Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

What is the best map for the archive challenge six feet under ?

Options
Toastyy
Toastyy Member Posts: 226

What the title says trying to do this challenge and was wondering what is the best basement for this challenge ?

Best Answers

Answers

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267
    Options

I'm thinking about Trapper and using his traps for theses maps. For other killers I wouldn't know very well. Groaning Store House, Iron Works or Misery, Gas Heaven and Léry's Memorial Institute. (as Trapper)

Sanctum or Wraith might be a good one for it, because of the tall grass that no one can see nothing through.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

@Toastyy

With everything said above, you'll want something like Ormond for the most part... the basement can either spawn in the middle of the map, making it a MASSIVE advantage for this challenge. Or it can spawn at the shack, making this challenge really difficult.

While some people suggest you just use LeatherFace and monitor the middle building of maps like Ormond, Coal Tower, etc... i'm going to suggest you do something different.

Rather than camping the central area of the map when someone is in the basement, you should instead just play with a Killer that you're best with. Instead though, you'll use Agitation and Iron Grasp to put them in the basement when they're on death hook, rather than relying on the possibility of their team suicide for the rescue.

If you use a map like Ormond, this becomes a trivial task tbh. Just snow ball in the match with your best Killer, than when everyone is on death hook, you instead bring them to the basement to die! Once they all die in the basement, it's basically a done deal.

But that's just my opinion, so...

It's up to you tbh, you can try using a very defensive Killer like LeatherFace for the basement defense, or you can go a different route and make this easier or harder for yourself... it honestly depends on how well you play, your rank, and how often you can 4k.

If you're fine with all those, than this should be easy for you. Just focus on using maps with that BEST basement RNG spawn and you'll be fine. Maps like Ormond (I personally would use this map for this challenge) Coal Tower, Gas Heaven (Kind meh) Lery's, etc.

You can also try using Trapper as well!

Trapper by his namesake can trap the basement entrances and windows to try and capture more Survivors into the basement! Once this happens, you can do this again and either lose them all in the basement (if the Survivors are good enough to rescue them both) or capture another and basically have 3 out of 4 Survivors downed/hooked!

That or like I've been saying... LeatherFace... using something like Territorial imperative can let you know if someone is going into the basement. This will make it easier for you to play normally (if you want) and than go back for the basement entrance if you see their aura go into the basement.

It's for players that don't really want to proxy camp or camp the basement like me... that's why I did the first option above! (Where I just played normally and than hooked them all in the basement on death hook. Basically 1 by 1 to make sure the last one doesn't escape into the hatch).

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Shelter Woods is probably the best.

• If you have Agi/IG you can get them to basement from almost anywhere.
    • If you are Trapper/Huntress/Bubba you can protect the basement really hard.
    • This map sucks for survivors in general, fewest strong pallets.

So just offer Macmil bones until you get it. All the maps are pretty good for basement builds. Ironworks is probably the worst but it could be done.

Pick Demo with Agi, Iron Grasp, Territorial, and MYC. Get someone in basement and place a portal at the top of the steps. When Territorial procs, place a portal and wait for MYC to hit before teleporting. That's probably the best way to do it.

• inferjus
    inferjus Member Posts: 479
    Options

You don't need good map. You need stupid survivors.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

I personally think wreckers yard would be the best basement for this challenge. The basement is always in the middle of the map and the map is fairly small to boot. If you use a basement build, you can make it there from almost anywhere.

Father Campbells and Mt Ormond are also good if the basement is in the middle building.

• FireHazard
    Options

Not entirely true, if the basement is in the corner of the map... than it's a lot harder to pull off a snowball with it.

• GHERBEARRULES
    GHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 265
    Options

If you have Leatherface, grind him to to get the perks Agitation, Iron Grasp, Monstrous Shrine, and Territorial Imperative, that is the ultimate basement build that will get you that archive challenge in at most 3 matches.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

Wreckers' Yard

Small map, with a garunteed basement in the middle. It also features no god loops, so its a fairly balanced map, a rare occurence in Dbd indeed.

• FireHazard
    Options

I actually forgot Wreckers' Yard existed...

I'm not even kidding, I only ever see Blood Lodge and Gas Heaven for the most part... in terms of AutoHaven Wreckers maps.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,327
    Options

I would go for Autohaven or MacMillan. Those can be quite good for Killer in general, because they can have a small size, which also makes it easier to carry people to the Basement (except Suffocation Pit and Resting Place can be difficult with that).

Ironically I got my challenge on Thompsons House (with the Basement in the House).