I quit this game a while ago after 2.4k+ hours

AND I JUST WANNA SAY: This ruin change WOOOOOO this ruin change.

All you see in the discussions is people complaining about what needs to be done and hardly ever do the devs make good changes.

The last good thing they did was the endgame collapse I feel like.

So my question is: Why are people playing the game if they have to complain about every ######### change the devs make? The game is a cash cow, licensed chapters fill up half the roster, skins are ######### everywhere and the pass skins aren't exclusive so they can just re sell them for more money, millions of bugs every patch and they just joke about them, they cater to the new players rather than the real supporters, objectives are boring and have remained the same since launch, rather than fixing balance they release a new perk to fix everything, the game is balanced around running in circles, there are like 3 viable killers according to the community, both sides cry about the other side instead of just discussing what actually needs to be changed, the graphics are ass despite the game being so small (poor optimization)

Thats about all i can come up with. I just dont get it. I mean in a way, i stuck with this game for quite some time expecting it to care about me and ######### balance itself out. It never did and everyone still expects it to. The game is fun until you play other games like it and realize how much time youre just sitting on a gen for 80 seconds and then sitting on a hook for another 2 minutes vs lets say, Last Year Afterdark (the new relaunched version) where the objectives are fun and different per map, the killers have cooler executions, the survivors can die early and come back and play in the same match, the game is balanced fairly well, the graphics are great, less bugs and devs are quick to fix them. ANYWAY enough advertising ha (not advertising just saying) The dbd community keeps saying "im leaving this game if..." and they never do, whilst the devs throw in rank 20s into rank 1 (as in its easy af to rank) so rank 1 killers dont see that its balanced in favor of the survivors. What a power role the killer is. Dbd players... they RARELY listen. If you gotta complain every update, take the hint.

Comments

• Speshul_Kitten
    Speshul_Kitten Member Posts: 1,861

MKTG 101: It’s just clever marketing on behalf of any company. Every company knows it’s harder to get people to make the initial purchase than to retain current members.

That’s the reason they will always cater to noobs and not to people who already have the game, much less veterans.

• WickedMilk03
    WickedMilk03 Member Posts: 624
  • Bustanut_Champion
    Bustanut_Champion Member Posts: 53

It'd be nice if they'd treat the game less like a money farm and more like something they care about. In the long run this will definitely hurt their sales anyhow, considering the unrelenting vice grip choking the life out of the game will eventually actually kill it.

They'll need to introduce a new game mode where there's no killers at all, I think that's the direction we're headed. Epic gamer generator repair simulator 2020.

• dfrenchiee
    dfrenchiee Member Posts: 334

I considered quitting around the time they made nurse super unfun and boring to play; yet I stuck around hoping that they'd not do something stupid like that again and actually listen to our feedback.

But here we are. I think I can safely say I'm leaving this game now. This was definitely the straw that broke the camels back for me.