camping

Options
Touken
Touken Member Posts: 66
How are survivors  supposed to counter camping?

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

Repair generators while the Killer is wasting their time and get out, leaving them with no points and no pip.

• Touken
    Options
    Orion said:

Repair generators while the Killer is wasting their time and get out, leaving them with no points and no pip.

Thats not counter thought im saying a way that the survivor who is being camped can also survive

• Kilrane
    Kilrane Member Posts: 89
    Options
    Touken said:
    Orion said:

Thats not counter thought im saying a way that the survivor who is being camped can also survive

That is the counter play. If the Killer is hardcore camping the only way to maybe make him budge is start popping gens especially if it's a Cannibal.
  • BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365
    Options

@Touken said:

How are killers supposed to counter sprint burst?

• Touken
    Options
    BillyIII said:

@Touken said:

Get blood lust, keep chasing them, plus with the new updated you only have to worry about it once per chase since killers complained about it
  • Touken
    Options
    Orion said:

@Touken said:

Play Killer and let them go.

Killer is the power role; not you. If he decides that Survivor will die on the hook, then that Survivor will die on the hook. You don't get to ignore the Killer's presence.

So you are saying that there is no counter that allows the survivor to survive
  • Touken
    Options
    Kilrane said:
    Touken said:
    Orion said:

That is the counter play. If the Killer is hardcore camping the only way to maybe make him budge is start popping gens especially if it's a Cannibal.
    yes but most of the time the killer just waits for you to die in the hook and then leave
  • Touken
    Options
    ive  been playing survivor for a while and i got to say that more then 5 out of 10 games i got camped my teamates were popping gens but the killer never left 
  • BillyIII
    BillyIII Member Posts: 365
    edited August 2018
    Options

@Touken said:

@BillyIII said:

@Touken said:
    Get blood lust, keep chasing them, plus with the new updated you only have to worry about it once per chase since killers complained about it

Thats not counter thought im saying a way that the killer who is being denied an ambush can still ambush.

• Orion
    Options

@Touken said:

No, because Killers are supposed to be the power role, and thus 1v1 they should always win.

• Touken
    Options
    Orion said:

@Touken said:

No, because Killers are supposed to be the power role, and thus 1v1 they should always win.

So are you saying that the killer should always atleast be able to get one survivor
  • azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    Ultimately, if you don't want to be on the hook, don't get found. You getting downed is game over. You have no more control in the situation. It's up to everyone else's actions
  • Touken
    Options
    BillyIII said:

@Touken said:

@BillyIII said:

@Touken said:

Thats not counter thought im saying a way that the killer who is being denied an ambush can still ambush.

Killers have a terror radius there is no way to ambush unless your playing as MM or the pig.
    ps. i honestly dont know why killers wanted SB Nerfed i never had a problem with it
  • Touken
    Options
    azazer said:
    Ultimately, if you don't want to be on the hook, don't get found. You getting downed is game over. You have no more control in the situation. It's up to everyone else's actions
    So ur saying that we have to stealthy welp even when i try that they still find me and how about MM and the pig they can sneak behind you when u dont notice
  • Orion
    Options

@Touken said:
    So are you saying that the killer should always atleast be able to get one survivor

No, I'm saying that 1v1, the Killer is supposed to win.

• Touken
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Orion said:

@Touken said:

ok i get that but if the killer is supposed to always win a 1v1 then why do they camp when they can just go get another survivor in a 1v1
  • Orion
    Options

@Touken said:
    ok i get that but if the killer is supposed to always win a 1v1 then why do they camp when they can just go get another survivor in a 1v1

Because they don't want to, for whatever reason. I'm not a mind reader. In theory, though, the Killer is supposed to be the dominant party in this game. That's what makes it an asymmetrical game.

