Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Someone accused me of using an exploit?

Options
lunadelpalmar
lunadelpalmar Member Posts: 3
edited December 2019 in Ask the Community

EDIT: Removed the screenshots, here's a quick transcript of the relevant issue:

Some guy: "######### off ya exploit user."

Me: "Exploit?"

Some guy: "You know exactly what it is, it's on your profile as well and it's already submitted to the forums"

I'm not sure what's going on here. I was playing Legion, doing my daily challenges, and I had a terrible game, 0K. But this guy's accusing me of exploits, said it's on my profile, and I really have no idea what he means by it. I don't use any third-party applications of scripts, I wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary. Could there be a bug? I was using perks that gave me the most bp: BBQ & Chili, Distressing, and then Ruin and Discordance. Is there a bug related to those perks?

Please let me know, I don't want to get banned :(

Post edited by Rizzo on

Best Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited December 2019 Answer ✓
    Options

@lunadelpalmar

I wouldn't give out your steam profile link on the forums, despite it not really doing anything anyways. Regardless, this post doesn't really make any sense. (I'd also censor their names in the image)

From my knowledge there is no "BP" or "BPS" exploit that's well known or even known to exist at this time, and your steam profile doesn't show anything that would indicate this. It doesn't even show anything at all, so I don't see why adding it matters.

And no, there isn't a bug related to those perks. I honestly don't know why they reported you or why they think you're exploiting DESPITE losing the match lol...

basically...

Just ignore it, it doesn't even make sense that they reported you in the first place.

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Answer ✓
    Options

First off, best to censor the others' names out of those screenshots, since your post may reflect badly on them.

Secondly, I don't really know what they're talking about either. If you have screenshots of the earlier parts of the chat that could be helpful. Your profile is private, so unless they're your friends, there's no information they could have got from there. Given that, my guess would be that they're talking out their rear end and just trying to scare you.

Either that, or they're mistaken, which is not uncommon - sometimes survivors don't understand how certain killer perks or mechanics work (Legion's Killer Instinct is a common example of this) and so they assume the killer must be using hacks.

Either way, if you know you didn't use an exploit, you have nothing to worry about when it comes to getting banned. The devs won't ban anyone if there is any doubt whatsoever that they are innocent, and since you didn't do anything wrong there's no way he could have gathered sufficient evidence to get you punished. So don't worry, you're fine!

Answers

• lunadelpalmar
    Options

Thank you for the tips, guys, I removed the screenshot and my steam profile link. I didn't think, I was a little panicky! I feel a lot better now that they were probably trying to scare me, I was scared I was doing something wrong without realizing. Hugs to both!

• FireHazard
    edited December 2019
    Options

The concept of a "BP exploit" is subjective, since they didn't specify what he did anyways. And by subjective, I mean the forums and anywhere else has had many documented reports that're under the name "BP exploit."

From what I found, they're either talking about duping BPs... which makes no sense and how would you even know they're doing that anyways? Or they're talking about some exploit from around 2018 to early 2019 that allowed you to cancel everyones progress by DCing... I think? And than it would remove their items and BPs... or something?

I don't honestly know, because they didn't explain anything in the post-chat. They just said "EXPLOIT" and basically left... while also apparently saying they submitted a report when the game ended... somehow...?

(Both of these examples don't really have any documented proof of existing... so... idk).

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Options

The BP exploit wasn't even mentioned by the accuser. The only person that mentioned it was what seemed to be a random person who was just making a suggestion as to what the accuser could possibly be referring to. Contextual clues make me think that that's not even what the accuser themselves was talking about, so I think the real issue is something completely different and the "BP exploit" part is largely irrelevant.

• FireHazard
    Options

Who knows honestly, their profile has nothing on it anyways... (the OPs from their link) and the images provided don't really show anything else to tip us off to something.

It just shows us the post-chat box and that's it, if it had something to do with the stats or perks or add-ons than we'd need the full image with everyones names cut out for obvious reasons.

I also went off of what the other accuser said to get an idea of what they mean, since they also could be skeptical to whatever fishy thing that happened... which we have no information on since we weren't there.

What an... interesting claim by the accuser I guess? The OP shouldn't really be worried about it, since if they know they weren't exploiting than they'll be fine.

• lunadelpalmar
    Options

I'm relatively new, and the guy saying I was exploiting was lvl 16 or something, so I'm guessing that you guys are right and he just doesn't know how Killer Instinct works, xd He was hiding and I kept running straight towards him, I bet he just thought I had maphacks or something.