Will you buy the next Premium pass?

Dr_Loomis
Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
edited December 2019 in General Discussions

Just completed the first Tome, all challenges levels 1-4.

Are you planning on buying the next Premium pass?

I personally think the majority of unlockables were pointless. I didn't like any of the charms except the Trapper's trap which is authentic. The majority of the other charms where just cack.

The Trapper mask was a good cosmetic, but that aside, pretty meh.

I also found some of the challenges irritating, but that was was usually down to the potatoness/saltanomics of some of the fellow players.

Personally. I'm not buying it again. I spend waaaaay too much time already on DBD. I spent all the accumulated cells on cosmetics too.

Comments

• Witas
    Witas Member Posts: 477

I'll get it unless they don't reduce the grind, which I think is pretty unlikely, with how much feedback they've gotten on that.

• Scorp721
    Scorp721 Member Posts: 47

Didn't get the first one not gonna get this one. Hell I still can't make progress on the pallet drop challenge its stuck at 11/15. Posted about it and they've still not responded to me yet. Ended up having to do some killer challenges and go around it.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

I'm gonna buy it if I reach level 70 and I'm sure to get everything back, exactly how I will do for Tome 1.

• Dr_Loomis

It's highly satisfying completing a challenge, especially a hard one, but to be honest I feel sooooo much more relaxed playing non-challenge. Have more fun. No pressure. Just have a game and beer.

I will probably see the new Premium cosmetics and think: "That look quality." but at the end of the day, I'm not going CONSOOM. I play for fun.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

Way too early to say, i gotta see what's on the Rift first.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

I might but I'll definitely wait and see. This one wasn't too satisfying but the next could be better.

• IceCreamPrincess
    IceCreamPrincess Member Posts: 226

In all likelyhoods yeah i am. Almost finished this rift and ive liked pretty much everything in it (minus a few charms here and there). From what i see if getting the rifts means that the devs are more incentivised to make more archives too, I'll keep getting rifts because i absolutely love the archives

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342

I enjoyed the challenges, and I love collecting things even if I'm never going to use them. I'll do the same thing I did this time - aim for tier 70, and if I make it, which I probably will, I'll happily buy the premium.

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924

I got a ton of cosmetics and my auric cells back, so why not just recycle those 1k on every tome

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555

damn you did all the challenges of the level 4 already ?!

Personally i liked a lot all the cosmetics i got, and the next one will be kinda free since you get 1000AC during the premium pass

Also i think even if some of the challenges were annoying, some were interesting and fun (like the This Is Not Happening one, very fun builds to do with it), and they will probably change it to be funnier

Dont forget this was only the first one, we all know how each new thing in the game is, give them time and it will be better

• Dr_Loomis

Yeah I have 😀 there is all Christmas baking going on downstairs and I am banished to my bedroom. Just spent the weekend doing the challenges.

I actually play better after a few beers. Can't beat a bit of daytime drinking *coughs in clown*

• Dr_Loomis

Still at 65, 5 more tiers to go. But all challenges done.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

I will, as will I do the rest

• joker7997
    joker7997 Member Posts: 899

Most definitely, yes

• Dr_Loomis

Sadly I haven't got the time.

I have commitments and I write, clearing these challenges can take up a large amount of free time.

I love horror, but have never been a fan of timed passes.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883
    edited December 2019

Nope. Also them counting rift progress before it was even out was just a marketing tactic. The following rift will take a few weeks longer to complete then this one

• Jasonsfar
    Jasonsfar Member Posts: 69

Im gonna wait til i complete the 70 tiers if i do that then i Will buy it, i did it with the frist one

• aregularplayer
    aregularplayer Member Posts: 906

I don't think so...

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

Yes, if I will reach at least to the tier where I won't lose any cells.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899

Probably not. I don't have enough time to reach tier 70 (even if I completed all challenges). Problem with battlepasses in every game is that they require so much time investment that most people just don't have.

• Heartbound
    Heartbound Member Posts: 3,255
    edited December 2019

Even if I bought it I wouldn't have enough time to complete and get the rewards. The only things I'm missing are the trapper weapon, a Claudette head and a gear thing so I think I'll live.

I like the concept but I just don't play enough. I have really limited free time.

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

If its your thing go for it, but I have never bought any form of "battle pass' from any game and do not intend to do so in the future.

If the item I want is available for direct purchase (and I can afford it/its reasonably priced) I might buy it but never will I pay for a bunch of stuff I don't need to get something I want.

• BDS22
    BDS22 Member Posts: 146

Yeah, I'll probably skip it. I bought the first pass and kinda regret it, takes long to level up in the rift and the challenges were more annoying than fun for me. If the next set of challenges are fun for the next rift I may consider getting the premium pass again, but I highly doubt it.

• LegionOfDumb
    LegionOfDumb Member Posts: 623

Depends on what's on the next rift. The charms were all negligible for me, all the new cosmetics looked good, the only recolor I didn't like was Meg's hair (cause I hate that haircut regardless), and getting access to those stories were pretty cool.

