Balancing

Options

This is just me being curious. Came to mind so thought I'd bring it up to the rest of you.

Since there is only one killer and four survivors in a trail, why is it that the devs try to balace both parties?

Because when playing killer, you are going up against 4 other players who have the same "balanced" capabilties.

(And some might argue even better.)

I mean in that sense, shouldn't the killer have the upperhand? Isn't it unbalanced the way it is currently?

Just speculation. I would like to know other opinions and thoughts about this.

Comments

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

Off topic, which slayer are you; Buffy, Kendra, Faith?

On topic; Devs balance killer vs survivors as a group. From what I understand, if a killer often gets 2 kills and has 2 survivors survive, they consider that “Balanced”.

Don’t quote me on that.

• TheVampyreSlayer
    TheVampyreSlayer Member Posts: 21
    Options

Haha Buffy of course! ;)

And ah I see. I was just thinking all the perks and items survivors have doesn't really equal what the killer has. For example, take the new Dying Light perk.

Yes, it slows the game down, but it also gives the obession a speed boost. And the killer has to work for it. But survivors can bring really good toolboxes to be even faster on gens and the killer can't do anything about it. Some things just don't make sense or need to be looked at again.

Also I believe maps should be smaller. They are too big for a killer who goes normal speed.

Just my two cents.