Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Can we all just calm down??

Sally55
Sally55 Member Posts: 368

Seriously the ptb has yet to be released. Can everyone just wait to test these upcoming changes instead of arguing and crying?

Comments

• switch
    switch Member Posts: 489

We went 1 step forward and after only 2 months we go 2 steps backwards.
    I honestly thought that after the whole starbreeze thing ended we would actually get a better game and we got that sadly for only 2 months.
    Don't worry theres no need for PTB all they said will go live 100% on that. same was in the past with alot of broken things.
    Sadly this patch will bring back survivors 1v1 ing the killer on 99% on the maps quite dissapointed really thought that the game can be what they advertised to be HORROR/SLASHER.

• Sally55
    edited August 2018

@TrumpJunior said:
    No_Mither_No_Problem said:

@Sally55 said:
    Seriously the ptb has yet to be released. Can everyone just wait to test these upcoming changes instead of arguing and crying?

@TrumpJunior said:
    Hell no.

There are two kinds of Nurse mains in this world.

One that tries to be objective and another that reflects the majority of this forum just for fun?

I agree with OP, but I still think the devs need to adjust some other things first before their planned changes come to the live build.

That is what the ptb is for. Go give meaningful constructive feedback when a playable build is available. Honestly the devs are at least trying there best and you know what? Be glad they actually give a damn about their game unlike most small developers who flood steam with unplayable garbage that rarely gets fixed at all.

• Sally55

@Runiver said:

@Sally55 said:

The fact that most changes that went through PTB just went live even when most people were AGAINST IT (aka the exhaustion change for example) just scares people. And it's justified.

And your right. I know i fear some of the upcoming changes myself.(even though i probably won't get a chance to test these changes since i'm going away on a trip soon) But at least they try to fix their game.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    The issue is the unhooking changes and not fixing maps before nerfing something that is already pointless to killers that are experienced anyways...really the only time I ever use BL is to end the game when the last survivor decides to infinite me.. killers always play the ptb for a couple days to test everything survivors dont.. I wish I had PC so i could play it 
  • NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Sally55 said:

You have a valid point but some things are obvious that if they are implemented into the game, it would have a terrific impact on the game.
  • samirk98
    samirk98 Member Posts: 167

nerfed survivor? the same for killers then lol
    okay you are right just calm down dudes

• Esheon
    Esheon Member Posts: 568
    Sally55 said:

@TrumpJunior said:

@Sally55 said:

@TrumpJunior said:
    Hell no.

One that tries to be objective and another that reflects the majority of this forum just for fun?

I agree with OP, but I still think the devs need to adjust some other things first before their planned changes come to the live build.

That is what the ptb is for. Go give meaningful constructive feedback when a playable build is available. Honestly the devs are at least trying there best and you know what? Be glad they actually give a damn about their game unlike most small developers who flood steam with unplayable garbage that rarely gets fixed at all.

I'm hoping I'll actually be able to get a match this PTB. I tried the last one and only managed to get 1 killer game in.
  • ASpazNamedSteve
    ASpazNamedSteve Member Posts: 1,784

This community overreacts to ######### everything. Seriously.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Sally55 said:

Did you actually watch the Q&A? The stuff they are planing to do is just insane

• Dwight_Fairfield
    Dwight_Fairfield Member Posts: 6,895

@Sally55 said:

This forum would be a ghost town without arguing and crying ;)

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Some of these changes are troubling indeed. I understand why killers are not happy.

There are more important issues that need addressing before you can suggest buffs like these.

At the very least, handle it all at one time.

• Mr_Jay_Stark
    Mr_Jay_Stark Member Posts: 539
    I know console players can’t play the ptb so they have to rely on PC players to try it out and trust me they have more to complain about than upcoming “nerfs” and “buffs” *cough* FPS issues! And yes I understand people can say oh buy a PC but console gamers feel comfortable playing console! I get people may say oh well that’s what they get for buying a console! Which is true but like I said they feel comfortable being on console so why change?
  • snozer
    snozer Member Posts: 776
    edited August 2018

the really sad part is that you think the ptb makes any difference... how can you be so naive?

the last ptb was dead, no survivors used it because they did not like the planned changes, this is why the dev's just dumped it in the game and then the tantrum of the century ensued.

