Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

PS4 Skill check bug - anyone else experiencing this??

Options

Whenever I hit a skill check on a generator while not using a toolbox, trying to use a jigsaw box, or trying to "snap out of hit" it stops. I can be working on it, get a skillcheck, and then my person stops working and just stands there - every time. On generators this is not an issue, but when I'm playing against Doctor or Pig and I can't snap out of it or get the jigsaw box to work and I die it's annoying, because stopping makes the progress bar reset. I've tried changing my action settings and everything - R1, R2, L1, L2, and even buttons. Any ideas on how this can be fixed?

Best Answers

Answers

• slaya
    slaya Member Posts: 30
    Options

I could not be reading this right and that’s probably the case but it’s normal for it to reset the progress when you stop

• Fuzzbean
    Fuzzbean Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2020
    Options

I thought so at first but I've spent an entire length of time at one jigsaw box that never laughed or got the rbt off and died, and when playing the doctor I've spent minutes in the corner of the map trying to snap out of it but it resets over and over. When I've watched videos of people doing it when they hit the skill check it keeps progressing. I've never survived a pig if I get an RBT because no matter how hard I try or how many boxes I try I cant get it to progress. I'm gonna try to get a video or picture somehow, I may not be explaining right

• Fuzzbean
    Fuzzbean Member Posts: 5
    Options

@FireHazard thank you for the link. I got frustrated when changing controls didnt help either. Even if I continuously hold R1 hitting a skill check makes me stop, so i have to let go and restart for each check I hit. With gens the progress I make between checks stays but with a box or madness it resets and I can never get or off or snap out of it. It's gotten to the point where if I see I'm playing pig and get caught I know I will die no matter what