RIP Ruin

arslaN
arslaN Member Posts: 1,936

Just why?

All Generators are affected by Ruin; if a Generator is not being worked on, it regresses at [1/1.5/2] times the normal regression rate. 

Comments

• NurseMainBTW
    NurseMainBTW Member Posts: 531

This is an extreme rework. I don't know how to feel about it until I try it out.

I'm glad I removed ruin from my build long time ago...

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

@Peanits are survivors still notified that ruin is a thing after a skillcheck, or is it kept hidden?

• GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,531

I believe they are once they let go of the generator, but I'd have to double check. In any case, they would find out once the generator starts sparking without the killer kicking it.

• LetsPlayTogether
    LetsPlayTogether Member Posts: 2,117

Ruin was nowhere near a good perk to begin with. Hopefully some players will now understand this and just get better instead of relying on something inconsistent as ruin. Also its is right that its just frustrating for new players.

• Witas
    Witas Member Posts: 477

Overall I don't hate the change, but with the only early game slowdown perk gone, I fear that every match will have 3 gens done after the 1st chase.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556

I don't use ruin on trapper, not really a soft nerf for him.

I can't speak for everyone but, I think most trapper mains would agree that corrupt intervention is better on him than ruin anyway 🤷‍♂️

• asergioam
    asergioam Member Posts: 363

Well, at least legion might be more often used now!

• Danky
    Danky Member Posts: 219

leaving the "gen" would only apply if the survivors didnt last so long on the hook. by the time the killer gets a hook the gens are alrdy half way done and by the time the hooked survivor gets the the second stage then that gen would alrdy be done.

• Pennywise
    Pennywise Member Posts: 256

I think it is too useless now. Either make it a normal perk in its new state (no longer a hex perk) or encourage survivors to get it cleansed asap like the other hex perks. I think BHVR went too far with the nerf.

• MissBehavingX
    MissBehavingX Member Posts: 493

I am one of the people who relies on ruin, but im down to try this change

I expect a lot of complaints once it's up and running tho because most people won't find it useful, especially lower levels where killers spend a lot of time chasing one person and used to rely on ruin to not get gen rushed, but it will probably work better for red rank killers.

• sk1913
    sk1913 Member Posts: 84

I think that new ruin with Hillbilly will be OP. Can't wait to try it.

• Uxoricide
    Uxoricide Member Posts: 219

Hey @Peanits , hope all is well! Are the stats including how long Ruin is up for in red ranks?

It feels like it goes down almost immediately most times and considering how it often spawns in plain sight I feel like this update could be tweaked a little bit more?

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

Wait a minute, for hex: ruin doesnt the description literally make it useless at rank one, games regress at 1 times normal.rate? Or am i missing something. Besides of course ( KiLlErS ArE 2 Ez PlS NurF)

• Acromio
    Acromio Member Posts: 1,737

Is anybody actually really surprised? This has been BHVR's "design phylosophy" since 2016, when it comes to Killers and Killer perks. Instead of giving us new options to play, they keep narrowing the few we already have.