Now the dev's are panicking because they are to oblivious to realise the death rates of survivors are skyrocketing because they are forcing the stats. i have been in games where nobody but me will do gens, i am watching them with bond just walk around and open chests etc while they hook farm and play with the killer but eventually all die because nothing gets done.

edit This is at rank 7-8 btw..

I have had games where the survivors are obviously not playing normally like running in a straight line out in the open and then suiciding asap on the hook.... even going as far as to just stand and point at the hook.

i don't care what they do but they need to leave the pallet stun at the end of the animation. moving that puts pallets back to their former strength.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@TrumpJunior said:
    Hell no.

I agree. The mere fact that they mentioned some really drastic changes was enough for me to voice my opinion. No opposition leads to oppression by default. Ask americans

• FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600

@ASpazNamedSteve said:
    This community overreacts to [BAD WORD] everything. Seriously.

This and pretty much every other unmoderated game community.

It's almost like the cancer of politics has seeped into everything.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095

@Sally55 said:

@Runiver said:

@Sally55 said:

The fact that most changes that went through PTB just went live even when most people were AGAINST IT (aka the exhaustion change for example) just scares people. And it's justified.

And your right. I know i fear some of the upcoming changes myself.(even though i probably won't get a chance to test these changes since i'm going away on a trip soon) But at least they try to fix their game.

They also tried to fix their game when they introduced looping with the insta-pallet stun + vacuum + bigger hitboxes for killers. (Not to mention the FOV nerf for killers due to the clipping masks and stuff)

The "Fix" for this game are usually terrible, and mostly band-aids to the actual issues.
    For example, the "hit through pallets" issue is mostly due to LATENCY. And instead of investing into dedicated servers, they just bandaid by reducing the delay before the stun, which is just a buff and will hinder killers that have proper pings.

• yeet
    yeet Member Posts: 1,832
    edited August 2018

these buffs will put survivors in the best place they've ever been since infinites were removed, mark my words.

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    yeet said:

these buffs will put survivors in the best place they've ever been since infinites were removed, mark my words.

Not that far, but Pallet Play with be completely one sided again. Pallets will be completely reaction based. There will be no need to “make a read” on the Killer going for a lunge and such to drop the Pallet early. It will be easy drops, that completely take out any mind game potential. 

Unhooks will be brain dead. I frames that will combo into I-frames from Sprint Burst. Making sure without fail the Survivor will make it to a Loop or Pallet and continue chases ad nasium. Even possible with Dead Hard. 

Bloodlust should ONLY be changed to be procured at a faster rate, but a lower bonus to speed. A straight nerf to the speed without changing the rate of gain is simply making it even more worthless than it already is. 
  • RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@TrumpJunior said:

@Sally55 said:

@TrumpJunior said:
    Hell no.

PTBs not out.

The whole point of the PTB is to test, adjust, and make a conclusion of what to release to live and what not.

• Runiver

@Brady said:

@TrumpJunior said:

@Sally55 said:

@TrumpJunior said:
    Hell no.

PTBs not out.

The whole point of the PTB is to test, adjust, and make a conclusion of what to release to live and what not.

As a matter of fact tho :
    People do not truly test on the PTB.
    The PTB mostly goes down under a few days because it has no incencitive.
    People just exploit the fact they don't lose items and add-ons to play full try hard on the PTB. (Example, full BNP in the clown PTB, or Nurse with Ebony Mori and full add-ons even tho none of these have been changed in the patch.)
    Aaaaand finally, and not the least, most changes just go live as THEY wanted them, not as PEOPLE wanted them.

• RepliCant
    edited August 2018

@Runiver said:

@Brady said:

@TrumpJunior said:

@Sally55 said:

@TrumpJunior said:
    Hell no.

PTBs not out.

People just exploit the fact they don't lose items and add-ons to play full try hard on the PTB. (Example, full BNP in the clown PTB, or Nurse with Ebony Mori and full add-ons even tho none of these have been changed in the patch.)
    Aaaaand finally, and not the least, most changes just go live as THEY wanted them, not as PEOPLE wanted them.

You're absolutely right, and it's very problematic.

I noticed that when I went on PTB to test, everybody went really tryhard and full blown as I'm running around like a lost puppy testing everything I can, kind of dicking around doing random stuff seeing how everything works and form an opinion on changes.

Sigh. So many problems, and alot of them are ironically player-based caused.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Sally55 said:

Why can't people argue about upcoming changes exactly?
    Is that a thing you feel only developers are allowed to talk about?
    Or do you dislike people having different opinions from eachother, creating discussions?

