It's more fun for Killer to De-rank than play at high ranks.

Just as the title says. I've had more fun just straight out losing the matches than trying to sweat them out against a full team of meta perks and 6+ ranks over me. It's really that simple. Really shows how un-fun playing the game the intended way really is.

Comments

• premiumRICE
    premiumRICE Member Posts: 798

Its the same thing as 3k hours surv main playing in green ranks

• Omans
    Omans Member Posts: 1,081

A killer who should actually be rank 1 shouldn't have fun deranking. Games are too easy even at purple ranks.

• YaiPa
    YaiPa Member Posts: 1,929

Well depends, as a Huntress it's pretty boring facing yellow ranks who don't even look behind, so you basically stop predicting movements and you go for boring pallet throws shots.

• luka2211
    luka2211 Member Posts: 1,433
  • Ashlich
    Ashlich Member Posts: 119

Killers at green rank getting constantly paired with Red ranks isn't exactly our cup of tea. Not gonna even try to sweat it out against people that know everything about the game.

• Ashlich

There honest to god isn't. I'm pretty new. Roughly 40 hours and you'd think making it further into the ranks would be fun, rewarding, but no. It's constant sweaty match after sweaty match and god help you if you dare swap off the killer you had been leveling.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

By deranking intentionally makes survivor queues longer due to the lack of killers. A lack of killers in high ranks are mainly due to intentional deranking (and some migration from killer mains to survivor mains).

• Primalux135
    Primalux135 Member Posts: 1,045

As the post creator said maybe its cuz you need to be a tryharder instead of playing relaxed

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,085

Imagine OP would have been talking about deranking as Survivor. The Shitstorm on this forum would be real.

• Ashlich

Honestly? They can suffer the wait times. They make it unbearable for the remaining killers willing to put up with the nonsense that goes on.

• Ashlich

Well yea, Even at my measly 40 hours I can tell how heavily biased this game is toward survivors. Nobody cares about the killers, we are just supposed to suck it up and deal with it so 4 other people can enjoy themselves while we get ######### on.

• tetsuo
    tetsuo Member Posts: 151

I only play killer with Moris now, that's the only way to have fun and make survivors feel frustrated

• Mellow7
    Mellow7 Member Posts: 793

Green and purple are tolerable since the Killers in those ranks aren't very good, but anything below green you just get the most dumb survivors in the world they blow up gens every second, go down to killer in 8 seconds and nothing gets down because they hook bomb.

• Mellow7

Because survivors don't need to de rank, survivor is just naturally more fun than killer, less stress and less focus you have to put in as survivor so you can goof off and chill. I don't think you understand that people don't wanna play video games to feel stressed. Why would I torture myself playing Killer against rank 1 swfs when I can just switch the role and have a much greater experience overall.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

I don't think it will matter if you derank as killer, I am only at rank 8 but I am always matched up with rank 2, 3, and 4 survivors.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

I think the difference is that killers do it so they won't get bullied, survivors do it so they can bully.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Red ranks aren't for everyone - you are more likely to come across survivors who know the game and aren't just lambs waiting to be slaughtered. Though that may change with the new rank reset rules - more lambs are probably finding their way into red. Full SWF who know the game are just going to win most times - history shows good intel usually wins wars. I'll usually just go into meme mode at that point.

Like have been stated previously getting fixated and sweaty on killing everyone just puts stress on yourself to the point you will actually perform poorly or toss away any human decency. Let what happens happen.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,085

Neither side should derank to have lower Tier Opponents.

But well, Killers are Snowflakes.

• FriendlyGuy
    FriendlyGuy Member Posts: 2,768

Smurfs are basically toxic too. If you like easy wins, go smurf. Sadly you got a really small salami then.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529

Deranking as killer won't get you anyhere. Matchmaking now matches yellow rank killers with red rank survivors on a regular basis. You can't escape them!

• wladimiiir
    wladimiiir Member Posts: 142

Wait a second. Since when rank means anything?

One game I experience red ranks who are very very good, the other game I just play casually because they (other red ranks) play like brown ranks and I don't want to torture them.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110

I’d prefer facing red rank survivors who actually pay attention and challenge me.

• kcwolf1975
    kcwolf1975 Member Posts: 651

That was probably me, i suck as survivor but i somehow wound up in the red ranks.

Seems way too easy to pip as survivor (especially in comparison to killer)

• DaGreenBolt
    DaGreenBolt Member Posts: 453

Wait what, did BHVR really change the MM to have yellow killers face red ranks?

• KuromiStarwind
    KuromiStarwind Member Posts: 325
    edited December 2019

The crazy thing for me at red ranks is that even when I do really well, or even if I do kill even 3 people, maybe even everyone, it does not change the fact it's often just a miserable, frustrating experience. I mean sure, I play games against potatoes a lot, too, and that's just as unfun. And that's generally why I just play other games, take a break, playing PoE has been a ton of fun. I see a looot of killers simply playing survivor, and doing the tome challenges so they get something out of it.

I think there's a lot of problems at red ranks that just generally will never be fixed because the devs aren't capable or able to balance the game around SWF or around all ranks. A lot of the tools survivors have are just frustrating, the second chance perks kinda just make me not want to play themselves, so I stick to survivor.

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291

This is more the crux of the issue. You only have 40 hours which is a tiny amount in DBD terms and haven't even scratched the surface of the games knowledge. For sush a simple concept it takes a lot of thinking and has a lot of tactics which need to be used more so on the killer side.

The game puts all players into one pool so you have a chance even at low ranks to verse someone with say 3k hours on either side as rank doesnt mean much of anything apart from getting an achievement.

The Matchmaking is bugged atm as you will see red rank survivors v green and brown killers and red rank killer v full green and yellow survivors. For some reason its not finding the correct rank which seems to have been made worse with the change made before the holidays to eleviate queue times.

There also seems to be a disparity of survivors v killers at set ranks in some regions. This seems to be inline with the challenges being released as more are moving over to play the side they wouldnt normally. When they do this is tends to say they will be in the lower end due to not playing them as much.

So If 100 killers move over it affect the queues for 100% of survivor games at high rank while is 100 survivors move over it only affect 25% of those queues. this means the red ranks expand much the same as the brown rank for killers so right now you end up being matched with those you arent ready to meet at any and all ranks due to a few issues.

• Colton147
    Colton147 Member Posts: 523

Intentional deranking pubstomps people who are not better than you, which may result in the people in lower ranks frustrated. It wouldn't really be fair to them.

• Mikeasaurus
    Mikeasaurus Member Posts: 2,327

I've noticed pipping as Survivor is way easier too. I'm literal garbage at loops and chases. I can maybe get lucky and distract the killer for a minute or so, but even then I seem to gain a pip or 2 at the results.

• Mellow7

Sounds like something a survivor main would say why am I not surprised. Lol