Do you think gens get done way too quickly ?

13»

Comments

• yadielrodriguez
    yadielrodriguez Member Posts: 515

I got a 4k today with wraith no Ruins and 4 gens left

• Tenebro
    Tenebro Member Posts: 89

I managed to do that with the wraith perkless and addonless, with all the 7 gens almost untouched at rank 1 against rank 2 and 1 survivors. This confirm that the game is in survivors hands, and that there are a lot of surv that throw their game away ... maybe to have fun, maybe to achieve some Archives challenge, who knows. I also managed to destroy a full equipped red rank spirit with pink mori, with perkless and addonless survivor.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318

I don't see your point. Are you satirically pointing out how people lie and exaggerate to prove their point on here?

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Short answer: Yes gen speed is way to fast. Biggest problem is that it doesn't seem to be balanced around anything other than 1 survivor spending 80 seconds on a gen, which is almost never the case. You can cut a gen down to less than 30 seconds to finish from start to finish if you want, even with ruin.

• Tenebro
    Tenebro Member Posts: 89

I want to point out that this game is balanced in its unbalance, the devs know it, but people still try to defend ones side or another reporting examples that ... don't mean nothing.

One real problem is that some games finish too early, due to the extreme snowball power survs have early game. One single error or simply being unlucky to find soon a survivor can cost the entire match for the killer. This is why many killers run Ruin, in the hope to slow down just a bit the pace of the early moments.

Viceversa, a single survivor game experience can be destroyed by a killer if he decides to tunnel. Even if this behavior could cost the killer match too, the single survivor experience is ruined for that game. This is why many survs run Decisive Strike.

I know it's hard to balance an asymmetrical game, but there are some easy fixes suggested over time by the community that devs refuse or simply ignore. Devs are following the road that will make this game even more hard to balance, maybe they gave up with Dead by Daylight trying to squeeze out the most from it, to gather the resources to make a Dead by Daylight 2 with the base core gameplay finally changed. But from my point of view is sad seeing people trying to defend one side or another, thinking this game has some sort of balance. That's why I wrote that.

• Runcore
    Runcore Member Posts: 328
    edited January 2020

Absolutely yes. The speed is too fast. Im experimenting with tinkerer perk on Freddy. Yesterday I was playing, when tinkerer poped up I immediately start porting to gen. Before I completed port gen was done. So 15% of gen was completed before freddy port animation is finished (about 4s). 15% in 4s is ridiculous even I had swing chains addon. How you can even make pressure with such a crazy gen speed. That is great problem that needs to be fixed asap by slowing down gen progress or adding another key objective for survivors to slow down game. Another option is adding 1-2 fake generators but is not possible for survivors doing gen progress so insanely fast and forcing killers to waste perk slot for ruin to even have chance to win.

Post edited by Runcore on
  • yadielrodriguez
    yadielrodriguez Member Posts: 515

Yea so see ruins is not necessarily unless you are a weak killer but top killer don't need it.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

For me they do as killer but as survivor feel like they take ages. I’m a newer killer player so I know it’s a matter of time until I figure this ######### out and as a beast.