Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

Who do i have the initializing error

Options
Febb3
Febb3 Member Posts: 49

Hey i got the initializing error and i cant play my brother that are usinh the same wifi is not having this problem but i have can someone fix it?

Answers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited January 2020
    Options

@Febb3

Try verifying the integrity of your game files, you can do so by left clicking on DBD in your library, go to properties, than go to local files and click the last option to verify the files.

If this doesn't work, than you can contact support to have your issue straightened out.

Heres the support link: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

• Febb3
    Options

No i've already tried that

• FireHazard
    Options

Tried what, verifying the files, contacting support, or both?

Cause if both, did you wait for them to respond...? Some people don't, so that's why I ask.

• Febb3
    Options

Yes i did both and when they answered they told me some steps and that didn't work either

• FireHazard
    edited January 2020
    Options
  • Febb3
    edited January 2020
    Options

I tried to reinstall the whole game and i tried to verify the files 3 times and i did their steps that where

1. Launch Dead by Daylight and tab out of it. Make sure it is running in the background
    2. Navigate to your Steam Library. Right-click on "Dead by Daylight" and click "Properties"
    3. Click the "Updates" tab and un-check "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Dead by Daylight" and click "OK"
    4. Close Dead by Daylight running in the background
    5. Navigate to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\(Your Unique ID)\381210" (or similar in your installation directory for Steam
    6. Delete the contents of the folder you're in, which should be a file called "remotecache" and a folder called "remote"
    7. Navigate to your Steam Library. Right-click on "Dead by Daylight" and click "Properties"
    8. Click the "Updates" tab and check "Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for Dead by Daylight" and click "OK"
    9. Exit Steam (this can be done by opening the Steam client, clicking "Steam" from the top-left corner and selecting "Exit" from the drop-down menu)
    10. Start Steam and launch Dead by Daylight. The initialization error should be fixed.

• FireHazard
    edited January 2020
    Options

I assumed you made sure to follow the instructions to a T as well...

Hmm, try contacting them again to let them know it didn't work, in the mean time I'll find some information for you when I'm available to do so. You can also do this by simply looking up the error in question on google.

Here's the support link if needed again: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

• Febb3
    Options

Thanks to everyone i have fixed it now :D

• FireHazard
    Options

Glad to hear it!

Hopefully I was able to help in some way, good luck!