Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

New Hex Ruin Question

Options
HatCreature
HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

So it says 2 times faster at Tier 3, now Gens normally regress at .25 charges so according to my crap math skills 2 times faster would .50 charges, if that's the case what is 1 and 1.5? Is that like .30 and .45?

Also, I made a fan made perk like this that wasn't a Hex because that would actually be great to have and it went like 2/3/4 times faster regression speed. At 4 times faster it would be 1 charge per second, probably too powerful I get that but that would warrant the Hex part. This new Hex Ruin shouldn't be a Hex in my opinion but we'll see in the PTB that you guys might ignore feedback on, like you did with Legion.

Thank you Devs for taking away a Gen speed perk and making the early game difficult for players who run it religiously because of the problems you guys don't feel like fixing; because it would take too much work of course, I get that. Perks can't solve core issues of the game no matter how creative they get, this can obviously be paired with Pop, Surveillance, and Surge(maybe?) but large perk combos that center around one problem that is a glaring issue is a sign it needs to be fixed and not sold solutions that hinder gameplay freedom.

Answers

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Hex_KillerMainBTW Member Posts: 447
    Options

Nope. Literally the only perk that combos off with this is surveillance. Because it's regressing on it's on, surge won't proc off of it. Basically the two perks you can combo it with is Thrilling and Surveillance.

• Venom368
    Venom368 Member Posts: 321
    Options

Dear lord it was about time they nerfed ruin. This has been a long time coming.

• HatCreature
    Options

Oh I meant Surge works with Surveillance so Hex Ruin with Surveillance would show you what Gens are regressing while Surge hits multiple Gens in the area.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Options

Right. You'll basically only get value out of surge if someone is working on a gen and you down someone within 32 meters of it. However, if the person on the gen stops working on it before you down said person, surge does not proc. So basically you're better off using surveillance with it and or thrilling tremors. I don't really like the fact you're basically not getting any brutality points off of kicking gens since if you're using ruin, you can't kick a gen.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Options

So I'm going to say it now. The fact it's a hex perk and the devs seem to think it'll last that long in the game is amusing. Just make it a base perk instead. You'll be lucky if it lasts a minute and a half not to mention looking for survivors who'll split up so you chase one person while others work on different gens. But now they want to try and get killers to use Pop, surge, and other anti gen perks that normally just effect one gen. Yes, surge and thrilling can effect multiple gens (mainly thrilling tremors) while you're lucky to hit maybe 2-3 gens with surge. Just, please do us a favor and make it a permanent perk.

• HatCreature
    Options

I didn't mention that in my post but yeah, like I mentioned I made my own version of this which is better. But then again I need clarification on the math lol Hexes are bad perks because Survivors know all of the obvious spots that are in their face when they spawn, I constantly spawn next to Ruin so nothing about this perk changes except that it is weaker because it doesn't slow down gens and will get broken immediately, which they didn't change since that was the glaring problem Killers had which they didn't seem to care about in this update.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Options

Oh, absolutely not. Isn't it funny how they want to change doctor so he can't give survivors exhaustion anymore? Meanwhile they want to make one of the most viable killer perks obsolete? I hope they give killers more perks that counter exhaustion perks in the future. Because isn't it so fair and definitely not annoying to go against survivors that'll 99% their sprint burst? Absolutely terrible.

• HatCreature
    Options

The entire update is them saying how it is for Survivors but not once did they ever say why it was hard for Survivors, 80% of users use Ruin is not an indication it is super powerful but an indication the game is fundamentally flawed, which they refuse to acknowledge. I'm watching Tru3 read the notes and it's making me more depressed to hear it out-loud than me reading it myself. I haven't been playing since Oni is released and I am not being motivated to come back.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Options

Honestly, once killers don't use ruin, they'll find better anti gen perks and combos. Then the survivors will complain about those. It's going to be never ending and it makes me sad

• HatCreature
    Options

Thankfully the Ruin change doesn't hurt me as much as it does others, I prefer Devour Hope and Thana over Ruin.

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Options

I only really use ruin on killers that don't have the mobility. Plague for example. If I'm playing Freddy or a killer with good mobility, I have no need for ruin

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

Ruin was more of a slow-down perk for low-tier Killers that had a hard time with progression and map pressure, I can see how the new Ruin still holds true to this... but now it doesn't make it harder for newer Survivors or Survivors that can't hit the skill checks every single time.

Plus, if a SWFs team can always hit the Hex skill-checks, than Ruin was basically useless... I actually like the new Ruin, it allows for more versatility and gives Killers another slot option for more combos.

But we'll see what happens in the PTB, things might change or new changes will be added into the LIVE version, we'll just have to wait and see!

• Hex_KillerMainBTW
    Options

Right, and that's the thing. I don't think ANYONE should get punished in the game except for making poor mistakes. Not looping correctly, not counter looping and so on.

However, if I don't have enough information early on where people are except for moving around to where gens are to find which ones they were working on, is a different story. That being said,I don't really like having to run two different gen perks, even with the new ruin. Does it make surveillance really good now? Absolutely. But what really makes me upset about the new ruin change is that there won't be as many points in brutality. So you'd have to hope you get enough hits on survivors, breaking pallets.

In all honesty, I believe if the devs changed how quickly gens could be completed they could've made ruin into something else. I never really felt that regressing gens was a good thing on ruin, but instead it would've been nice if Ruin actually just slowed the gen speeds and that you could only get a buff to increasing gen speeds by getting the great skill check while slightly increasing its size.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

That's another argument AND can of worms all together.

People argue about the generator speeds all the time and how Ruin is a "crutch" against them. It's an entirely different discussion that I don't really like going into (since it starts a lot of fights).

But I see what you mean, we'll just have to see what the community feedback brings to the PTB, maybe something will be changed... idk.