Survivor Offering: Surviving more hooks for all. (UPDATED+)

Options
Cixon
Cixon Member Posts: 133
edited December 2019 in Creations
Name: DARK SAVIOR

Bloodweb spawn rate: 6% chance x 1% chance

Very Rare (one state) x Ultra Rare (two states)

Price: 10,000 BP

Description: A sacred admirer is rooting for your success in the fog. This opportunity can only come once every other lifetime. Use it wisely.

• Call upon entity to empower all survivors to survive through one x two more hook states for one trial.
  • Once sacrificing this offering, all survivors must complete one additional generator.

DOES NOT STACK.

Post edited by Cixon on

Comments

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    Options

??....

• Raven014
    Raven014 Member Posts: 4,188
    Options

Why would this be a survivor offering? This is basically a yellow oak offering for the killers but for survivors.

• Cixon
    Options

Perhaps I had to be more specific, basically if you have the very rare Dark Savior offering (exclusive to survivors.), you and the rest of the survivors can get hooked 1 extra time.

Ultra rare Dark Savior offering gives you and the rest of the survivors to get hooked 2 extra times.

• Raven014
    Options

Oh, so they get 1 extra hook state for the price of more hooks on the map? That seems... interesting... It should only be for the one that offered it though, imo. It sounds really strong if left as is...

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    edited December 2019
    Options
  • Cixon
    edited December 2019
    Options

No. It will apply to all survivors and won't spawn extra hooks.

This offering has a low spawn rate to begin with so if some survivors just so happens to get it, you likely won't get pared with them. It's almost as rare as ebony mori.

Killers can just face camp or use a mori if they really wanted to so I don't see this being unstable/strong at all.

In fact, killers have a huge edge with the game already so I think this would be a perfect addition to dead by daylight.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

No. Hook states should be set in stone.

• Cixon
    edited December 2019
    Options

Not with this offering lol.

Very rare Dark Savior offering: 4 hooks then death.

Ultra rare Dark Savior offering: 5 hooks then death.

This applies for all survivors in the trail. Read the post.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options
  • Raven014
    Options

Giving the ability to have an extra 2 hook states with one offering for everyone... imagine everyone bringing that offering. That is not balanced at all.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564
    Options

I don't think any killer at red ranks would want to face this. Remember how op mettle of man was considered or old ds, this in my opinion is worse than both of them.

This would incentivise camping and tunnelling which I want to less of. Even as a survivor main I can't say this fair. At higher ranks the killers won't get any kills, even with the one extra hook state offering.

I just want to ask something, how long is does the survivor last in the extra hook state?

• Cixon
    edited December 2019
    Options

Moris aren't balanced at all either. What's your point?

The offering doesn't stack either...read the post.

It's a really low spawn rate anyways so the chances of players running this offering are pretty low.

I wouldn't know how long the hooks are just I'd say the struggle hook is the 3rd hook and if using the ultra rare it would be the 4th hook as struggle.

• CashelP14
    Options

Each phase usually lasts a minute so an extra minute or 2 on the hook per survivor is OP. I'm rank 1 killer and survivor and I can honestly tell you this would be way too strong. I don't care about the low spawn chances since people will just keep using Bloodpoints till they get it.

What rank are you at? Be honest because against baby survivors it won't matter how many hook stages there is since the killer will still beat them easily. But at higher ranks where the killer will lose to any good team this is just broken mate.

I don't like just saying someone's idea isn't good but this offering isn't even slightly balanced and gives the killer virtually no chance of winning.

• Raven014
    edited December 2019
    Options

Ok then, if you think this is balanced, I'll chuck you the hypothetical scenarios with both at their worst.

Moris remove people from a game immediately. The survivor is hooked, saved, and tunneled. They then have a choice of:

a. spectating the remaining survivors.

b. leaving and finding another match.

Those choices aren't bad. Sure, it's frustrating during the match itself, but you're out of the match quickly, and the offerings get rarer the higher rank you go, since a lot of killers want BPs or Pips instead of just killing.

Then take a look at your proposed offering.

All Survivors get 2 more hooks (bringing the total to 5). This means a single survivor will have 5 lives, or 10 total successful hits without being tunnelled down. That is to the amount of effort to kill just one survivor the survivor approved way with your offering, which is to say, going after the rescuer every time without MYC. For all, multiply that by 4. Each chase usually takes between 30 seconds to 60 seconds, depending on the map and circumstances of course, and so the total amount of time required for chases with this could be estimated to be around 10 to 20 minutes of total chase time. All Gens can get done optimally 160 seconds, if each survivor not in a chase is actively on a different gen (not accounting for toolboxes), which is often the case at red ranks. And this isn't looking at if every survivor decides to bring this offering.

And killer player is subjected to this, and there is no way out of it without a dc.

What do you think killer players will do with the threat of this situation? Here is what I predict:

a. Play Trapper, and other potential one shot killers. Since they can't afford to play chasing killers, they'll be forced to use killers that can either one shot or reduce chases drastically. This includes Billy, Ghostface, Huntress, Hag, Oni, and other killers not perceived as fun. This will make killers like Legion, Wraith, and Demogorgon so much weaker.

b. Use Expose perks / addons with broken status effect. Since there are more chases, anything to make them shorter will be used more. This also includes Bloody coil and addons that make survivors more at risk.

c. Use of anti-healing builds. If you think the healing now is bad, just wait until you go against an anti-healing build. You will remain injured for way longer, making the chases shorter.

d. More slugging/ slugging builds. A lot of killers will just go for slugging builds, since hooking you means less gain for them. And if everyone's slugged, then they can't save you on the hook.

e. More moris. Yep. You will be encountering more of these. Since they bypass the hooks entirely. The price is only hooking each one once... but that's not a high price.

f. More tunneling. A killer would be incentivised to go after each survivor one by one, and if they aren't good at chases... good luck having fun.

