Remove Ruin and Surveillance combo

2»

Comments

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

Whether I escape or die, matches that only last 5 or 6 minutes are never the fun ones: they were either too easy or we got slaughtered.

Not fun as killer, either, for the exact same reasons: either I slaughtered them and it was too easy or they rushed through gens and I barely saw them.

Ugh, what an awful thought, every match being that miserable.

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,873

I really am tired of tru3's fan base posting his opinions as gospel. His opinion isn't the end-all-be-all. He is welcome to his opinion just like every other human. But his opinions are not facts. His opinions are... opinions. Take them with a grain of salt.

• Micheal_Myers
    Micheal_Myers Member Posts: 1,147
    edited January 2020

Free Rift Fragments...? Worth it..? XP

Plus I dont really see the issue...

Survivors have Toolboxes, Keys, Endurance Heals, 16 Second Fast Heals, Locker Heals, I got unhooked after I unhooked 2 people heals, I unhooked 1 person so I can pull myself off of hook trick. Blendette, Reset Pallets Perk. I think the killers should get a buff to their perks.

Plus Surveillance was barely used before the ruin nerf (but now buff with gen aura reading.)

We only have Moris, Nice Addons, and Now this perk bundle.

Survivors have wayyyy more advantages than the killer. Plus this is the PTB afterall... wait until the live game and we'll see if it needs a change.

• Brucecastro81
    Brucecastro81 Member Posts: 1,609

1/0 Bait - The Hex: Ruin + Surveillance OP was somewhat beliviable, but Doctor becoming too OP ruined all if its bait.

• Tohmo
    Tohmo Member Posts: 248

It'd be crazy if you could just... yknow... disable the perk.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

By not running in front of the Killer while injured at the last second.

The game you are using as an example should have been a 1k remember? In otherwords the game you are using to prove your point is a game where the Killer definitely lost despite comboing several perks that work well together, keeping his hex up the entire game and constantly juggling the Survivors and getting fairly quick chases.

• NuclearBurrito
    NuclearBurrito Member Posts: 6,807

It's definitely not unintended. It was even explicitly pointed out by the devs as a benefit of the perk.

Despite what you said, the difference between regressing gens and kicked gens is neither trivial nor a technicality, even before taking multiple perk interactions into account.

Let's compare overcharge and surveillance for this.

Overcharge works after the generator has been kicked, while Surveillance works when the generator is regressing.

The key here is that generators eventually stop regressing on their own. Specifically it's when they hit 0% regression. The implication behind the difference in wording is that Surveillance will deactivate once this happens. However overcharge will not.

This is important, especially when perks like PGTW are in play making the gen instantly hit 0 sometimes, preventing Surveillance from activating at all.

Combine that with how the devs have pointed out these interactions with Surge and Ruin, and it's clear that how this interaction extends to other perks is completely intentional.

• Widden
    Widden Member Posts: 158

So people are here only killer mains i guess. People still saying this post is bait but believe it or not, Doctor with these perk combo too much broken

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

It's very OP for the 15 seconds ruin lasts in a game.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
  • goat10em
    goat10em Member Posts: 749

This is a non issue. The new ruin is not good. I've tried it myself. I watch streamers use it. Sure there are some that will get some bhvr folks in their chat and being whisperers they will say they love the new ruin etc. but i'm telling you not a single killer is going to run the new ruin consistently at all. It has very little effect on gens and is not worth a perk slot being a hex. This combo will not be an issue as ruin will be used about as much as survivors use deja vu

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

More power to them if they run this combo - it is half their perks and obvious when you touch the first gen they have it. Surveillance makes gen repair so loud and Ruin still being a hex can be destroyed like usual in the first 60 seconds.

I'm find myself neither for nor against this Ruin change - but I think there are other areas that needed improvement before this.

• JOBreazy
    JOBreazy Member Posts: 128

It has its ups and downs, i think talking about another nerf to killers is just going to really upset killer mains plus i dont have a problem with those combos

• kosmi
    kosmi Member Posts: 363

Hey bro pls let's remove killers.

With this rate you will play alone. I'll wait till update comes out and if they made even more hell for killers with these changes i'll delete dbd and you can be shure many will transist to only surv or leave game.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,430

@Rin_is_my_waifu

I’ve literally seen you post the same message over and over in other threads.

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

Great idea. Nerf Ruin, and then nerf a good combo that has been created with the new Ruin. That's not a good idea at all, unless you want to increase survivor queue times. It takes two of four perks to use that combo anyway.

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    edited January 2020

After playing with it myself in the ptb i realised it's not that crazy, it's decent but that's about it

Either cleanse the totem (you can equip small game if you have trouble finding them, love that perk) or do gens sepperatly

If the killer sees 3 generators light up with surveilance he can still only go to one of them at a time

• samination
    samination Member Posts: 312

Destroy the hex. Done.

• Polychrome_Baku
    Polychrome_Baku Member Posts: 404
    edited January 2020

I find it hilarious that you're complaining about something that eats two perk slots. One of which can be removed by cleansing the totem. Someone doesn't have to be a "killer main" to see how stupid you're being since the point of surveillance + ruin is gen defense. And this is STILL weaker than old ruin. The devs wanted more dynamic chases and less passive defense. That is what this is. Unless you're going to admit that as a survivor you actually just want to do gens for 5 minutes and leave?

• snowflake102
    snowflake102 Member Posts: 2,188

What is this thread about? Don't tell me it's about ruin is now 0verpowered with SURVEILLANCE. Am i right?

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

It about surveillance being combo with the new ruin.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2020

Sure, but then make ruin not a hex while you are at it.

Also remove Unbreakable and Decisive combo too, naturally.

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

Tru3 is a great example of how this game doesn't require any complex understanding of the game to actually do well. Tru3 is a good killer. He's a completely trash logician and should never be taken seriously as one. I used to like his streams until I realized how ridiculous his opinions are on a lot of things and that he can't defend those opinions at all. Anyone actually knowledgeable about the game and decent at arguing could tear him apart

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

He gets hate because he says really outlandish things and can't defend them. He's horrendous at backing up his claims. He rarely gives good evidence, when he uses stats, he doesn't actually understand how to read and interpret what stats mean. If he were to take a philosophy class he would fail because he doesn't comprehend the basics of defending arguments and fallacies. He's a major reason as to why the playerbase is so naive to a lot of gameplay elements. I don't hate the guy himself, I hate that people see him as a really logical, brilliant guy when he isn't. If people just watched him because he was good at killer and entertaining, that wouldn't be problematic at all.

• DocFabron
    DocFabron Member Posts: 2,410

No...

Why the bait thread?

• csandman1977
    csandman1977 Member Posts: 2,358

I personally have learned a great deal about this game from watching him. That being said i don't consider his word gospel. And this is honestly me just trying to understand. What has he said that you feel is so fundamentally wrong? Im 1000% not trying to start an argument. Im just trying to learn this game better, and he is one of the people who map out their gameplay and thought processes. Not all the time, but alot of the time. I watched one video where he ran a loop, mid game when not even being chased, just to show how strong it was. Then backed it up when the killer found him. It was nice from a student perspective.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

Fungoose!