• Touken
    Options
    @Orion you keep talking about how the killer should always win a 1v1 but that's basically proving my point there is no way to counter camping
  • deathdoer1
    deathdoer1 Member Posts: 87
    Options

Me and my friends versed a hardcore face camper earlier. The trick we did was gen rush and then they hit about 30% we would have someone go unhook them and body block and get downed so the killer who is too stupid to know how to play smart just puts the fresh hook up. We had everyone hang on the hook till 30% then we saved the last guy, I flash light saved and we all 4 got out with the killer never leaving 8 meters of the hooked survivor. Just gotta learn to juggle your hook timers and at very worst be prepared to let the killer get 1 kill.

• Orion
    Options

@Touken said:
    @Orion you keep talking about how the killer should always win a 1v1 but that's basically proving my point there is no way to counter camping

Sure there is - fix generators. If all Survivors would stop feeding campers for a protracted period of time, camping would stop. I only say this because I know it'll never happen, since Survivors, despite not being the power role in this asymmetrical game, believe they're entitled to walk all over the Killer.

• Touken
    Options

Me and my friends versed a hardcore face camper earlier. The trick we did was gen rush and then they hit about 30% we would have someone go unhook them and body block and get downed so the killer who is too stupid to know how to play smart just puts the fresh hook up. We had everyone hang on the hook till 30% then we saved the last guy, I flash light saved and we all 4 got out with the killer never leaving 8 meters of the hooked survivor. Just gotta learn to juggle your hook timers and at very worst be prepared to let the killer get 1 kill.

Keywords friends not all of us play swf all the time
  • Touken
    Options
    Orion said:

@Touken said:

Sure there is - fix generators. If all Survivors would stop feeding campers for a protracted period of time, camping would stop. I only say this because I know it'll never happen, since Survivors, despite not being the power role in this asymmetrical game, believe they're entitled to walk all over the Killer.

So what do we do when the killer just ignores the gen rush, i mean that always happens to me
  • Touken
    Options
    Kilrane said:
    Touken said:
    Orion said:

Ye but that never usually works for me, the killer usually waits until you die in the hook and then leave
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Touken said:

Do generators.
    Wanna rush the hook anyway? Bodyblock with other survivors and use BT

• Master
    Options

@Touken said:
    Orion said:

@Touken said:

This is a core issue in the game. It takes too much time to chase a competent survivor through all the loops, so some killers dont go through that trouble and just use the hooked guy as bait. It works surprisingly well, especially against SWF because they want to save their mates crying in discord

• Touken
    Options
    Master said:

@Touken said:
    Orion said:

@Touken said:

This is a core issue in the game. It takes too much time to chase a competent survivor through all the loops, so some killers dont go through that trouble and just use the hooked guy as bait. It works surprisingly well, especially against SWF because they want to save their mates crying in discord

It takes too long because you keep chasing even 
    though you know they are jucking the heck out of you
  • mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767
    Options

Don't get caught.

If the game was balanced for killers, so survivors can't dominate a good killer, there wouldnt be campers.
    Campers are there, because survivors are too strong.

• Spiritbx
    Spiritbx Member Posts: 264
    Options
    The devs balance the game around 2 survivors dying every game on average. You can easily do 2-5 gens while the killer is chasing then camping. Just leave after. Max 1-2 kills unless you fall for the bait like an idiot and g8ve him a 4k 
  • pauloandrade22
    pauloandrade22 Member Posts: 697
    Options

@Touken said:
    Master said:

@Touken said:

Orion said:

@Touken said:

It takes too long because you keep chasing even 
    though you know they are jucking the heck out of you

Stalling . there is no juke or outplayment when i know your exact route.

• Chrona
    Chrona Member Posts: 245
    edited August 2018
    Options

@Touken said:

I have read this entire thread, but I'm going to cut to the chase. As others have said, the counter play to camping is to do generators. This IS a counterplay, because of one big reason: Your objective, as a survivor, is to complete generators, and escape. The killer's objective is to fully sacrifice as many survivors as possible. If the killer is preoccupied ensuring that 1 of their 4 objectives is completed, you are perfectly safe during that time to complete YOUR objectives. They can't kill you if they are sitting in front of a hooked survivor. EDIT: Trying to get a survivor off a hook is similar to hunting down a kill in overwatch (give the example a second). Yes, it MAY help, and it may pay off in the end, but at the end of the day? It isn't your objective. The point that you left to hunt a kill is your objective. If you're on the hook, and you're being camped? Congrats! You're wasting the killers time. That, or they decided you're worth ensuring the death of. Or, for example, they have a ritual for two sacrifices, and they want it done (I camp when I have it, I want the ritual done. Especially after the first guy quits.)

