Leatherface Power Rework Suggestion - Chainsaw Galore

Options
A_Can_Of_Air
A_Can_Of_Air Member Posts: 2,015
edited December 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

So I’ve been thinking recently about Leatherface and how sad his situation is. While his power is theoretically powerful, in practice it is one of the most boring powers in the game. Aside from being able to hit multiple survivors in one use, it is almost the exact same as the Hillbillies power but watered down with a new skin. 

Then a lightbulb went off. Leatherface is known for his frantic chainsaw chasing and his barbaric, frantic nature. I believe there is a way to make his power more unique and fun while making him stronger and scarier to face, while still offering some form of counter-play. 

This idea is pretty rough but I will try and put down as much detail as I can to paint a picture of what I’m envisioning. 

BUBBA’S CHAINSAW 

An incredibly powerful and heavy Chainsaw which sank its teeth into countless victims. A suitable birthday gift for The Cannibal. 

• Start a timed sweeping attack on activation. The Cannibal will swipe the Chainsaw 6 times before going into a short cooldown.
  • Can hit multiple survivors multiple times in one Chainsaw charge.
  • 4 Hits are required to place a survivor into the dying state. 
  • Each successful Chainsaw hit on any survivor will grant The Cannibal one Tantrum stack. 
  • A basic attack will grant The Cannibal 1 Tantrum stack. 
  • When The Cannibal has obtained 4 stacks of Tantrum, the next successful Chainsaw hit will immediately down a survivor. 
  • While a survivor is hooked, The Cannibal will passively build Tantrum stacks while standing outside of the hooks radius (24 meters) 
  • If The Cannibal is pallet stunned while holding at least 2 stacks of Tantrum, both stacks will be consumed and the pallet will be destroyed instantly. If The Cannibal is holding 4 stacks of Tantrum, all 4 stacks will be consumed and the pallet will be instantly destroyed with a greatly reduced stun duration. 

NOTES:

• The Cannibal will move at 130% speed during his sweeping Chainsaw attack and will not grant survivors a speed boost when hitting them (unless it is a basic attack). He moves at 110% outside of his power (this is to balance out his chainsaw being a killing tool but 115% is a possibility depending on how his power were to play out during testing).
  • The charge time for the sweeping attack will be 0.8 seconds at base.  
  • The speed increase removal (or reduction) is so that hitting survivors multiple times during one usage is more realistic. Taking away (or weakening) the speed boost will help with this. Requiring four strikes during the sweep ensures that survivors have time to at least reach a vault/pallet before suffering too many strikes. The charge time factors into this. If it took too long to charge, survivors would likely be able to drop a pallet or vault before he is able to at least land one strike. 
  • Basic attacks will only grant one stack of Tantrum as you are encourage to hit survivors with the chainsaw and not basic attacks, but you are still compensated in some way if a basic attack would be faster than charging your chainsaw or would ultimately be the best choice in whatever scenario it is required in. 
  • Having hooked survivors generate Tantrum stacks will force survivor to rescue their teammates as fast as possible to prevent feeding The Cannibal his power. Meaning survivors cannot just wait for a large portion of the hooks duration to do a gen, otherwise they risk giving The Cannibal a free insta down. 
  • I wanted to incorporate the relation of hooks to The Cannibal by giving them an extra mechanic unique to him. Passive generation of Tantrum stacks only works past a certain distance so that it cannot be abused to gain free insta downs while camping.
  • The Cannibal is not stunned when bumping into objects, but can still be pallet stunned. 
  • The idea of having stacks interact with pallets and looping I feel is a great trade off for an insta down since almost everything The Cannibal does will generate stacks regardless (Chainsaw, basic attacks, hook stack generation). It means that being stunned by pallets will not be as much of a threat since he will naturally be able to deal with them via his stacks. In terms of using this with Enduring and Spirit Fury, Enduring would not stack with the inbuilt effect when at four stacks. I don’t believe taking these two perks would add much more value than not taking them. 
  • Having stacks work for both looping and insta downs allows for his power to be versatile. 
  • With his chainsaw allowing him to move so fast with little charge time, using it during loops should be fairly easy, but with the 4 hit requirement of the chainsaw, survivor should still be able to close enough distance before being fully downed, unless they are caught out of position. 130% might even be too slow but it seems like a solid number. Too slow for a loop is what I’m referring to. 
  • Getting all four Tantum stacks and using it for an insta down should feel fun and rewarding. Survivors should still have some form of counterplay through vaulting and pallet dropping, but stunning The Cannibal will naturally be more punishing than with normal Killers. 

ADD-ONS 

Add-ons of common rarity up to very rare will consist of effects that:

• Increase movement speed during the Chainsaw sweep 
  • Generate stacks at a faster rate when someone is hooked 
  • Decrease the charge time of the Chainsaw 
  • Add status effects to Chainsaw hits 
  • The further you are from the hook the faster the Tantrum stack generation 
  • Two add-ons that give him an extra sweep during his Chainsaw sweep, with the higher rarity making the last sweep come faster than the previous one. 

Ultra Rare Add-ons 

• Tantrum Stacks can now be consumed to increase vault speed by 30%. One vault will consume one Tantrum stack. 
  • When at 4 stack of Tantrum, The Cannibal will instead attack in a circular AoE around him with his chainsaw instead of directly in front of him. Movement speed reduced to 125% during the Chainsaw sweep. 

This is ultimately a rough idea, no exact values, details or numbers are set in stone and this could all easily be adjusted but it’s basically what I believe would be a much more interactive and unique power for a killer who really deserves it. I implore you to really look into the details of this power instead of jumping to a conclusion and try and see the vision that I’ve come up with for what his power could be. At the end of the day, anything other than what he has now would be an upgrade in my eyes. He deserves more than what he has.