What do you want for 2020 in DBD?

Options

I would like crossplay!

You?

Comments

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413
    Options

Definitely cross play. I wanted it way more than I ever wanted dedicated servers.

Some more perk buffs/reworks would be great too. It's nice to get some niche perks that turn into decent tools.

• terumisan
    terumisan Member Posts: 1,293
    Options

Cross progress for all and cross platform only between consoles

• Eninya
    Eninya Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Hillbilly nerfs more than anything.

A reason to care about ranking as a secondary reason.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited January 2020
    Options

Bug fixes. Like sound, "auto-aim", et cetera.

Better optimisation for all platforms.

Better dedicated servers, if possible.

Quality of life changes, like making struggling on hook automatic.

Balance solutions regarding chasetime and/or generatortime, as well as controversial perks like Insidious, NOED, DS, BT (which keeps getting buffed with every patch as of now), and map reworks.

Closing the gap between solos and SWF.

• PapiQuentin_
    PapiQuentin_ Member Posts: 889
    Options

For Devotion to actually mean something.

This could mean a charm that shows your devotion level or cosmetics for every survivor/killer of your choice (NOT LEGACY).

Gameplay wise? I'd want more perks that would be meta efficient for both sides as well as the momentum change for vaults being removed

• kreeper124
    kreeper124 Member Posts: 491
    Options

Cross progress definitely. I want to play on PC again but I have almost every killer on Xbox so I don't wanna have to buy them all again

• immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

Insta saw no longer exists..fast rev is a world different

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396
    edited January 2020
    Options

A new perk that would let me dodge a killer during a chase by either performing a roll or cartwheel away from their strike.

An Egyptian Pyramid themed map.

More affordable cosmetics.

Cosmetics that I could use with all of my characters.

Shirtless Michael Meyers

Speedo David

Panda Costume Feng Min

Daisy Dukes Dwight

More emotes for both roles. Creepy nod, “No” finger wag, and thumbs down for killer. Distracting shout (with a 2 min cool down) for survivors.

Trapper starting with 4 traps, and being immune to his own traps.

Devs keep to their word and iron out a lot of the bugs, optimize the game for all platforms and finally introduce crossplay.

People stop complaining about things that the devs have already addressed.

Post edited by AvisDeene on
  • immortalls96
    immortalls96 Member Posts: 4,652
    Options

If it's so overpowered why does nobody use it then..? I see other addon combos favored..so forgive me if I raise an eyebrow

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410
    Options

For another year of fun with the game! :D

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,683
    Options

Screw cross play. Unless it was console to console. I'd be down for that. But PC players can rot. As far as what I want to see in 2020 is the same thing I've wanted since I first started playing... alternate game modes.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413
    Options

"Instasaw" reduces charge time by 0.7 seconds, or 24%. Not really instantaneous.

• Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614
    Options
    • Wraith's super-lunge fixed
    • Wraith actually uncloaked after getting Lightburned
    • Wraith consistently uncloaked after breaking a Pallet using Spirit Fury+Enduring
    • Wailing Bell Charm
    • Being able to sell back Items, Add-ons & Offerings for 5-10% of how much they're worth, or simply being able to delete them
    • Being able to buy however many Auric Cells you want instead of packs
    • Buff more (Within reason.), nerf less (Within reason.)
    • Being able to change Aura colors to your liking
    • Matchmaking at least no longer like how it is now
    • Optional crossplay
    • Blood Lodge massive changes to not make it so open & Pallet heaven
    • Being able to go into first-person in the shop when shopping for Killer main weapon cosmetics so you can see what that weapon will look like while you're playing
    • Being able to look at your cosmetics separate from your character so you can see what it looks like from as close as possible, like how you can with Charms now
    • Killer Charms on more objects so Survivors can see them more often than just when on the Hook/rescuing a hooked Survivor (I nominate at least Generators & Lockers.)
    • The volume of just-hooked Survivors' screams turned down
    • The disconnect punishment system in its finished state
    • "Emblem Bonus" XP being more than close than nothing
    • Luck affecting more than Bear Traps & unhooking yourself (Naturally, i nominate at least Chest searches.)
    • Blindness rework?
    • Haemorrhage buff/rework?

That's all i can think of for now.

• Waffleyumboy
    Waffleyumboy Member Posts: 7,318
    Options

Tf you mean buff more nerf less? Don't you want god maps nerfed? How about "nerf what needs a nerf and buff what needs a buff" idk why people are so paranoid about nerfs.

• Boss
    Options

I mean that i simply like buffs more in general than nerfs.

Never even mentioned maps in general, just Blood Lodge.

I'm not being paranoid, read sentence #1 of this comment.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

I can respect liking buffs more than nerfs but I personally understand nerfs need to have priority. Not to mention bug fixes.

• ProfoundEnding
    ProfoundEnding Member Posts: 2,334
    Options

An old lady survivor.

• Boss
    Options

If you don't mind, i'll mention why i think that way.

This is not to convince you or anything, think what you want, just thought it's worth saying...

If something's too strong, it'll get nerfed way quicker than something that's too weak gets buffed.

And i know why: Synergies with other equipment could make it way too strong, but that doesn't mean too weak stuff isn't commonly left in the dirt.

Because everyone uses strong stuff and thus bothers everyone else with it, but way less pick weak stuff and it wouldn't be that big of a bother to anyone else if they use it anyway.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    edited January 2020
    Options

I would like to add a few fixes.

