A better solution for Ruin and gen speeds?

I wanted to chime in with a solution for most of the problems with gen speeds and Ruin that everyone is currently talking about. This is my first post (so go easy on me you savages) but I have been on these forums regularly over the last year or so, taking in what everyone has to say. For what it’s worth, I guess you’d call me a killer main, but I play both sides a lot (everybody should).

My idea allows the New Ruin to come into the game as a separate perk.  This new gen-regression hex perk is a cool idea, so let’s bring that in, and just name it something besides Ruin. So far so good... 

Now as for Old Ruin, we nerf it. Instead of zero extra progress for a great skill check, give a 1% boost (instead of the 2% for a great under normal circumstances). And for a good skill check, reduce the regression penalty to 1%/2%/3%. This is a nerf of roughly 50% to the overall effects of the perk. This should help on multiple fronts: it should make Ruin less oppressive to brand new players, while also being less of a necessity for killers of all ranks. It would allow killers to consider swapping in other perks instead, since Ruin would not be quite as strong at slowing the game down. Keeping old ruin in the game as an option for killers is important though! It is one of very few early game perks they have at their disposal.

The problem with gen speeds still remains. I have heard a lot of talk about secondary objectives to slow the game down. My idea does not have that. Not that a secondary objective isn’t a good idea, this is just simpler. 

To help fix the gen rush issue, we up the gen repair time to 90 seconds…but ONLY until 2 gens are completed. After that, the repair time reverts to the current 80 seconds. So the gen repair times decrease at the same time that the hatch spawns, once 3 gens remain. This should somewhat mitigate the gen rush issue, which can be especially problematic in the early game, when survivors are at their strongest (no one hooked, 4 still alive, and 7 different gens to choose from). Meanwhile, it really shouldn’t hurt survivors too much overall, and also does not impact them at all late game, where things like the 3 gen strategy come into play.

TL;DR: Nerf old ruin but keep it in the game; bring new ruin in as a completely separate perk; and slow down early game gen repair speeds slightly.