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Runiver said:

@Brady said:

@TrumpJunior said:

@Sally55 said:

@TrumpJunior said:
    Hell no.

PTBs not out.

Then why even have communication with the community if they just do whatever they want? I mostly agree with you but then you look at what happened with the Hatch in the last PTB and Survivor's bitched so much about it that the devs pussied out.

The vast majority of the time, perk changes just get some fine tuning if anything. Tinkerer, for example, had values tweaked between the PTB and live. This is because these changes have already been tested internally, and they're just looking for balance feedback more than anything (is this too good, not good enough). From a design side of things, it's mostly set. (e.g. Is anyone going to be upset that Ace in the Hole is slightly better? Pretty safe to say no.)

For large sweeping mechanic changes, that's a different story. Things like the hatch rework, no bleedout on hooks, broken status, etc. These are things that cannot be easily tested internally. There are so many variables and different playstyles out there that you can't possibly get a feel for how the community as a whole will react to it. In these cases, it's better to just put them out there and see how people feel about it. Most of the time these won't go through, and that's because they're largely untested. The best option is to put it out there and see how many crazy ways people can break them, or how much it favours one side or the other.

The hatch change is the perfect example of that. It was an idea that they wanted to test to see if it would eliminate hatch standoffs, but all it ended up doing was transferring that standoff to the exit gates, leaving survivors sitting there waiting for an opportunity to go for the gate while the killer tightly patrols their only two options. It was still a stalemate. Same goes for no bleedout on hooks. Good idea on paper, in practice people would take advantage of that to distract the killer near a hooked survivor, buying the other survivors plenty of time to finish up generators while the killer makes no sacrifice progress. It punished the killer for not giving people free unhooks.

That doesn't mean they'll never go through though. Take the exhaustion changes, for example. There was a lot of negative feedback towards it, but in the end it seemed to be better balanced that way so they went through with it anyway. Reality is, this is a game where many people play only one side, so regardless of what sort of balance change they make, there's going to be negative feedback. It's not always about looking at what people are yelling most about, but more so looking at what type of gameplay emerges from the changes.

• REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• akbays35
    akbays35 Member Posts: 1,123

@Master said:

@Sally55 said:

fixing some animations and adding trapper buffer? Kindred 3 might be a bit excessive, but It might balance solo play vs swfs. was there something else they talked about in Q&A3 I missed?

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,523
    edited August 2018

@akbays35 said:

@Master said:

@Sally55 said:

fixing some animations and adding trapper buffer? Kindred 3 might be a bit excessive, but It might balance solo play vs swfs. was there something else they talked about in Q&A3 I missed?

Just the bloodlust changes. They're planning on reducing BL2 from +0.6m/s to +0.4m/s, and BL3 from +1.2m/s to +0.6m/s. BL1 remains untouched.

Still not really a massive change, I would say, since BL2/3 rarely if ever activate. Bloodlust doesn't really do much against looping, it only really stands to punish survivors who are actually using windows and LOS blockers to mindgame and gain distance (which in my eyes, if they can consistently mindgame me to gain distance and avoid me for 45 seconds, they're just straight up better than me and I don't deserve a free hit).

This would, of course, go to PTB before going live.

• akbays35

@Peanits said:

@akbays35 said:

@Master said:

@Sally55 said:

Just the bloodlust changes. They're planning on reducing BL2 from +0.6m/s to +0.4m/s, and BL3 from +1.2m/s to +0.6m/s. BL1 remains untouched.

Still not really a massive change, I would say, since BL2/3 rarely if ever activate. Bloodlust doesn't really do much against looping, it only really stands to punish survivors who are actually using windows and LOS blockers to mindgame and gain distance (which in my eyes, if they can consistently mindgame me to gain distance and avoid me for 45 seconds, they're just straight up better than me and I don't deserve a free hit).

I'm honestly just happy about the pallet animations reverting, tired of seeing my character do a laggy spin before throwing a pallet and getting hit due to the extra frames for the animation to complete.

• Runiver

@Hillbilly420 said:

@Runiver said:

@Brady said:

@TrumpJunior said:

@Sally55 said:

@TrumpJunior said:
    Hell no.

PTBs not out.

Then why even have communication with the community if they just do whatever they want? I mostly agree with you but then you look at what happened with the Hatch in the last PTB and Survivor's bitched so much about it that the devs pussied out.

