Comments

• xBEATDOWNSx
    xBEATDOWNSx Member Posts: 636
    Options

Oh I'm aware of it but I also choose to ignore em 🤔

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 354
    Options

God no. Survivors never show killers mercy and they're the true power role in this messed up game. Kill them all!

• Megatome
    Megatome Member Posts: 34
    Options

Don't force rules that don't exist upon yourself. There's no secret credo for killers.

I can give you some helpful game advice advice pertaining to your situation, however--

Generally speaking, you'll want to comb the immediate area around a hook to check if there's a survivor literally right around a corner waiting to unhook. If there is, great! You can start a chase and forget about the person on the hook. If there isn't, great! Expand your search area and go look for other survivors.

It's generally unfun and, I think, boring to just slap someone who just got unhooked. That person goes back on the hook and goes back to waiting to be unhooked. Meanwhile, there are at most two other survivors working to progress the game by doing generators. As a rule of thumb, if you don't know where people are, assume they're doing generators.

As a side note to the above paragraph, some especially altruistic survivors will run a perk called Borrowed Time, which effectively lets anyone they unhook inside your terror radius take a free hit for a short duration. You never really want to risk slapping someone if they've got borrowed time, so it's better to make a healthy survivor become injured.

If one person comes to unhook another person, you know that half of the survivors in the game aren't progressing the game. The person who was just unhooked is injured-- they either need to waste a variable amount of time healing or risk staying injured to do generators. Meanwhile, if you catch the person who unhooked, now THEY'RE injured and that's half the survivors in the game wasting time or risking going down.

If for any reason you run into a survivor who just got unhooked as they're running from the hook or you comb the area around the unhook (you didn't see the unhook) and find that survivor, there's not much you can do at that point. Survivors have a bad habit of unhooking their teammates and then not creating a diversion for them or even healing them, just running and hiding and leaving their teammate to die. If the survivor who was just on the hook is the first and most immediate person you run into, don't feel bad about downing them again. You're just punishing bad teamwork.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    Options

Only show mercy to non toxic shirtless Davids.

I personally show mercy to people who play as if they just picked up this game. I don't want to put off people and would like to have a larger player base, so if I see a Bushette wearing a bright green shirt, trying to hide behind a rock at the start of the match, I'll pretend I didn't see her. Once they have 2-3 gens done, then I step it up a notch.

I like this game, and I think many others would too, they just need to experience the fun aspects before they get exposed to all the negative Nancys that want to ruin it for everyone else.

• Duckodb12
    Duckodb12 Member Posts: 45
    Options

How I play killer mainly depends on how the survivors are acting, if I get a cocky toxic ######### with a flashlight clicking the light and teabagging they’re gonna get camped and tunneled or whatever it takes to make them dead fastest. If the survivors are playing like normal people not like 2 year olds I try to go by this unwritten set of rules all survivors seem to think exist. If they’re an ass to me it’s toxic game on.