Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

with the work of saboteur and swf is it possible to break every hook at the same time m?

Options

yeet

Best Answers

Answers

• Yogerman1997
    Yogerman1997 Member Posts: 374
    Options

i dont think so... using saboteur without toolboxes take a lot of time

also, BaSeMeNt

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    edited December 2019
    Options

You mean having every hook on the map broken at once?

Leaving aside the basement, and assuming that the killer isn't using Hangman's Trick, the answer is yes.

If you 99% every hook first, even without SWF you would probably then be able to break every hook one by one with Saboteur in the 3-4 minutes it takes the first hook to respawn (hooks respawn after 180 seconds by default, 210 seconds if broken using T3 Saboteur). With coordinated SWF, this would absolutely be achievable, since each survivor would only have to break 3-5 hooks within the timeframe.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited December 2019
    Options

@ocafghanistan

Fibijeans right, but maps like "The biggest" being Mother's Dwelling or "the longest" being Azarov's Resting Place... it could take more time. Maps like "The Game" and Hawkins are 100% do-able with even some extra time... maybe.

You have to factor in if the Killer stops you mid-way, if this is just a KYFs test, etc. If this is a KYFs test, than you should easily be able to make it to each base length of each hook before the 3 minute respawn timer... since it's literally 4 people doing it all at once, taking up sections of the map.

The respawn is a flat 180 seconds, so it's about like... 3 and a quarter minutes.

Source of hook respawn timer: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Hooks

But is this actually do-able?

Well, despite me always testing this in a KYFs, having 4 people including me to help is not easy to find... especially when it's like 5AM lol...

If it was breaking hooks one by one without the previously established 99%... than no way would you be able to do this in under 3 and a quarter minutes... If you had the 99% grace break, than yes, you'll do this.

Off of opinion, you can do this, off of actual proof, I cannot give you this at this time or really find that proof anywhere.

You can either take our word for it or not, but I doubt anyone else has the manpower to do it i'm afraid... maybe I could if it wasn't 5AM, but even than I might not have 4 people to be willing to waste that much time to find out.

so... you answer is kind of meh... but... here's why it's true

An opinionated answer is not always 100% wrong, and here's why.

Since version 2.5.0, each map features a minimum to maximum amount of hooks that spawn. It's no longer a random amount of hooks, so there's a set amount of hooks that DO spawn. And, it also depends on the distance (for base-kit) between each hooks spawn, so the maps size also plays a factor into this... which makes the minimum amount of hooks that spawn come into effect.

I did have someone help me test this in-game, by counting the smallest maps hooks to the "biggest" maps hooks. I even had them do the "longest" maps, and redo the "biggest" maps to see if anything changed!

Here's the results:

The Game (13 Hooks in the entire map)

Mother's Dwelling "First Count" (9 Hooks in the entire map)

Azarov's Resting Place (8 Hooks in the entire map)

Mother's Dwelling "Second Count" (13 Hooks in the entire map)

my final ANALYSIS

The minimum amount of hooks seem to be around 7 to 8 for larger/longer maps like Azarov's and Mother's Dwelling... but they can actually reach up to 13 hooks!

It seems to be that the max amount of hooks in any map is around 13, but it might even go up to 14! From all the tests, it's only ever been 13.

What does this mean? Well, your answer is basically this

The hook spawns are based off of RNG it seems, and a minimum amount of hooks do exist for each map... this minimum seems to be 7 to 8, while the max is about 13.

Meaning, at the minimum, you'll 100% break all 7 to 8 hooks with 4 people, hands down 100% for sure. If it's 13 hooks... it might be do-able, but that's unknown. If it's on a map like The Game, you'll do it with 13 hooks due to the size!

If it's a map like Mother's Dwelling, you'll be able to hit the minimum yes, but the maximum hook spawns for a map that big? That's unknown. If each player takes up a quadrant of each section of the map, and plan this out, than you should be able to break every hook before the 3 and a quarter timer respawns the first broken hook.

If you did this on 99% broken hooks of course, if this was for hooks that had no progress done... than you might do it for The Games minimum hook spawns, but not something like Mother's Dwelling or Azarov's, I don't personally think so.

additional information

Also, the minimum for small maps like The Game might be bigger than other maps like Mother's Dwelling... but it seems the hook spawns are rather small or big, depending on the RNG.

