Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

With the 7% from hope does it make fast vaulting easier or am I dumb and it doesn't work like that

Options

yeet

Best Answers

Answers

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,733
    Options

Oh what I meant was when your running to a window where getting the fast vault is extremely hard would hope make that easier or no?

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,733
    Options

eh I have no idea what I'm talking about forgive me

• Todgeweiht
    Todgeweiht Member Posts: 3,666
    Options

No, it does not help with vaulting speed, but it definetely gives you a massive speed boost that lets you loop killers for longer.

With hope tier III you are faster than base tier I myers

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    edited January 2020
    Options

@ocafghanistan

You already got your answers, but i'll add a bit more just for context.

No, Hope only increases movement speed and nothing else... but Spinechill actually does increase your vaulting speed when active, and that's only one of the two only perks that does this, the second perk is Resilience that increases vaulting speed (Lithe doesn't count as Lithe only increases your movement speed after the vault, not the vault itself).

So basically, only Resilience and Spine-Chill increases vaulting speed directly, no other perk does this and perks that talk about "movement speed" are talking about general running and even walking speed (aka Fixated increases walking speed).

Just a bit of info so you know for any future questions about movement speed, crouching speed, walking speed, and vaulting speed.

• ABannedCat
    ABannedCat Member Posts: 2,529
    Options

Dead Harding towards windows allows you to fast vault from extremely large angles, because of the speedboost. So from what I observed, the fast vault requirement is the speed 90° towards the window. Therefor Hope also increases the possible angle.

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314
    Options

Yes but DeadHard is a dash that's slightly faster than the regular running speed, and due to it being an entirely different animation, the 90° angle might only apply to it for that reason.

Hope is just a flat 7% buff to the movement speed, it isn't an entirely different animation that's being applied, so... I wouldn't really compare DHs dash to it if it hasn't been tested yet.