Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Should "The Clown" have a new map?

Options

Hello. When I saw the trailer for the Curtain Call chapter, I was thinking that we were going to have an entire circus as a map. When I saw what we got, I was mildly disappointed. Don't get me wrong, the chapel is a good map by itself but it doesn't feel that it was meant for the clown. Let me explain; The Doctor has his own hospital that covers the entire map. The Plague has her temple in the middle of the map. But for The Clown, he has a chapel in the middle of the map and a carnival in one side of it. I don't know if the chapel is relevant for his lore or not but it feels out of place for me. That map can stay in the game but i would like to have another map that would really show that it's for the clown just like other maps for their specific killer. What do you think about this?

Best Answers

• Fibijean
    Fibijean Member Posts: 8,342
    Answer ✓
    Options

I think in some ways, having the circus and the Clown's caravan just become part of an existing realm suits his lore better. The Clown didn't really have any one location that was central to his story the way that the other killers you mentioned did - his nomadic lifestyle was a big part of his character and the way he went about his killing, and it's implied that that's how he stumbled upon the Entity's realm in the first place, just by traveling around in his caravan.

The chapel is actually more associated with the Nurse's lore than the Clown's. According to the official wiki, "Father Campbell worked as an on-site Priest for the Crotus Prenn Asylum. He had his own little Chapel on the Asylum's premises and died inside its confessional." My guess would be that they wanted to make a new map for the chapter but didn't want to make an entire map devoted to the Clown for the aforementioned lore-related reasons, so they made a new "Nurse" map and made a Clown-themed section with his caravan and a few circus tents. The more I think about it, the more I think it makes the most sense to just have his caravan appear in an existing map rather than give him a map all to himself, so personally I feel like that was the right decision.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Answer ✓
    Options

@adamasutojr

Personally, The Chapel is an ok map for The Clown. Should it be changed though? That really depends on if the community hates The Clowns current map, if the map feels uninspired, etc.

But personally, I like The Chapel and the other associated maps to The Clown... it's fits well with the theme of a traveling circus act. If it was something extravagant like a massive circus tent with all these creatures and areas, than that would be cool too.

But tbh, I think is map is fine the way it is... in terms of theme and atmosphere, it fits the bill pretty well.

as for the current map itself...

I believe the Chapel is kind of a staple of what The Clowns theme is... he's a travel circus act, therefore the chapel is just one of the many random locations he visits as he goes about his traveling act.

I don't personally think the Chapel has any real purpose, other than to be a main building for the map itself. Regardless, it still does fit with the idea of what The Clown is and how his lore was constructed.

Plus, the caravan he travels in isn't really big in the first place... it's more akin to an older style of a traveling circus, rather than a modernized one. Plus, a traveling circus isn't always comprised of a few dozen acts and animals and such... it can really just be a handful of acts and a main carriage that goes from place to place.

I think that's the theme of what they were going for here, it's kind of an older take on a "one man act" type circus act, rather than an entire circus the clown takes with him... since if he did, he couldn't really effectively kill people I suppose? His caravan is very unique, silent, and out of its way... making it more unique to how mysterious it is while not taking away from The Clowns theme.

This was kind of a ramble, but that's my opinion on it at least. I think the map is fine the way it is, but if they changed it, I wouldn't mind that either.