So are the minimum for big or small maps the same? That's unknown. Is the maximum the same? From these tests, that seems to be the case yes! So could the minimum be the same for every map? I'd say personally yes.

sources

Hooks spawn length and confirmation of minimum and maximum hook spawns existing (Information is not in-game, and there's no list of hook spawns that I could find on that page): https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Hooks

• Fibijean
    Options

Just for the record, you can find information about the minimum and maximum hook numbers on a per-map basis on each map's page on the gamepedia wiki.

• Fibijean
    Options

I assumed you both used the gamepedia wiki and thought it was reputable, since it's the one you linked in your post.

• FireHazard
    edited December 2019
    Options

I didn't really think too hard about if the DBD wiki is the gamepedia wiki.

Regardless, I only really used it for the confirmation that Minimum to Maximum hook spawns exist, I did the rest of the tests myself to figure out what those roughly were.

I now see what you mean by it displaying these numbers, so that was in-general a waste of time to do. But I still did it regardless to get him his answer, so...

It's basically the same information I gave above, except some maps have a higher minimum than others, and their max hook spawns can be 12 or 11. Says here Azarov's can be 12, Mother's 13, etc. But that wasn't entirely the point of why I even got those figures, it was just to prove to him what IS and ISN'T possible in-game because of these minimums and maximums that can happen through RNG.

Long story short, if you 99% literally all the hooks, most of these can be done with 4 people easily. If you do this without preparations, blindly, and with only that perk, it's less do-able because of map size and awareness of where the hooks spawned. And the obvious one that's the RNG is random so...

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

Probably.

You might want to have 1 guy with a Rainbow Map though, or Map + Red Twine, so they can communicate the locations of Hooks.

• FireHazard
    edited December 2019
    Options

"or Map + Red Twine, so they can communicate the locations of Hooks."

Memes aside

I know what you meant, it's Crystal Beads that does that. I'm just messing with you 🤭

• Fibijean
    Options

He's saying that Red Twine allows you to track the hooks with the Map, which you can then communicate with your friends over voice chat. Not that Red Twine itself communicates hook locations.

• FireHazard
    edited December 2019
    Options

But if Red Twine only tracks the Killers belongings, than how does it track hook placement?

I assume Red Twine defines "Killer belongings" as the Killers basement chest, but I guess it can also mean the hooks as well... so he wasn't wrong if that's the case.

I never use Red Twine anyways, since the Rainbow Map tracks the hooks auras by default, so it just makes that add-on useless in comparison I guess... plus it saves add-on space AND this is mostly done in a KYFs, so.

One says "Killers belongings" and the other (Rainbow Map) actually says "Hooks" in its description... so... can be confusing. It never outright says it tracks hooks, but it never says it doesn't either lol.

But yeah, it confused me since you'd naturally use a Rainbow map in a KYFs since it doesn't matter... right? Saves an add-on slot and lets you use the Jelly and Crystal Bead to let people see the auras WHILE having the charges last longer.

• Fibijean
    Options

Red Twine does show hook placements, since the hooks come under "killer belongings". And Map + Red Twine would be a viable setup for what Boss is suggesting, since you wouldn't necessarily be playing KYF in the situation OP is describing.

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555
    Options
  • FireHazard
    edited December 2019
    Options

The OP never really specified if this is in a LIVE match or a KYFs match. They only asked if this was possible to do in a general scenario. Since they accepted the answer... its clear that it didn't matter either way, since they can deduce themselves that a Killer constantly chasing one of the 4 SWFs members would kind of ruin the run if the hooks spawned in on a big map with the maximum hooks it could hold.

Regardless, they seem satisfied with what they've been given, which was and is my primary intention to do so.

But besides the OP and the question...

I did not know Red Twine specified "Killer Belongings" as the hooks as well, since as stated above I never use that add-on... mainly because the only time I ever used maps was when I was using a Rainbow map.

And, if you used this in a KYFs, it's a better idea to use a Rainbow Map RATHER than a simple map with a wasted add-on slot to track the hooks. That doesn't mean Boss's idea is terrible, it just means there are better alternatives to use which benefits the SWFs a lot more.

While also not ever using that add-on, at first glance the add-on never specifies that it also tracks the hooks... since its specification is under "Killers Belongings" which could mean many things. Is this the Killers chest? The basement hooks? the hooks themselves? All of the above? I wouldn't know.

Regardless, I was just memeing him anyways, despite being wrong.

• FireHazard
    edited December 2019
    Options

I don't know anymore, I tried making a joke is all.. Again, your idea wasn't terrible, that wasn't the point I was making. I was just memeing it to be funny, but for some reason it wasn't funny to anyone else... cause it was wrong.

Post edited by FireHazard on