And you think killer is actually the overpowered role... it doesn't sound like you play at high ranks very much, if at all... and that's just what I can think of in 5 minutes. The proposed addon is not balanced. At all.

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options

only if the ultra rare one doesn't exist anymore without penalties and it only applies to self. this would be way to strong otherwise.

• Cixon
    Options

Moris give survivors virtually no chance of winning either, your point?

• Cixon
    Options

But you see there's options. You can still success in killing 1 or more survivor. Just not a end-game success without a mori.

This would be the Survivor equivalent to a mori. This is why this offering should exist. Obviously, lots of killer mains won't like this since it hinders your success chance but moris exist and I don't see many survivors complain.

However, this is all opinion based. I see this offering being fairly balanced with the current killers/killer perks we have now.

• CashelP14
    Options

I want ebony moris nerfed so don't try and imply I'm a killer main. I personally believe it and keys will be nerfed in the mid chapter patch.

The only difference I'd say is that if you play well enough you can maybe avoid letting anyone get moried. However you can't avoid hooking survivors 4/5 times unless you camp someone through the stages or everyone else is downed/hooked.

Love how you ignored the ranked question lol but you can't honestly believe this is even slightly balanced. The community unanimously agrees that old ds and mom were op so why would they introduce something which is stronger than both of them.

@Raven014 has made some very good points in his last post about this.

Just take one moment to think about this. Think back to a game where you were facing a very strong team and they pretty much destroyed you. Now imagine they had 2 extra hook states before they died. If you haven't faced a team like this then you obviously haven't played both sides at any sort of high rank.

• Cixon
    Options

I've been in rank 3-7 matches. Not that it matters much since I'm confident enough to make a account on the forums to take the time and write this thread. Anyhow,

Most survivors I pair with are rank 6-10 so they aren't the brightest survivors but they try their best and I get some pretty good games most of the time...however there are some randoms that don't know how to play and this is really a combat to that as well as overpowering perks like NOED and Blood Warden and etc.

I thought of this for a while and figured maybe in addition to this offering, players have to complete 1 extra generator as well? 🧐

• Cixon
    Options

Updated the spawn rate and the way the offering operates. Upon using this offering, it'll force all survivors to complete 6 generators instead of default 5.

• CashelP14
    Options

Unfortunately theres nothing to combat bad players, that's why we create more swf groups which led to more killer complaining threads. NOED and Blood Warden is our own faults for opening the doors too quick and not destroying all the totems.

I respect that your now seeing it's too strong in its current form. I still believe though adding extra hook states this way isn't good for the game.

Offerings don't have negative side effects. Perks can but offerings don't. Gens are completed too fast, even getting an extra gen wouldn't help as much as you think.

• Cixon
    Options

Again, moris are pretty negative offerings cause you can easily lose pips. With Dark Savior offering, the killer will likely max out everything for chase and bleeding and etc because of extra hook states and if played correctly with the right perks, they can easily kill 1-2 survivors and especially with the addition of stalling the suriviors with having to complete 6 generators now.

I see this pretty balanced even at higher rates. Maybe not so much for SWF but that's the way the game is and everyone just has to accept that. Killer mains will always complain about SWF but that's their problem. 😪

I can list a lot of things to combat the odds of succeeding in Dark Savior.

• Moris.
    • Map offerings.
    • Petrified Oak.
    • Perk: Pop goes the weasel.
    • Perk: Thrilling Tremors
    • Perk: Make your choice
    • Perk: Thanophobia
    • Perk: Hex:Ruin
  • CashelP14
    Options

As I said before I expect them and keys to get nerfed soon. Both are too strong in their current form.

For the counters I understand what your saying but I don't think it is exactly correct. Imagine old spirit with prayer beads, here is some counters to that:

• Keys
    • Spine Chill
    • Gen tapping
    • Toolboxes
    • Prove Thyself
    • Premonition
    • Iron Will
    • Doing gens solo
    • Looking at grass
    • Swf teammates

Just because these "can" be counters doesn't mean that prayer beads wasn't op.

I wouldn't be against this being a buff for a perk like no mither. You get one more hook state that lasts like 20 seconds. Might balance out the fact that you take 3 less hits to get killed compared to other survivors.

• Raven014
    edited December 2019
    Options

But they're not really options. It forces people to play certain killers just in case this offering would be used in the first place. That's not an option.

Success is vague in this game. It's what you define it. If you're content with 1 kill, then you are. But there is no win condition for survivors... so giving an offering like this makes no sense. (Escaping isn't considered a victory by the game, piping is.)

• EnderloganYT
    EnderloganYT Member Posts: 621
    Options

step in the right direction, but does it add 1 total gen to prevent the last 2 gens being right next to each other?

• Cixon
    Options

You also have to realize that not all players care about piping. Your opinion of a victory is piping but for most of the average players in this game, it's escaping. Do you not understand the end goal of a survivor? It's escaping.

There's a reason it's a asymmetrical game but if you want to make it more complicated then it should be then fine but that's on your end lol.

• Cixon
    Options

It will add an extra generator to the playing field to allow to make up for the lack of killer succession rate.

• Raven014
    Options

I know that, but that is what the game itself considers a win. That is what the sweatier players will care about. So saying some people won't care doesn't contribute much.

Yeah, which means the survivors shouldn't be able to overpower the killer, since it's 1v4. It's already heavily survivor sided (look at the meta build at red and tell me that's balanced), and this makes it worse. The solo side must be able to take on the other side in a fair game... and it doesn't always feel fair.

Then again I talk from red ranks.