Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

What is your biggest flaw as a player

Comments

• SpaceCoconut
    SpaceCoconut Member Posts: 1,962

Sometimes I play Hag when I shouldn't lol

I get a lobby with 2 flashlights and a content creator (obvious 4-man) and I think I'll be ok... 3rd survivor last second switches to a flashlight and unfortunately I don't get disconnected from the match and proceed to have a quite unfun match.

In general, sometimes I chase a survivor for too long or just miss swings because I'm bad.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,229
    edited January 2020

I don't camp, tunnel, mori (Or if I do I have specific mori rules), run Noed, and often not even ruin. I play too much by survivor rules, I play weaker killers and in general get wrecked because of it. Thing is, survivors are still so toxic to me in return, they gen rush with toolboxes, purple tool box sabo all hooks, use key's all the time, and in general rarely show the same respect back.

I gotta start closing hatch right in their face, camping them when they only have 5 seconds left on hook, tunneling people that need to be tunneled that have OoO I need to start playing like Otz and them, where you behave somewhat but not at cost of a match.

• Xzan
    Xzan Member Posts: 907

As Survivor: Low tendency to take risks.

As Killer: Assuming nearly every 4man SWF is a death squad, where i have to pick Killers I'm good with.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871

Survivor: I suck at chases/looping.

Killer: Chasing someone who is good at chases. Also Nurse. I am real bad at Nurse. I'm pretty bad with Oni/Billy too.

• FJSJ_Lunar
    FJSJ_Lunar Member Posts: 230
    edited January 2020

I'm the person that will never give up on a chase. The more they juke and loop, the more I want them.

I've gotten better at knowing "hey. They're looping me forever cause when I started the chase, they're weren't out of position. They were already at a string of good loops. Maybe I should go chase someone else and try to catch them away from all these good loops"

• StardustSpeedway
    StardustSpeedway Member Posts: 882

As a survivor who plays solo the majority of the time: giving up because of my team mates. Sometimes I'll be chased for a long time with my team not doing anything, making my entire chase pointless. At this point I just want to suicide on first hook because I see no point in staying. This is in red ranks too lol.

Killer: Tracking Blendettes/urban evading players.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201

As survivor: going for the last save of the match even though it will cost me my life.

As killer: prioritising BBQ stacks over eliminations.

• FJSJ_Lunar
    FJSJ_Lunar Member Posts: 230

I also try to play safe pallets. Like. I know I can, cause I've done it before, and catching someone at a safe loop feels really rewarding. But it's honestly not worth the time invested.

And another thing I've been working on is making sure I corral them the right way when looping and breaking pallets. Like when you break a pallet, try to be between them and another loop. Hopefully they have to move around you or head back to the dead zone or unsafe area.

• ASAPTurtle
    ASAPTurtle Member Posts: 968

For both sides it's doing things too early.

• not_Queen
    not_Queen Member Posts: 1,114

Attention span, mindgames and lockers

I have insane ADHD. So not paying attention is costly when playing any multiplayer game. It does lead to a lot of funny jump scares on survivor but contributes to make me lose chases as killer (all the pesky information I have to deal with).

Mindgames, on both side, survivor or killer. I like to try mindgames and test my opponent and, well, sometimes it doesn't work or the person reads me better and I get punished for it. But the trade off is always worth when the mindgame works, feels amazing. When it doesn't, well, I look like an idiot and that's how we learn to get better. 😉

Lockers... just cause I like Q&Q plays too much. Add that Head On... it's fun. However, any killer that catches on that early (or knows me) will readjust quickly and then it's... 3 lockers you're down.

Luckily, I don't get frustrated by much when I am playing games so I don't really mind failing. My take on fails and losses? That's your opportunity to improve.

Finally, when I play survivor I am way too altruistic for my own good. When I play killer, I tend to be too nice sometimes and I pay the price for it.

• FogLurker
    FogLurker Member Posts: 337
    edited January 2020

Survivor: Need to play it more often and get better at looping and running tile sets that have no pallets sometimes.