And if you're having issues with being found first...Run more stealth perks (and play killer so you can learn how the killer sees your actions.). Realistically, the best way to learn how to play against the killer is to try it yourself...You learn how much notifies them, where it is easy to lose survivors in a chase, etc. Things YOU have problems with as a killer, OTHER PEOPLE will have problems with. As a killer, I HATE rancid fields. As a survivor? Best map, most of the time.

My advice is to get spine chill, that will give you an early warning when a killer is headed in your direction. Even stealth killers like the pig, the wraith, and myers. Heck, even freddy. (especially bad for myers, because he needs direct LOS). It would also behoove you to get some perks that would help in your escape, one way or another. Lithe and dance with me is a great combo from what I've seen. Jump through a window, sprint extra fast AND leave no scratch marks for a bit? A really easy way to lose the killer. Also, remember: you're in third person. Abuse the fact. Peek around corners. etc.

• Kilrane
    Options
    Touken said:
    Kilrane said:
    Touken said:
    Orion said:

yes but most of the time the killer just waits for you to die in the hook and then leave
    Yes, that's what camping is. Counter plays are answers to win a situation. If a Killer camps one Survivor the entire hook time that is your opportunity to do gens uninterrupted. This game's name is "Dead by Daylight" not "Everyone Live in the End". Sometimes sacrificing a team member is the proper play.
  • Touken
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Kilrane said:
    Yes, that's what camping is. Counter plays are answers to win a situation. If a Killer camps one Survivor the entire hook time that is your opportunity to do gens uninterrupted. This game's name is "Dead by Daylight" not "Everyone Live in the End". Sometimes sacrificing a team member is the proper play.

So how would you feel if every game or almost all the time you get camped how would you feel to keep de piping because you dont get enough points and dont say oh you just have to get good because you cant if you keep getting chased at the beggining and you cant be stealthy because that rarely works
  • Zanfer
    Zanfer Member Posts: 647
    Options

@Touken said:
    Orion said:

bring barrowed time and work as a team to fake pulls, depends on what killer you are going against though..

• Zanfer
    Options

@Chrona said:

@Touken said:

My advice is to get spine chill, that will give you an early warning when a killer is headed in your direction. Even stealth killers like the pig, the wraith, and myers.

Besides T1 Myers though... Only phase it doesn't work on

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    Touken said:
    Kilrane said:

So how would you feel if every game or almost all the time you get camped how would you feel to keep de piping because you dont get enough points and dont say oh you just have to get good because you cant if you keep getting chased at the beggining and you cant be stealthy because that rarely works
    It’s called “Tough Luck sucks to be you”. This game isn’t supposed to be fair to the Survivor. That’s the whole point. It’s balanced (arguably), but it’s not fair. It’s not supposed to be fair.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6sxzxJBNka8

Now quit crying “Why Me?!” 

• Chrona
    Options

@Zanfer said:

@Chrona said:

@Touken said:

My advice is to get spine chill, that will give you an early warning when a killer is headed in your direction. Even stealth killers like the pig, the wraith, and myers.

It doesn't? Huh, thought it did. Ah well, still, valuable perk in my opinion.

• Touken
    Options
    @Chrona But what if you dont have space for that perk because I already have 4 perks that are necese@Chrona me I used Adrenaline, BT, DH,and self care
  • Baphomett
    Baphomett Member Posts: 394
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Touken said:
    Kilrane said:

I would feel that clearly the other three survivors are consistently doing something different than me and try to learn what it is and get better.

