Would it be fair? Hear me out..

I think it's fair to say that most people agree that gen speed is somewhat an issue, right?

I have one simple idea that I think would be fair for both sides. Here goes.. gen speed stays the same... but when you fail a skill check you can't work the generator for let's say 8-10 seconds? When someone is using a toolbox the gen stop could be few seconds longer. This would allow killers to actually check gens that are farther away because it wouldn't be that safe for survs to just proceed doing the gen if they make a mistake, some maps are big you know. Killer actually has a fair change to slow gens particularly when there's 2 people doing the gen. This would also make the risk doing great skill checks higher, this makes a big difference timewise sometimes and it would make survivors focus more and not just drool when doing gens. Also I think this would 100% reduce tunneling at least a fair amount.

When ruin is up the effect would stay the same, making just good skill checks would not stop you from doing the gen longer than it is currently. If you fail at it you have to leave the gen essentially..

This way everything would be a bit more skill based but the gen speed would be the same, fair right? I think it would be step in the right direction. What would you guys think?

Comments