Should Moris be nerfed

2»

Comments

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

I would like mori's to only be activated after 2 hooks, but give a ton of bloodpoints, having it more be a fancy way to ens games then a real powerplay

And keys should only be able to open the hatch in EGC

I think that would be the simplest solution

• dont_ask_me_again
    dont_ask_me_again Member Posts: 490
    edited December 2019

I agree with your key nerf but feel moris should be about double hooking a survivor or something as more of a time-save.

Edit: except pink key not being for 1 survivor (That just creates an swf pain). A key can be used in 2 remaining potentially as is meaning 2 could escape and that already seems like a problem. Maybe there’s a 20 second wait till the hatch opens again idk.

• TheCoolDBDGamer
    TheCoolDBDGamer Member Posts: 92

Nope. Obviously they are bad against solo queue survivors, but against toxic swf groups they are necessary, especially with swf's with voice comms,

also Mori's only need to be changed to only be able to be used on deathhook,

also Mori's should give the survivor a skillcheck and if they succeed the great skill check the mori gets cancelled and the killer can try again with each try of a skillcheck getting progressively harder.

Remove mori's only if the dev's remove survive with friends.

• TheCoolDBDGamer

Yes. I'll happily accept to lend a helping hand out.-Moris

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Moris are fine the way they are really. They are an ultra-rare, maybe the solution is to make them even more rare in the Bloodweb. As an example, leveling Myers right now at P2. I got Ebony Moris 4 webs in a row. Didn't take any of them, because I feel they are a waste of BP, but that seems pretty damn frequent for an Ultra Rare that is a big gamechanger when used as intended (1 hook -> Mori).

Moris should NEVER give bonus BP for any reason. You are stealing from the Entity to satisfy your own craving for blood. That should result in a reduced BP gain at any time.

Moris and BNP used to balance rather nicely when it was Mori anytime and BNP was an insta-gen. Then they started nerfing things and it seems to have thrown certain aspects of the game completely off. They should've just made them both rarer in the Bloodweb, and it would've been a whole lot more balanced than it was. 4 BNP was a nightmare game.

I don't think a nerf is going to solve anything. They are Ultra Rare for a reason, they just need to be not quite so easy to obtain. If I remember correctly, running my p3 Hag from 1 -> 50, I had a chance at 22 Ebony Moris. Almost half my webs containing them, even with the boost from P3, is pretty damn excessive imo.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210

I strongly disagree about the skillchecks.

The Moris should be a way of ending a survivors life quickly.

Imagine Moris in red ranks with skillchecks nightmare

• TheCoolDBDGamer

Ah yeah but it's just to make them slightly fairer for the survs.

• Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Member Posts: 608

I do think ebony mori should be changed to 3 instead of 4. If you want to do four moris you should need to run a perk that gives one like rancor, devour hope, etc.

• Nameless
    Nameless Member Posts: 869

There just shouldn’t be an item or an offering that’s able to turn around the game as fast as mories and keys could. Remove them, nerf them, Idc as long as they get looked into at some point.

How is this going to change anything? The fact you can get rid of 3 players insanely quick instead of 4 still makes it extremely unhealthy for the game.

• Marcus
    Marcus Member Posts: 2,047

I think it would be enough if devs would make Moris useable only after hooking all 4 survivors.

• yoi
    yoi Member Posts: 338

moris are the onyl way to counter an stupid organized rank 1 swf team (if u play a weak killer) is insane that us killer players are forced to play strogn killers over and over again to ahve a chance is not even fun.

• MAV
    MAV Member Posts: 52

Mori that already been massively nerfed... For the first year or 2 u could use Mori on first down... They are fine now... Maybe should be harder to get in blood web but otherwise they are fine...

• Ohnoes

It is an alternative to the high likelihood of nothing happening about them.

• DepressedClownMain
    DepressedClownMain Member Posts: 924

It should be usable after hooking a survivor twice. You still deny DS, sabotage, saves, unbreakable, body blocking and other game mechanics.

• Ohnoes

it is an alternative that weakens it slightly by lowering it to 2 or 3 kills. It changes something by making it so it doesn't have a 100% success rate. I highly doubt mori is going anywhere so there's the lesser evil.

• DrM00se
    DrM00se Member Posts: 12

I’m not sure how often you guys are running into Moris. I rarely see them, I see more keys than anything.

as a survivor, I might run into a mori once a week, and usually their mori is denied. No swf needed.

as a killer I see keys every game. I rarely use a mori, but if I see more than one key. I go ahead and bring one. I’ll usually still hook you twice.

the real issue is these dedicated servers IMO fix those and hit boxes before we go on about “fixing” these moris and keys.

• Sillyzombie666
    Sillyzombie666 Member Posts: 22

Whos moris

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

Keys are 2 small changes from being completely balanced. Moris need a rework.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I'll put my mori idea one more time jic someone doesn't see my other posts: all 4 survivors need to be hooked or you can ignore this requirement for a survivor you have hooked twice. Easy fix.

• ZtarShot
    ZtarShot Member Posts: 838

The hatch not opening is a bad idea, from my prospective, of course. What would happen to closing the hatch?

• MrGummeBear
    MrGummeBear Member Posts: 94

How about we just remove killers all together.Then we can play hugger instead.

If this game removes mories.I honestly will quit this game and that would be the final straw for me. I'm a big horror and after watching so many movies. It felt good to finally play as my favorite horror characters and to fill I have some power.

I really get under my skin when survivors want to change everything and most the time the Devs favor them. I understand the game is not balanced but is it suppose to be?.

I mean have you watched horror movies?

Sorry for my rant.

Keys Suck by the way.

• thrawn3054
    thrawn3054 Member Posts: 5,897

Yes. Along with keys. They also need to be done in the same patch. Otherwise all hell will break loose.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720

Its 50/50 for me. To me it feels like cheep wins = why try as a survivor.

On the other hand. A bagging survivor gets what they deserve. Either the mori should be used right away with NO hooks, or be after 2 hooks.

Ebony mori should be REMOVED. and any mori promotes tunneling.

• EntityDrudge
    EntityDrudge Member Posts: 184

You're comment about making them worthless to bring lets me know you just want them removed. Why not just title your post that.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145

Nah.

I don't have an issue with keys, or Moris for that matter.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

thanks i guess?

its no secret that i am a killer main tho...

also, all those things i just mentioned are worse than mories... and its not like i was only listing things that are unfair for killers or something...

legion changes are something that would make the survivor life a lot better, map balance and DCs are things that affect both sides equally and its not a secret that gentimes and keys are broken.

also also, i openly admitted they needed changing. i just said these things should be on the priority list first.

but yeah, lets call me a biased killermain and just ignore all these, imo very valid points i had.

the devs should definitely not focus on these things and instead gut mories asap. that would balance the game.