The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Have you ever disconnected from a match?

ppo8820
ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

Have you ever DC’d from a game due to a killer being toxic or for other reasons?

Have you ever disconnected from a match? 63 votes

Yes - killer was toxic
14%
grayon444Agent47zmassani[Deleted User]SlimyTacotekkersqtHazDaBoippo8820HayT 9 votes
No
14%
FallenRanger0Donnycshadow3989tenoresaxLofepramineThe_Meh_TehPokGabbieBenVuk 9 votes
Yes - other reasons
71%
Mc_HartyBossAdelooAjaxGuntersonMister_xDFibijeanBlade92VolantConch1719Spartagone45AcesthetiicarslaNInnCognitoMicheal_MyersElkAven_Fallen_HSboom04_TAGGrootDudexEaWalker_of_the_fog_96 45 votes

Comments

• SebaOutbreak
    SebaOutbreak Member Posts: 399
    Yes - other reasons

I only ragequitted once and I still regret it:

A Plague was tunneling me and I simply was not having a good day prior to that. That felt like the last thing I needed, so after someone unhooked me and she downed me again in, like, 10 seconds, I quitted. Just for the record, I don't consider tunneling a toxic attitude, that's why I chose "other reasons".

I've never DC'd from a match since then. It's dumb and it only hurts your teammates. And if the killer is being toxic, then it's kinda a win for him too.

Simple lesson learned: Don't play a competitive game if you're having a bad day.

• The_Meh_Teh
    The_Meh_Teh Member Posts: 136
    No

Never quit. Never will.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Yes - other reasons

Only on gamebreaking bugs. Bugs where I am physically forced to disconnect, or where one side can hold the game hostage.

• Walker_of_the_fog_96
    Walker_of_the_fog_96 Member Posts: 1,238
    Yes - other reasons

It has happened to me 3 times but I have disconnected due to real-life emergencies.

:(

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Yes - other reasons

Crashes.

• SlimyTaco
    SlimyTaco Member Posts: 133
    Yes - killer was toxic

I very rarely dc, but I have done it before.

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Yes - other reasons

i only DC for a valid reason.

my latest DC was around a month ago when my game got super laggy uppon entering a certain level in the rift (and getting an error message), so when i tried playing i had to DC from the game as it was literally unplayable.

i think i DCed twice because of that... the lags got better with time, though i am far behind on the rift right now (lvl 61)... :(

• VolantConch1719
    VolantConch1719 Member Posts: 1,211
    Yes - other reasons

A while ago, my internet was somewhat flaky. This caused unintentional disconnects every now and then.

Also, infinite loading screens, when they were an issue.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609
    Yes - other reasons

Most of the times cuz the internet connection, sometimes because I get a little bit of mad (just a lil bit)

• jes
    jes Member Posts: 6
    Yes - other reasons

Only if my internet crashes but never did it on purpose.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    Yes - other reasons

Two times I manually disconnected, I was stuck due to a gamebreaking glitch. The third was because I was suddenly called away to something out of the house.

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555
    Yes - other reasons

Rage quitted only one time in my life and i still regret it even tho it was kinda justified after a very bad day and then you get facecamped, enough for me

the other times i disconnected is because of game breaking bugs

• Kagari_Leha
    Kagari_Leha Member Posts: 555
    Yes - other reasons

gotta play stardew valley when you have bad days lmao

btw, never rage quit, basically 90% of the killers will be like "AWESOME, NOW IT'S A FREE WIN :D" which is awful. I know that cuz of the numerous times people were disconnecting one after the other, and the one alive ? well, gotta hook that survivor, after all, i need my points ahah

even got slugged to death by a spirit who decided that after 3 DCs, she would just let me bleed out on the floor while doing head nods like i did some uber toxic things to her

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Yes - other reasons

My system fans tired out. From playing this game.

• Awakey
    Awakey Member Posts: 3,145
    Yes - other reasons

I try not to, but I've had glitches where the only option was to DC. Ex: Trapper trap glitch.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Yes - other reasons

Bugs.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763
    Yes - killer was toxic

Damn. I’ve had days like that too. Where my gaming is literally cursed.

• Agent47
    Agent47 Member Posts: 14
    edited January 2020
    Yes - killer was toxic

My community team "The Hex DC's" always DC as soon as one of us realises we are Hex Ruined...we all party DC together.

It is to much to deal with whilst ruining the fun. Hex Ruin should only pause...not regress.

• InnCognito
    InnCognito Member Posts: 720
    Yes - other reasons

I use to NOT do "this" nearly as much. The game use to NEVER be this frustrating until June 2019 and feeling like it was unfair either way. It kind of sinks in that when one feels powerless in a game. That more people become frustrated.

• then4321
    then4321 Member Posts: 234
    Yes - other reasons

I'll sometimes dc to give the other person hatch.

This discussion has been closed.