• Fix Nurse's blink sometimes taken away by the game. Turning you into a 1-blink, sometimes even no-blink Nurse for the rest of the trial.
    • Fix Nurse's post-blink lunge. It sometimes legit goes further, and sometimes goes less far.
    • Fix Myers's and Ghostface stalking. Being able to stalk survivors through walls, and sometimes not being to stalk them even in plain sight.
    • Spirit's post-phase lunge is bugged just like Wraith. They changed her speed curve, but she still is supposed to get an extended lunge.
    • Clown's bottles sometimes don't do anything. They explode on the spot, but without releasing any gas. Though, maybe thats dedicated servers?
  • Boss
    Options

Ah, my bad for that.

I just almost exclusively play Wraith, you see?

So i don't really encounter bugs on other Killers all that often, unless they're super-consistent. 🤭

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Console Optimization

Cross-Progress/Play

Legion and Doctor Changes

Map Reworks (AND LESS BADHAM)

Ghost Face and Myers Stalking through corn

Dedicated Servers actually working

More things to do in general

• AsePlayer
    AsePlayer Member Posts: 1,829
    edited January 2020
    Options

Better matchmaking and queue times over literally anything else.

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,659
    Options

My Legacy 3 Claudette and Hillbilly returned...

• TheMonadoBoi
    TheMonadoBoi Member Posts: 345
    Options

Literally just a rebalance of SWF/solo survs.

That's it. Yet it's probably not happening.

• AsePlayer
    Options
  • Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669
    Options

my wishlist?

• survivor objective times fixed (secondary objectives?)
    • mori / key rework
    • legion rework
    • map balancing (HADDONFIELD!!!!!)

these are my biggest ones.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options

Totem counter, chase indicator, killer camping indicator.

• TheMonadoBoi
    Options

The easiest most effective way in my opinion would be to add an in game comms wheel like the one used in Overwatch. This way all survivor teams can be coordinated without the need of actually having to talk (and abuse a voice chat system with noise, insults, etc) and devs can buff ALL killers to be able to deal with high rank teams, and allowing low ranks to help each other improve and understand the game better.

• AsePlayer
    Options

I feel like that would totally destroy the feel of Dead by Daylight though. First person shooter command wheels don't belong in an asymmetrical horror game imo.

• TheMonadoBoi
    Options

Well problem is it stopped being a horror game about 3 years ago didn't it?

It's only terrifying for survivors with less than 20 hours and sacrificing the biggest portion's fun to create a scary experience is just poisonous for the health of the game.

• Waffleyumboy
    Options
  • AsePlayer
    Options

Okay, let me rephrase it then. First person shooter command wheels don't belong in an asymmetrical game that attempts to have horror elements in it imo.

• TheMonadoBoi
    Options

Why not? People thought RPG elements didn't belong in a TBS game yet Fire Emblem Three Houses was one of the most successful in the series. Same with the pace change in FFXII, the examples are endless.

One little feature used in a completely different game doesn't make it exclusive to that genre/franchise. An example of the opposite thing is how R6 siege, despite being an FPS game would definitely NOT benefit from this system since it requires more precise callouts and not to lose visual on what's happening in front of you.

• AsePlayer
    Options

I'm not denying that it would be helpful, I'm just saying I wouldn't like it personally. It would just destroy the vibe I get from DBD as a game.

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    Options

Cross play is a definite for me

• TheMonadoBoi
    Options

Then it's just the vibe you create for yourself. Think of it the other way, a killer that likes playing to feel that vibe of hunting players down and kill them and it gets destroyed by a 4 man of tbagging Blendettes.

• AsePlayer
    Options

Kinda comparing apples to oranges there. Base game possibilities vs adding new features/mechanics.

It just wouldn't feel good to me to have extra communication in the game aside from the ways survivors can already do it: hook wiggling, pointing, etc. The game at least TRIES to be an asymmetrical "horror" game, this would just make it even less "horror" than it already is.

• Bigboifordays
    Bigboifordays Member Posts: 17
    Options

Crossplay.

Pennywise.

• Star99er
    Star99er Member Posts: 1,431
    Options

Crossplay, FPS issues on Console fixed, and more focus on perk balancing. Over 1/4 of the perks in the game just aren’t worth running. *waits for Monstrous Shrine to be meta*

• Jacksansyboy
    Jacksansyboy Member Posts: 174
    Options

Cross platform would be nice, but mostly, i just want them to calm down and stop making new stuff, stop balancing things, just take a while to smooth the game out. Fix the bugs, maybe add an actual settings page, and while it doesn't affect me, colorblind support. And take the time to fix some of the maps. They also need to stop nerfing the big killers, and just lightly buff the weaker killers, which they are kind of doing, like they did with Freddy, and now they have one planned for doctor, adjusting him and his map. And not really important, but it would be cool and fun if they upped the wow factor on moris for wraith, billy, and trapper, since they have such simple ones when you have like the demogorgon, hag, and the oni.

• Chunkyymunky
    Chunkyymunky Member Posts: 6
    Options

Some kind of reward for ranking , my globe sized hotbox to be reduced while vaulting windows and a billy nerf .

• OGBatDad69
    OGBatDad69 Member Posts: 32
    Options

I want cross play because I play on ps4 and would love to show up some keyboard players

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,005
    Options

Map changes? You know, one of the fundamental elements of this game that the devs ignore so they can spam cosmetics?

• DBDIT
    DBDIT Member Posts: 172
    Options

Updates that don't cause other breaks, glitches to happen. Also, a perk like "pharmacy" but with flashlights

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    Options

To give Nea an Entity Charm... FREE