wasnt that great then they still have the battle pass (which will still make those cosmetics sort of special) or simply put it on the store

Post edited by Muzxiel on