Dark sense challenge omg

omg how can i finish this challenge as a solo survivor? it's impossible to touch 4 gens and get all of them repaired as a solo survivor. i need to have luck and maybe get a farm killer. even there its difficult to get 4 gens lol.

reduce challenge to max 3 gens, already that is enough hard.

Comments

• ruler33
    ruler33 Member Posts: 244

you could try getting people together then have every one 99 there gen as you finish them all but as solo i honestly don't know how you would do this you would have to hope you get a three man that all like to bully the killer while you bust out gens asap

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

Maybe I was one of the lucky ones but I did this challenge on my very first attempt (PS4) on a rank 6 game against a Freddy.

I do not know if this challenge is difficult because I just used Bond to make sure I was always working on a generator that had someone else on it.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Yeah i cannot understand how to put up such a challenge. It was already more luck than anything to do the 3 gen challenge, where I only happened to do after someone got chased the entire game for another challenge. Now its pretty impossible to finish 4 gens, cause normally at leat one gen pops the exact same time as your own, which forces you to finish every other gen. But there are several accoasions where you arent able to complete them, so its nearly impossible. I just tried it some times yesterday but every time other survs just pushed through their gens while i was on the hook, in a chase or had to rescue a teammate, which failed my challenge. And this will probably go on for eternity, cause i cant control how the game proceeds. Also if i tell my teammates to not fnish gens, they just wont wait. The second thing about this challenge that it blocks further challenges. I consider this challenge the only issue on survivor side. If it was at the end, no probs, cause you could still do the other challenges, but now it just blocks me from any further progression, thus i dont play killer ones, cause of low rank and hours of queue times for a single trial.

@Peanits: Pls before you go on vacations, fix this challenge. Its just another rng-based one.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

It's perfect! Now I can take advantage of those games where no one but me wants to touch gens!

*cough* please do gens when I'm being chased *cough*

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Pray you find a nice killer that will let you farm?

Wait until you get two survivors dc and then offer your addon to the killer as a peace offering?

That has helped me (rarely) in the past.

It may just so happen your killer wants to farm in order to do their challenges. Like several Legions I’ve faced who needed to slash survivors over 20 times.

I don’t think I’ll be able to get 6 great skill checks for one of the challenges. Heck, I completely skipped the flashlight save challenge because it just caused me to waste flashlights ;_;

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

I got it done pretty easily after a couple tries (puts a crimp in things if the killer chases you early).

Just run Bond as well and look for people working on gens, then go 'help' them. If you know multiple people are working on gens prioritize the one that is likely to be done first and be there, then move on to the next.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,970
    edited December 2019

honestly just run a full gen rush build with dark sense I'm talking the purple toolbox with a prove thyself

• dfrenchiee
    dfrenchiee Member Posts: 334

I did this on my first try. Bring Bond when you do it, It's really helpful.

• Supernaut
    Supernaut Member Posts: 1,532

Yarp, in the first try club!

Bond, prove thyself and Sprint burst really helped along with double speed add-ons for the toolkit! Just be sure to pick who you help carefully!

Good luck!

• sanki
    sanki Member Posts: 261

Shh, don't tell them. Or they will finish all the challenge.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

So and what do i do if i get chased, be on the hook or have to unhook someone else? there are just too many occasions that interfere with this challenge, thats its allmost pure rng.

• senki527
    senki527 Member Posts: 275

i only completed the challenge by now, because the killer was so nice and let me farm

• LaughingFox
    LaughingFox Member Posts: 43

Play Dwight. Bond + Prove Thyself makes finding gens people are on easy and you pop them quickly so you can move on to the next before another gen pops. This challenge does require some luck, but with the right perks it's not all that bad.

• foochill1
    foochill1 Member Posts: 109

What? World HEAVY WEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD???!! I CAN NEVER BECOME THAT ITS TOO HARD, is that what Ali thought when confronted with a tough challenge???? There's actual DIFFICULT things in life to complain about and you choose to do it in a game that's "TOO HARD". Weak weak weak. go do the fortnite challenges if you cant handle this

• Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 227

Challenge is honestly as bad as the 4 in the basement challenge.

• malloymk
    malloymk Member Posts: 1,553

It tool me two games as a solo to complete it.

• Iron
    Iron Member Posts: 241

Rank 4 and I got it last night after probably 6-7 games, 3 of the other games I did 3 of them. It's fine, they are challenges, be challenged and get through it.

• dianaburse1
    dianaburse1 Member Posts: 17

I agree or remove it from having to do all 4 gens in 1 game if your a solo player are you supposed to run around the map and plead with the killer to let you finish all gens and ask the other suvivors to not finish the gen til you get there OMG

• dianaburse1
  • dianaburse1

Look who's getting mad they are right if you solo it's even harder plus just as bad or worse for killer

• dianaburse1

To get the great skillchecks challenge you have to run this is not happening here's a tip also run no mither ds and saboteur that's what I did or instead of saboteur run resilience I hope that helps

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Thank you Peanits.

I was worried I would have to be the millionth person to tell someone this. But now I can just copypasta your response if it ever comes to that.