Mostly for people to test bugs, having some feedback on forums eventually to see if a riot is gonna come or not and such. It doesn't actually cost much to them to get that PTB on.

• Master

@akbays35 said:

@Peanits said:

@akbays35 said:

@Master said:

@Sally55 said:

I'm honestly just happy about the pallet animations reverting, tired of seeing my character do a laggy spin before throwing a pallet and getting hit due to the extra frames for the animation to complete.

That "laggy spin" gave the killer more possibility to mindgame at a pallet. By removing that, throwing down a pallet just becomes a reaction thing and makes looping easier. The only way to still have a mindgame at a pallet will be by having a download in the background...... well, not sure whether I like that....

• akbays35

@Master said:

@akbays35 said:

@Peanits said:

@akbays35 said:

@Master said:

@Sally55 said:

That "laggy spin" gave the killer more possibility to mindgame at a pallet. By removing that, throwing down a pallet just becomes a reaction thing and makes looping easier. The only way to still have a mindgame at a pallet will be by having a download in the background...... well, not sure whether I like that....

how is a survivor having an uncontrollable lag animation a mindgame? It's always been a reaction and timing thing but since there's animation lag it becomes unreliable. I've seen my character do uncontrollable 360 spins at the pallet when I hit space since the patch and always get hit if I slam the pallet before the killer even lunges. You can't even time out huntress throwing axes with pallet interaction anymore since survivor hitboxes got way bigger. The animations are so slow that a nurse can blink on a pallet and swing and hit before the pallet hit detects, and they are already in stun animation from their dash so it just becomes a wasted pallet throw. That's one issue killers don't really get, the devs are designing the game for it easier for us to get hit, and we're complaining about laggy animation glitches. I'm hoping they fix more of these with cosmetics, cause Feng and Kate and even the Clown are unreliable to play when their hair glitches out, it literally leaves a hair stream of where they are heading to if the killer/survivor sees it.

• Envees
    Envees Member Posts: 370

@Runiver said:

@Brady said:

@TrumpJunior said:

@Sally55 said:

@TrumpJunior said:
    Hell no.

PTBs not out.

I would test this one. If not to my liking and they go ahead with it anyway then its bye bye. The mere fact that an I-frame leading to another I-frame is being talked about is either the devs trying to stop the survs from abandoning by giving small talk to them or this is being worked on and its a taste of what is to come.

I am not happy in the slightest about the talk even. As if they need more crutches than the ones they have already.

• Master

@akbays35 said:

@Master said:

@akbays35 said:

@Peanits said:

@akbays35 said:

@Master said:

@Sally55 said:

how is a survivor having an uncontrollable lag animation a mindgame? It's always been a reaction and timing thing but since there's animation lag it becomes unreliable. I've seen my character do uncontrollable 360 spins at the pallet when I hit space since the patch and always get hit if I slam the pallet before the killer even lunges. You can't even time out huntress throwing axes with pallet interaction anymore since survivor hitboxes got way bigger. The animations are so slow that a nurse can blink on a pallet and swing and hit before the pallet hit detects, and they are already in stun animation from their dash so it just becomes a wasted pallet throw. That's one issue killers don't really get, the devs are designing the game for it easier for us to get hit, and we're complaining about laggy animation glitches. I'm hoping they fix more of these with cosmetics, cause Feng and Kate and even the Clown are unreliable to play when their hair glitches out, it literally leaves a hair stream of where they are heading to if the killer/survivor sees it.

It is not uncontrollable, it just is a delay you have to calcualte in. How does it come I dont have problems with that when I play survivor?

But yeah, I guess its a good idea to buff looping, the most broken mechanic in the game if you ask me

• RepliCant
    edited August 2018

@Master said:

@akbays35 said:

@Master said:

@akbays35 said:

@Peanits said:

@akbays35 said:

@Master said:

@Sally55 said:

It is not uncontrollable, it just is a delay you have to calcualte in. How does it come I dont have problems with that when I play survivor?

But yeah, I guess its a good idea to buff looping, the most broken mechanic in the game if you ask me

And completely ignore the fact that it's still a problem that shouldn't be happening. Yeah, okay..

He had a valid point. You shouldn't get a hit if it isn't supposed to happen but does anyway?

anyway, loops are the problem, and pallets are even buggier. But whatever.