Killer: Playing killers like Legion, Plague, Hag for fun instead of learning to play Billy, Spirit, and Nurse. Also, keeping myself out of red ranks and screwing around so I drop out of them because I don't feel like trying any harder. Though it probably doesn't matter since you get red rank survivors anyway once you're like killer rank 12 or better lol.

• anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212

I don't plan ahead for survivor. Not like 3 gens, I'm pedantic about avoiding them, but I don't know where I'm going in a chase. I just run to what I see and then don't know where to go from there and it often gets me killed fast. Sometimes it works out because I do know the maps fairly well, but too often I'll wind up in an area I should have known sucked to be in.

As killer I get sucked into chasing someone. I feel like I've committed enough time to a chase that I need to down them or it was a waste. It really gets bad on maps like Ironworks where it's so easy to lose a minute on a single window.

• AvisDeene
    AvisDeene Member Posts: 2,396

I suck at looping for both sides as well. As far as finding people, I highly recommend Whispers, it has made playing killer much better for me ever since I unlocked it.

Infectious Fright is also nice since it lets you know if someone is close. It causes survivors to scream the second you down someone.

You also have to get used to scanning areas and looking for anything odd, like the top of a head poking out from a rock, or a medkit sticking out from the side of a tree.

Good luck if they're all Blendettes on the new Yamaoka map

• bigbeefynacho
    bigbeefynacho Member Posts: 351
    edited January 2020

Panicking as a survivor.

Getting spun as killer. (I don't play killer often).

Post edited by bigbeefynacho on
  • pichtuhq
    pichtuhq Member Posts: 11

Survivor: I can’t hit DS to save myself. Every time I hit the skill check, it goes right past it as if I did not press the button but I treat it as if it were a Ruin skill check and I’m decent at hitting those. Also, I’m very inconsistent with looping. Sometimes I can loop a killer for a few gens and others I play like a rank 20 :( Also I can never hit my flashlight saves! Whenever I get a flashlight, it just stays in my inventory

Killer: Early game pressure. I main Demogorgon and I cannot apply early game pressure. 2-3 gens pop before I actually start slowing survivors down and then I get my kills. I don’t have good perks on him though, so that’s probably why

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

Killer - forgetting to pay attention to anything other then survivor during the chase.

Survivor - overthinking and panicking when shouldn't.

• Rattman
    Rattman Member Posts: 1,088

Survivor: don't really pay attention for positioning while repair gens. Killers tend to caught me outpositioned.

Killer: too lazy to learn how to play certain killers

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443

Survivor: Losing rank for wanting to punish teammates for being awful. If i see teammates doing really dumb stuff I will just die first hook so they have a better chance at getting lower points. I hate the current ranking system and how it doesn't matter if you are terrible at the game or not. Red rank is free and easy to get if you just play the game enough.

Killer: committing to mind games too much instead of just getting the pallet down and ending chase.

• SirTigTheGreat
    SirTigTheGreat Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 20

As a survivor: I get way too nervous trying to do literally anything so end up goofing 99% of my plays, lol. I'm jumpy as anything. Sometimes I manage to pull it off and feel like a god, though. Worth it.

As killer: Usually getting overconfident or over predicting. So I think I'm doing really well, try to do something that sometimes or usually works, but underestimated my opponents and get wrecked because of it. Fair enough, really. 😅

• MigrantTheGreat
    MigrantTheGreat Member Posts: 1,379

As a survivor: Looking out for other's, I will take hit's, sacrifice myself so the other's can escape, if I accidentally lead the killer to someone i'll take a hit to keep the killer focused on me.

As a killer: Idk, I guess I'm too nice.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

On both sides i am salty and a bad looser. I am the Phil Hellmuth of DbD and i am not proud of it, but it is the truth. I often blame someone or something (most time just in my mind but also sometimes through chat) why we lost the game. Usually it is either a teammate, myself, a bad map (i am talking with you Lerys, Lab and Game) or something unballanced.

