If you were affected by the Grade Reset Bloodpoints not being awarded properly, you will receive any missing Bloodpoints shortly. You may need to restart your game for the rewards to appear. Thank you for your patience!

This Game...

Options
Bint
Bint Member Posts: 60

Seriously though, through all the harsh comments, the whining, the fierce competitiveness of it...I still absolutely love this game!

Let's have some positive comments, shall we? What brings you back playing hour after hour? What is your favourite thing about Dead By Daylight?

Comments

• Baxterchen
    Baxterchen Member Posts: 60
    Options

the doctors laugh

• poo
    poo Member Posts: 5
    Options

The depression it brings when you go against toxic survivors as killer

• Bint
    Options

@Baxterchen said:
    the doctors laugh

And his whimper when he gets pallet-stunned?! Bahahaha!

• Bint
    Options

@poo said:

But what about when you get a really good bunch of survivors? Completely non-toxic, just play the game simply to enjoy it, good conversation after the match, that sort of thing? I know it's few and far between but it does restore faith in humanity ever-so-slightly when it happens!

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options
    The story. Ordinary people (with a couple people experienced in dealing with their own killers) trying to survive and defeat a ancient deity hellbent on conquering their world. All the while trying to avoid the savage creatures that serve it. 
  • ShowMeUrBirb
    ShowMeUrBirb Member Posts: 63
    Options

The most important thing is that as a killer you can be mad only at yourself (and maybe balance of game). Contrary to other games, where even if you played good your team can still loose a game. So you come back to improve and fight against the odds.
    Other aspect is that there are the 1-5% of matches when something incredible happens - 4 downed in basement, Devour Hope with 5 stacks, sniping someone with huntress. Even if it doesn't happen often it gives you a huge boost of motivation to play.
    And of course bloodpoints. Farming bloodpoints to get your favourite characters to III-50 (and all perks). Even if you didn't do well, you know that you made some progress to your goal.

• Bint
    Options

@Detective_Jonathan said:
    The story. Ordinary people (with a couple people experienced in dealing with their own killers) trying to survive and defeat a ancient deity hellbent on conquering their world. All the while trying to avoid the savage creatures that serve it. 

I don't know why, but I really love the killer's menu screen. When they're watching the survivors around the campfire from a distance? Simple but effective!

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Feng Min. I love Feng Min. You love Feng Min. We all love Feng Min.
  • Louped
    Louped Member Posts: 6
    Options

@poo said:

What about the depression of getting facecamped by a toxic killer?

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    Options

The crazy chases.

Recently played a game with OoO and got tunneled all the way down to the last hook. Two survivors were chased out of the gates, and one hid to try to save me while I was downed under a pallet. The Huntress waited and I stalled my Unbreakable till she was standing right above me, and I got up, palleted her, ran to the gate, dodged an axe, and Dead Harded into the gate as soon as it was off CD. Craziest play I've ever gotten away with.

I come back for the thrill.

• Jesya
    Jesya Member Posts: 1,101
    Options

@Baxterchen said:
    the doctors laugh

+1
    Please release it as a ringtone!

• HIPSTERLION
    HIPSTERLION Member Posts: 323
    Options
    Bint said:

@poo said:

But what about when you get a really good bunch of survivors? Completely non-toxic, just play the game simply to enjoy it, good conversation after the match, that sort of thing? I know it's few and far between but it does restore faith in humanity ever-so-slightly when it happens!

I love this game and I already showed my respect to devs but honestly it's not about toxic survivors most of the time , the game itself , the perks !!! Like doesn't matter if a survivor be toxic or not when they hit me with DS that rush comes into my blood to kill them and it's most likely normal . if you watch a horror movie you will see why , like the army guy in " Texas chainsaw massacre : the beginning " who wanted to beat the sh#t out of franklin when he hit them with baton . but at the end of the day no matter what happens I come back to DBD because it's a god damn master piece and it made so many of my wishes in gaming come true .
  • TheScarletPotion
    TheScarletPotion Member Posts: 46
    Options

I love outsmarting the killer when Im survivor I try to minimize any looping In my matches its much more satisfying when you truly outsmart the killer by skill not just running in a circle,drop and repeat.

and in my killer matches I love out smarting survivors tricking them into making moves they think are safe but what I want them to do to get a hit in.

