2»

Comments

• Leobolics
    Leobolics Member Posts: 28
    Options
  • SleepyWillo
    SleepyWillo Member Posts: 2,197
    Options

What I stated is exactly how the system is currently designed to operate (with the exception for the fact it has been disabled over the Christmas break to enable faster matchmaking).

Once again, I am not saying that I believe it is a perfect system. I am merely outlining how the system is designed to operate, which is currently +/- 6 ranks.

• DanteMorello
    DanteMorello Member Posts: 142
    Options

"I don't understand the game mechanics well, and I dunt get 4K in all my games. Must be the Game's fault, let's pointlessly rant in a forum to an extent that it spams people's Google news feed!!!1!11"

Well at high ranks suspected SWF I see survivors outplay me a lot though.

The difference is I don't blame the game because I know and saw there are Killer players out there who manage to do it a lot better.

• leslie4445
    leslie4445 Member Posts: 44
    Options

Wish i was pretending but yes. I may have exaggerated cuz thats how it feels .. im not the best at killer and with how the rank system is currently it makes me feel like im going up against 1000+ hr swf constantly. Does that sound like bs to you still? Whats bs is getting in lobbies against ppl who obviously have more skill and hrs put into this crappy game.

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

I played early today (sat, approximately 2-3pm EST) and I was a rank 16 killer with 3 rank 3's and one rank 15. I was then berated as being "BAD" because I wasn't in the mood to kill as all i wanted was one kill for tome progression, plus to me it's still near enough to christmas that I wanted to give. along with the double blood points. I didn't tunnel, I didn't camp, I got 3 stacks of bbq that match but waited to the end to kill the obsession.. and i'm BAD at this game because 3 rank 3's went against a rank 16 killer??? the match making should have been fixed but it has not been fixed or the fix was removed. right now it is matching to anyone that is +/- 6 that is in the group. i've had random rank 7's in my rank 16 lobby today as well and they were solo queue, though this one was not nasty about it.

The ranks in the lobby were a mistake to be seen. especially if the KILLER can not see them AS WELL. if the survivors see them then the killer needs to see them as well. WHY you ask? well simple if I was a rank 16 going into a lobby with 3 rank 3's and one rank 15 i'd dodge it in a HEART BEAT! I'm not the best killer in the game, nor the best survivor in the game but I can do fairly well when I'm not facing people that are that much better than I. think what is happening to rank 17-20's as the new players are not getting lobbies as killers because no one can derank below 16, and it's hard to match up to anyone 2-4 ranks higher at a minimum.

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312
    edited January 2020
    Options

You're own challenges contradict your argument. Imagine trying to play solo with everyone using no perks or no mither. 🤣

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506
    edited January 2020
    Options

Let me say this for the hundredth time.

THERE IS NO RANKED MODE.

THERE IS NO RANK.

THERE IS NO REWARD OR SEASON.

YOUR "RANK" IS A MATCHMAKING TOOL. THATS IT.

It was a mistake to show rank because of THIS #########. Because it doesnt actually represent anything.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523
    Options

Kill Your Friends should allow you to gain bloodpoints then if people are not allowed to play with friends.

• Revansith
    Revansith Member Posts: 367
    edited January 2020
    Options

You do get achieves I think for reaching Rank 10, 5 and 1. The method used by the game involves emblems which score between 1 and 4 points per emblem. With the revised rank reset (or if you like the indicator that determines what color crest you are) dropping four ranks into one, it makes it nigh impossible for new players to get a fair chance to learn. Of course new players can make friends, play SWF to be carried thru a trial or even practice on KYF.

But if the matter is ranks are only used for matchmaking then they need to be removed along with pips and emblems. As I have said before, why not have five colors and let the game move you into a higher color when you are good enough. It would avoid the depping that is prevalent. Since ranks are not shown in lobbies to survivors I have no idea who is in my group. I would argue if they were all gray ranks, I would probably play defensively and take less risks, but since I dont know I cant modify my game till the match is in progress.

• Fleece
    Fleece Member Posts: 253
    Options

Rated G for groovy

• Freki
    Freki Member Posts: 1,903
    Options

Thing is KYF (kill your friends) doesn't count for your ranks, and you do SEE their ranks in KYF as it matters not. In a random match, you should not see what ranks they are, and if you think you should see what your fellow survivors are then the killer should also see, and you should see the killer's rank (though not 100% sure about that because it can lead to toxic behavior on the part of others towards the others! thus why I say no one should see anyone else's rank unless they are in the initial SWF or KYF lobbies where people know you already.

We need to stop demanding things of the devs in these forums and submitting ideas through proper routes. without true control these ideas become a battle between those that want them and those that do not want them and that makes these forums toxic. Come on people. To know someone's rank is not a reason to LEAVE a lobby, if anything with a large discrepancy you have a good chance of a lower ranked killer and thus could help you increase your rank! or it could get a higher ranked killer than the others and that makes it possible you'll be screwed. honestly that's the same as if you didn't know what ranks were there.