• Dr_Loomis

Agreed 100%.

If these passes weren't time I would possibly buy so I can play at my leisure.

But unfortunately the nature of these passes and events aren't always compatible with casual gamers/people with other interests and responsibilities.

• BDS22
    BDS22 Member Posts: 146

I forgot to mention the charms, there were way too many and most of them were just duplicate recolors.... Charms are cool for killers because you can actually see them on the hooks but hard to notice on survivors so hopefully they calm down with the charms and put most the charms in the free section and not the premium pass. I just don't think any charms should be bought with money, they just do very little for the game.

• Daddy_Doctor
    Daddy_Doctor Member Posts: 158

I’m gonna hold off purchasing the next premium pass. I didn’t think I’d have enough time to get to 70 so played more and kinda burned out. I got to 70 with 24 days remaining, so will see how far I get playing as I would normally and if it’s worth it I’ll buy it. It also depends what’s on the rift too, charms I don’t really care for and there was a lot of recolours.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

I won't I'll invest into another indie game for lobby que times instead.

I regret this one, but wanted the Wraith Wrapon, Huntress Weapon, Trappet Outfit, and the Technician Charm.

• Pigpen
    Pigpen Member Posts: 58

Maybe, I don't know. Getting to 70 was such a grind I don't really want to go through that again. Some of the rift rewards were cool, but the time investment is just too much. Even after completing all of the challenges (Levels 1-4) you're still only around half way to tier 70.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,161

If it gives back the auric cells spent on it, and if I manage to reach the highest tier, then yes, I will buy the next premium pass.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I will, I will probably buy every dbd pass.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

I didn't buy the first one. I doubt I'll buy the second.

• Mrwood204
    Mrwood204 Member Posts: 226

Really depends on what the rewards are. I managed to get to 70 on this one so purchased it anyways. It will probably be a wait and see process for the next one as well, if it follows the similar rules for this one.

• Kurrmiu
    Kurrmiu Member Posts: 23

Not sure yet, probably depends on the rewards/cosmetics available. The current rift got me into playing killer, so that was neat.

Had a few painful experiences as a new player trying killer out, seriously considered never playing killer again :D but the BP rewards were too good to pass up on

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829

I'll buy it when I hit tier 70 so I get my auric cells back.

• MiniPixels
    MiniPixels Member Posts: 536

Considering it will be free since I earned all my money back, yes I will.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Absolutely not lol. Complete waste of money.

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

I didn't buy this one and I'm certainly not buying the next or the next one after that.

• VoodooChild
    VoodooChild Member Posts: 319

Havent even brought the current one yet and wont buy it if I cant reach tier 70. I wouldn't have waited to buy It at all but the rewards are pretty meh. It felt like a lot of leftovers, they came out with good skins that were themed and should have been no brainers for the pass, Legion janes and davids day of the dead outfits, or dwights elf costume. Or since the tome was all about Claudette and Trapper maybe a bunch of cosmetics for them but it really feels like just a bunch of random stuff people probably wouldn't buy alone. I cant think of one think I really want from it

Hopefully they make a better one next time and also better less frustrating rng challenges. Or even none of those, that would be great

• John_Doe
    John_Doe Member Posts: 236

Nope I thought legion would always be my worst purchase on this game but the rift takes that spot.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

The rewards were disappointing, especially the free track. They need to add more stuff, even small bundles of bloodpoints, offerings, items, etc. And I can't find the post, but what's the official position on the items in the premium track? Are they forever exclusives or will they return?

• ThisGuuy83
    ThisGuuy83 Member Posts: 1,303
  • thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

I only bought this one for the Nurse cosmetic, and only after I got far enough in the Rift to unlock it right away after buying it. Now I'm on tier 62 ish, so I basically got my money back minus a dollar, though I expect I could finish the Rift before the next one.

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,522

Probably not unless BHVR is honest about how long it will take to get all 70 levels, did they ever correct their 70 hours joke?

• tetsuo
    tetsuo Member Posts: 151

It depends of the rewards

• BloodyNights
    BloodyNights Member Posts: 526

When I was playing I wasn't making any progress on the get Iridescent Emblems. I switched the challenge to something else and then switched it back, and it started working like normal again.

• chococri
    chococri Member Posts: 355

I found the rewards pretty lame and whack. Devs need to improve them in my honest opinion. As a concept artist and experimented player on battle pass in different games, I have a bunch of ideas!

At least I hope they don't rise the grind like other battle passes...

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

If the things on the Rift are worthwhile I'll get it I got this one because it was the first one even though I don't really get anything worthwhile out of it

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,079

Yeah, got to Tier 70, so got all my Auric Cells back. Those will be used for the next Rift Pass.

• Vampirox
    Vampirox Member Posts: 411

I probably will, I casually played this game and reached tier 70 yesterday and there is 16 days left. My only issue is the skins really arnt that great for a battle pass sadly. there gonna have to up there game.