• smityhead
    smityhead Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2018
    Options

One Flashy Boi

• JEWberry
    JEWberry Member Posts: 78
    Options
    The lore interests me a lot in dead by daylight but what used to keep me coming back was just that i loved it. It was my favorite game till many of my friends stopped playing it when i left to play other games on xbox. I decided to wait for balance changes and content before i played the game again. Now it seems that it is time to come back!
  • Bint
    Options

@JEWberry You should definitely come back! The update in June looks to be really fun, and there's a lot that they've done in terms of balance changes! Don't be fooled by all the negativity you see around, it's still a great game!

• Bint
    Options

@smityhead said:
    One Flashy Boi

You know, I'm approaching 500+ hours in the game, a lot of which as a survivor, and I'm completely useless with a torch! Its to the point where I just basically ignore their existence! The only time I actually take one from a chest is if I'm against the Hag - to get rid of her traps!

I mostly play stealthily though, in honesty.

• NotSure
    NotSure Member Posts: 41
    Options

The stealth. I've been waiting for a multiplayer stealth game for so long, and finally we got one. The fact that can also play as/get killed by some of my favorite slashers only makes it more fun for me.

• Bint
    Options

@NotSure said:
    The stealth. I've been waiting for a multiplayer stealth game for so long, and finally we got one. The fact that can also play as/get killed by some of my favorite slashers only makes it more fun for me.

I love the stealth aspect! I never understand the survivors that go in guns blazing and goading the killer, it seems to completely take the horror aspect out of it, you know?

Oh man, the chill when you hear the Halloween theme tune?! One of my favourite things as a survivor is working on a generator, looking around (as you do) and suddenly seeing Myers stalking you from a corner or through a window! That jolt of fear with a jumpscare?! I freaking love it!

• Sleepy
    Sleepy Member Posts: 107
    Options

The psychological games you can play on survivors.

I only play as a killer.

• Sleepy
    Options

I personally love this game a lot, the psychological games played on Survivors...

I love playing as a killer only.

• Sleepy
    Options

The psychological games you can play on survivors.

I only play as a killer.

• Sleepy
    Options

I personally love this game a lot, the psychological games played on Survivors...

• Bint
    Options
    Sleepy said:

What's your favourite mind game to use on Survivors? 
  • Bint
    Options
    Jesya said:

@Baxterchen said:
    the doctors laugh

+1
    Please release it as a ringtone!

For sure, if I could, I'd have it as my text message tone! 
  • weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    Options

The new sound Billy's mallet makes when he cracks it on a Survivor's head is gold.

• Caretaker
    Caretaker Member Posts: 764
    Options

Bunny Mom and her hum. <3

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

@weirdkid5 said:
    The new sound Billy's mallet makes when he cracks it on a Survivor's head is gold.

WAIT, I didn't try it out. Gotta play Billy.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Runiver said:

@weirdkid5 said:

WAIT, I didn't try it out. Gotta play Billy.

It has been a new sound since they fixed the hit sound bug that happened about a month or so ago.

It sounds like an exploding grapefruit lmao

• CallMeRusty420
    CallMeRusty420 Member Posts: 615
    Options

Only good comments about the game?....

Sorry i only got bad things to say since that's all there is to say about it.

• Zavri
    Zavri Member Posts: 261
    Options

The game at it's core is extremely fun and engaging ( killer side at least ) when you get those chill games.

But going against tryhard SWF groups on any killer besides nurse....it feels about as good as walking in on the wife with your friend from work.