• NamesCris
    NamesCris Member Posts: 30
    edited December 2019

Key with addon that sees survivor auras, empathy, sprint burst, prove thyself and dark sense. Easy challenge

• The_Second_Coming
    The_Second_Coming Member Posts: 1,110

Pretty much what others are saying. Equip bond. Also, if you have a map offering for The Game, it's arguable the smallest map in terms of end to end surface area, and makes it easier to use Bond.

• kid187em
    kid187em Member Posts: 102

Use Tapps perk that makes good skill checks great skill checks. You don't have to be injured to get the great skill checks to count. That challenge is really easy if you don't over think it. The 4 gen challenge is completely luck based bs. Usually 3 gens pop at the exact same time and even running bond doesn't help if two people are running gens at the same time on opposite sides of the map. Not to mention getting chased even once makes it impossible. It promotes crappy play because i won't leave a gen to save someone on the hook now because i have to be on 4 of the 5 gens when they finish. Really need to rethink this challenge, 3 was hard enough but 4 is way to excessive and promotes toxic game play.

• Toasty
    Toasty Member Posts: 3

Best thing to do is forget altruism and go full-on gen jockey :)

• King9971
    King9971 Member Posts: 14

You can try using Better Together and/or Bond to coordinate with randos to get the gens done. You can also run prove myself to make the generator get done even faster. And if you keep getting found on or near gens, dark sense combined with poised can allow you to escape the killer without being seen. Its hard, but with the right perks, you can do it.

• Skele1925
    Skele1925 Member Posts: 4

What I do when there is a challenge that is taking too long or seems very difficult is ask the killer or survivors. Usually they accepted in exchange that I help with their challenges.

• lewis
    lewis Member Posts: 63

i managed to get it done 1st game.

luckily for me I got a facecamping hillbilly, unlucky for two of my teammates though :/

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

Thanks, I didn’t know a perk as that existed. I guess I’ll level him up as soon as I finish with my baby Dwight.

<3

• MissKitty95
    MissKitty95 Member Posts: 786

I tried for a whole day hadn’t no hope then 2 ppl dcd killer farmed I got the challenge done lol or I would still have it to this moment

• Sillyzombie666
    Sillyzombie666 Member Posts: 22

So yeah this is very hard but it is doable both times I did it was when i was solo, and yes i said both times. The first time i did it i had forgotten to select it and then the second round i had to pretty much carry the team. I was even trying to get it with a friend but tuat was just as hard, it needs to be done with 3 friends or a ######### team and a killer that leaves you alone

• PalletOrWhat
    PalletOrWhat Member Posts: 265

It's very simple. Equip your survivor with Bond. Walk/run around the map and touch a gen where someone is already working. I think that's it. I got it on my first try. Popped like 3 gens (working with others), but touched like 5.

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328
  • Timmylaw
    Timmylaw Member Posts: 227

No way to complete it when survivors dc every time 3 are in the basement

• Perelie
    Perelie Member Posts: 433

The challenge is bugged and doesn't even accept it when you complete it. Hope they fix that.

• Jukenobi
    Jukenobi Member Posts: 301

I did the challenge on my Third try. Run bond, or any Aura perk that helps you see survivors and what they are working on. You don't need to be in Four places at the same time. And lets be realistic, you are not going to have 4 survivors on all those gens completing them at the exact same time. 

• DwightOP
    DwightOP Member Posts: 2,328

Dgeeg you are so lost. U can't see how this is luck based can you?

• ZoneDymo
    ZoneDymo Member Posts: 1,946

honestly reaaaally not that hard, just change where your priorities lie, make sure you are present at 4 gens getting finished above ALL else and you get it.

I literally did it on my first attempt

• Jukenobi
    Jukenobi Member Posts: 301

What exactly am I lost on? No need to get upset about it. I was just making a suggestion on how to make it easier on yourself. Prioritize gens, be aware of where and what your teammates are doing and you should be able to complete it in no time. You don't need to do it start to finish, just have to be there to get the completion. Getting a few friends together can also make it a bit easier as you can coordinate your gen completions. Good luck on your journey!

• kid187em
    kid187em Member Posts: 102

So last night i got the first 3 gens then got caught by the killer and got camped till the second stage then tunneled off the hook. I was so defeated i just about gave up on this challenge. Lucky for me a few matches later i went into a match with an AFK killer and got to do all 5 gens lol. So all you need is an AFK killer and you're good....😂

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238

Its impossible!😡😡😡

• VESSEL
    VESSEL Member Posts: 1,068

I put "Dark Sense Ritual" as my name for the first match and I got these awesome 3 survivors who left gens at basically 90%. I love them forever <3. Similarly, I pointed at a pallet against a Myers, and he knew what I was doing and let me stun him 4 times. Sometimes this community is #########, but it's moments like those that make me have faith in humanity

• DarkPit
    DarkPit Member Posts: 87

Ive achieved this challenge in my 3rd game attempting it after i completed every other challenge. Therefore i used bond prove thyself better together and dark sense and found a michael who was so bad at looping i sat on EVERY of the 5 gens when they got completed and everyone got out. Id advise you to do this challenge last cause then you dont have any pressure and hope to get a lucky game. And no i wasnt a blendette crounching everywhere,i just didnt meet the killer thw whole game