I may even be able to help:  If you are on a generator in the first 30 seconds, you are likely the only one and will be the first hook.  Wait near a generator for the killer to patrol past or start chasing someone else, THEN start working on it.  I bet this fixes your problem 90% of the time until you get into single-digit ranks where there is less likely to be at least one guy who doesnt know this and gets chased right away.
  • Chrona
    Options

@Touken I'm not sure what happened to my last post. Summarized version is that you have 3 perks that are aimed at healing, and one for evasion. Borrowed time is healing/evasion because it prevents them from going down instantly, letting them potentially get away. Adrenaline is good, but I would say that selfcare trumps it, and fills the same slot. Keep dead hard if you're good at the sprint.

I would suggest dropping adrenaline or borrowed time for an informative or stealth perk. Empathy or spine chill will give you a warning/potentially notify you of where exactly the killer is, and let you get away BEFORE you get in a chase.

• Master
    Options

@Touken said:
    Kilrane said:

If you are the guy who gets found first every game, then its your fault I dare to say. Analyze your situation and think about what you can do better. Maybe dont run straight at the kilelr clicking at his face, just a tip :wink:

• Zanfer
    Options

@Chrona said:

@Zanfer said:

@Chrona said:

@Touken said:

It doesn't? Huh, thought it did. Ah well, still, valuable perk in my opinion.

Oh yeah it is a good perk. Just wanted to let you know lol

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    God these noobs are real man... this is like the 3rd or 4th post about camping.. it's simple do gens = punish the killer 
  • Kilrane
    Options
    Touken said:
    Kilrane said:

If being stealthy doesn't work for you, you're missing perks and not doing right or just not doing it right. I depip all the time as a Killer vs extremely coordinated and optimal Survivors. It does not seem like you have a lot of play time with Killer. You should level one to 50 or a few to 40 so you have better perspective on how to be a better Survivor. 
  • holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289
    Options

@Touken said:
    Kilrane said:

i guarantee if you are getting camped almost every game it is because YOU are a scum bag. i assume non stop tea bagging while you never try to actually lose the killer, constantly clicking your flashlight at the killer

and the answer to how would i feel is , i would alt tab play some music while me and the killer have a staring contest

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Well, as much as i dislike camping as a survivor, a lot of that depends on the team.

I do play killer as well (mostly to learn their weaknesses), but when i play killer, often you cannot not camp.
    You hook someone, and notice 1-2 people crawling around the hook or rushing to it to unhook when you leave. Of corse i do chase those survivors instead of finding the last one somewhere else.

Also, a lot of survivors dont unhook you for your sake, but for the points, which means often unsafe unhooks.
    I had people unhooking me in front of the killer, then bodyblocking me so he could down me again.

• Touken
    Options
    Kilrane said:
    Touken said:
    Kilrane said:

If being stealthy doesn't work for you, you're missing perks and not doing right or just not doing it right. I depip all the time as a Killer vs extremely coordinated and optimal Survivors. It does not seem like you have a lot of play time with Killer. You should level one to 50 or a few to 40 so you have better perspective on how to be a better Survivor. 
    Im a rank 9 prestige two huntress and im kinda good at jucking the killer i never teabag unless the killer is camping and i myself never camp nor tunnel so i do play killer alot. The thing is people keep saying be stealthy welp what about the perks that you need during chases or to help your teamates, I use borrowed time when the killer is camping but gets distracted, dead hard to avoid a hit and keep the chase going adrenaline to heal during a chase, self care  speaks for its self so i cant add sneaky perks because if i do i will go down in chases faster Tbh when i tried using stealth perks i would always get seen by the killer then a chase starts then i go down faster

@holywhitetrash not all survivors are toxic and not all killers are campers, survivors tend to be toxic for no reason killers tend to camp for no reason sometimes
  • FrenziedRoach
    FrenziedRoach Member Posts: 2,600
    Options

Basic survival 101....

You don't necessarily need to run fast, just faster than the guy next to you.

The hook mechanic and the way this works brings this into play in a way that let's you explore what it's like without risking your buddies life.

Embrace it, revel in it, feel the guilty pleasure of walking out the door while the other guy hangs.....