Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

Kindred VS Undetectable

Options

I remember hearing the devs mention in a stream that Kindred is the only aura perk that beats Undetectable, but I just had a game against a SM Myers while using Kindred and I was not shown his aura.

Can a dev confirm if this is supposed to be the case? @Almo perhaps?

Best Answer

Answers

• mistar_z
    mistar_z Member Posts: 857
    Options

Was this Myers tier 1?

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

Yes but it doesn't matter because he's just given Undetectable now. I know OOO/Alert/etc aren't supposed to work but they said Kindred is supposed to trump Undetectable. Happened against a Ghostface too.

So either I misheard the devs or this is a bug.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited January 2020
    Options

@thesuicidefox

Here's the link to the patch notes that provide this information:

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/108852/patch-notes-3-4-0-cursed-legacy#latest

the change to kindred

"Kindred: When another Survivor is on the hook, see the aura of all other Survivors (and Killer if they are in range)."

I believe it was left out that the undetectable status effect ignores this... since it's common place that this is supposed to be the case. And despite the stream explaining that Kindred is the exception to this, it was indeed an intended change to not have it reveal the Killers auras while the effect is active.

It's also probably due to the Open Handed + Kindred combo, but that's a theory... not a fact.

update (edited)

So, since Almo confirmed it below... and I can't read things apparently, it seems that the perk was indeed changed to reflect how the status is supposed work. Meaning Kindred before was an exception, but now it's not... but you already read that below so, no use in repeating it ha ha.

So yeah, Kindred was changed to reflect the status effects purpose.

Post edited by FireHazard on
  • thesuicidefox
    Options

Thanks for the feedback.

However I just saw this game today and it seems Kindred does trump Insidious.

Unless this was somehow before such changes were made, but I'm fairly positive that True uploads his games to Youtube within a few days of the stream.

To be honest I'm fine with Kindred beating stealth abilities. You guys should reconsider this, maybe just add a stipulation to Kindred that states "Kindred will trump Undetectable." I know it's not consistent, but it's literally one perk and a perk that is mainly meant for solos and to counter hook camping. If anything maybe only have the effect take place when the one using Kindred is on the hook ("Kindred will trump Undetectable when you are hooked.").

• FireHazard
    edited January 2020
    Options

It was talked about before that Insidious is trumped by Kindred, I believe later on it was given the undetectable status effect... but unless that video is before the change than it still seems to counter it.

How recent is that video?

• thesuicidefox
    Options

Well considering that he is even using Kindred it has to be after the Dec 3rd patch.

And I'm fairly sure that he uploads games to Youtube within a week. This match was from just around Christmas at the latest, and we haven't had any updates since Dec 11th.

• FireHazard
    edited January 2020
    Options

Well it was changed to have the undetectable status effect on December in the 3.4.0 patch notes. I can't get the exact date due to it just saying December 2019 as a whole...

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/108852/

Anyways, if the game was around Christmas and the update was a bit before or after... than it's unknown if this game too place before or after the insidious perk update...

Regardless, if it was before the patch THAN it makes sense why it doesn't work on Kindred since it didn't before... if it takes place AFTER the patch than it must be working off of how Kindred was before they changed it to not trump any stealth abilities.

Or maybe by stealth abilities they mean the Killers undetectable status effect and not perks like Insidious... its just too uncertain to know for sure tbh and I personally don't know for sure.

• thesuicidefox
    Options

Dude, the game was recent. Like within a week. So unless the devs did some shadow update in the last 7 days, something is wrong based on what @Almo said above. No need to keep theory crafting just wait for his response.

According to the video, Kindred trumps Undetectable of Insidious. According to my own experience, Kindred does not trump Undetectable of Wraith/Ghostface. According to the dev that posted above, Kindred is NOT supposed to trump Undetectable.

Either it does or it doesn't or it's bugged. Let's wait for an official response if any.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
    Options

Kindred is not supposed to have its "trump" exception anymore. If it is in fact showing a Killer with Undetectable, that is a bug. If you have a good repro of it, please note it in the bug forum! :)

• thesuicidefox
    Options

I will see what I can do. If you watch the entire video you can see Bubba's aura at 2:47, and then you can see he had Insidious at the end of the game (and he doesn't move at all from 2:47 onward but the aura is constant the entire time).

Whether this video is before or after this change I'm not sure but I'm fairly positive it is after. I'll try it in a custom game if I can.

• FireHazard
    Options

I wasn't theory crafting lmao, I was just trying to help you out.

A lot that does these days I guess. Just do what Almo said and try to reproduce a video or something for a bug report.

That's about it, have a nice day!