Demogorgon problems

kajagobi
kajagobi Member Posts: 41
edited January 2020 in General Discussions

I want to try my best to be a good demo.... But the more I think about it I can't think of ways to use him affectively. He has his lungs attack that breaks pallets but after getting to rank 7 it's like he's a joke. what's the best strategy for high ranks with demo?

Best Answer

Answers

• Cheers
    Cheers Member Posts: 3,426

Some killers are very hard to use after a certain rank if not perfected. Take this for example.

I was a rank 2 billy and a rank 3 trapper (about 6 months ago) and even if I played a perfect game to the best of my ability I could still lose, sometimes due to bad totem placement, but usually, a great team coordination in swf.

If you want to get red rank, you either need to switch to a more viable killer, or learn every single thing you can that will help you get better at demo.

• Bravescorpio
    Bravescorpio Member Posts: 152

Demi has a lot of issues. Don't use lunge to break pallets unless you are also using it to gain distance. Its not faster. Mastering your portal location can help you track survivors but honestly until they get buffed they are usually torn down too fast.

He should have good map pressure but doesn't. He is to freddy what the trapper is to the hag. But can teleport around, both can lay traps, but the hag is amazing and the trapper is junk. Demi is currently a trapper waiting for his buff

• kajagobi

I realized the demogorgon is a hopping bunny rabbit that can teleport to Burrows across the map. I'm just trying to figure out what tools I need to be at a good demogorgon

• Science_Guy
    Science_Guy Member Posts: 2,008

Demo is a pretty terrible killer, honestly.

• kajagobi

Well guess I'll get him to lvl 40 and bench him. Just seems like he would be a fun killer.

• ZFennecFox
    ZFennecFox Member Posts: 510

I play on console so I can't drive too much into the PC issues. But a lot of what I see playing in Red it's all about portal placement. Placing the portals close but not too close to a gen you want to protect and using his ability will help you get the jump on survivors.

When I play Demo I put two portals right up on the three closest Gens and the rest at different cut offs. Only use the Lunge to destroy pallets and only if you have a clear shot. The rest is just anticipation.

• adsads123123123123
    adsads123123123123 Member Posts: 1,114

Demogorgon is only playable at red ranks if they are stupid enough to cleanse your portals. Otherwise, he gets gen rushed.

• PistolTimb
    PistolTimb Member Posts: 1,413

I use the portals to manage generators. The killer instinct makes it hard for them to do gens without me breathing down their neck.

• Horror_Gaming
    Horror_Gaming Member Posts: 275

I don’t get why people say my baby Demo is terrible. I dominate red rank SWF with him. His portals are great for tracking survivors and stop them from working on certain Gens all together due to high pressure. Also shred can stop loops from being touch and fake a survivor to running a 360 right into your canceled ability arms. He has huge Mind Games that don’t get appreciated. And don’t even get me started on his early game and built in hex: thrill of the hunt.

• kajagobi

I'm not saying he stinks its just I lack the knowledge in understanding how to use him.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

You have to play him super well in order to play against decent survivors.

I would say he's worth it at red ranks, just make sure you practice him a lot.

• Larisa
    Larisa Member Posts: 176

DEMOGORGON has a lot to offer once well practiced. He has tools to deny area and loop.

My favourite perk on his is Make Your Choice. It makes hooks very consistent.

However, he requires some thinking to maximize his potential, along with the mentioned practice of shred timing and aiming.

He is well balanced and fun to play.

• Zenro
    Zenro Member Posts: 319

Agreed on this. Shred is best used when they cant dodge it, like in a bottleneck or when theyve committed to vaulting or dropping a pallet. Sometimes youll activate shred and they will start moving and give you a free M1. Also i would highly reccomend BBQ on him. Dont activate your portals till BBQ tells you or you have so much pressure that they dont do the portals and if they do, teleport and punish them.

• MegHasCuteFeet
    MegHasCuteFeet Member Posts: 369

He wouldn't be so bad if every swing you do or damaging a generator wouldn't alert survivors across the map.

• Glumid
    Glumid Member Posts: 3

I honestly believe I’ve encountered only three of them while he has been out, and out of the three two of them were babies. The third one was decent, but his lunge only seems viable at loops with a vertical path. Furthermore I would like to reinforce a previous statement that his portals are too quickly destroyed. The decent demo had adequate portal placement, but alas just one individual can rid of it too easily. I do wish I encountered more of them though instead of just Billy, Nurse, Spirit, and Trapper.

• ColaGhost
    ColaGhost Member Posts: 36

I think Demos biggest problem is he's so loud, he makes big loud noises for everything, leaving portals, shredding, getting stunned, taking a deuce.

It makes Demo really easy to keep track of, & play around. Which considering how good his kit is, the shred is huge in the chase, close gaps, push survivors away from loops n vaults, is kind of a shame but it also feels like built in balance.

Tldr; Demo is real good, but he loud.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

He needs some buffs tbh