• RaSavage42
    RaSavage42 Member Posts: 5,546

I tend to play 1v1 not 1v4

• SquirrelKnight
    SquirrelKnight Member Posts: 951

As survivor,: Looping and juking, If i escape i usually get caught seconds later and if i dont the killer is half blind.

As Killer: I drop chases super fast cause i dont like wasting my time unless its safe, so i run someone off and go back to derping. Doesnt help that its winning me games, hard to get better when " Dont chase just slap and leave" gets the job done

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047
    edited January 2020

I can't loop much as a surv either.

I like to screw around too much and enjoy myself. Guess nowadays it wont matter 3 minute game and either they are dead or I'm out the door.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Yeah. And the thing is is that it doesn't even matter because I still make tons of BP and usually Pip.

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,047

Same I dont event usually survive and I pip up and make bank.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

As survivor I'm mad greedy and don't drop pallets when I should.

As killer I sometimes play too nice and it usually bites me in the ass later.

• NeaKarlsson123
    NeaKarlsson123 Member Posts: 22

Survivor gotta get better att looping the right way. Killer mindgames and tracking

• LivUndead
    LivUndead Member Posts: 69

Survivor: BY FAR Looping. I dont know when i can loop one more time and being able to hug the walls effectively

Killer: Again goes to loops, not knowing which loop is best to chase at and which in mind game able.

Loops are my true enemy in DBD

• Pepsidot
    Pepsidot Member Posts: 1,662

Killer: I'm not good at tracking. Sometimes I'll lose a survivor after a briefly losing sight of them.. then kinda pretend I was leaving them anyway.

Survivor: Sometimes I get a bit greedy and hope the killer respects. The problem with that is I am easily punished as I no longer run Dead Hard, so if they don't respect I'm done for.

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

As a Survivor: Continuing to play boring game after game in monotony, realizing I'm not having fun but continuing for some reason.

As a Killer: Failing to see the writing on the wall, even after it's been written in layer after layer of bold, fluorescent spray paint in 1'-tall letters for a while now.

• scarslookgood
    scarslookgood Member Posts: 157

I am just a giant mistake, tbh. I main Survivor (about 600 hours, I'd guess, though I don't know because PS4) and my biggest flaws are:

• I take huge exposure risks just for the thrill of it
    • I'm way too impatient (for example, I get bored hiding and will go on a gen when it's not smart).
    • I don't understand how to recognize or use safe pallets, tiles, looping, etc.
    • I am overly altruistic

• Elk
    Elk Member Posts: 2,267

Killer: Not knowing when to break off chase, sometimes. Get frustrated when even starting a match because survivors are evil and i know im gonna start a hard game.

Survivor: Not remembering pallet/totem/window spawn areas. Not remembering good tiles to survive longer in chase. Likes to spin around and twerk in favorite custom outfit.

• feechima
    feechima Member Posts: 905
    edited January 2020

As a survivor, I am good at determining how many loops I can get out of a tile but in my quest to be efficient I am usually caught up on objects . Corners, boxes, hooks, hay, you name it, I bump into it or get stuck for a second and it slows me down.

Also, getting better at reactions but killers can still often get a hit on me with abrupt change of direction. Usually because I am trying not to run into anything.

Huntress.

As killer. I am too fair. I know what I dislike as a survivor and try not to be a hypocrite.

Reaction time. I swing nearly half as much as I should, especially at windows.

• darktrix
    darktrix Member Posts: 1,790

Playing solo survivor.

• Bustanut_Champion
    Bustanut_Champion Member Posts: 53

Respecting pallets out of habit. It's a bad one I need to break, can't count the amount of times I'd have gotten a hit if I hadn't respected a pallet. Sometimes I don't, but sometimes I stop without even thinking about it.

• kurgan8282
    kurgan8282 Member Posts: 264

As a killer I tend to get stubborn on chases and it leads me to waste time and not pressure gens as I should, also I sometimes rush too much to hit when it's not the right moment.

As a survivor I tend to loop when/where I shouldn't (at least once every game) and end up by giving free hits to killer

• Satelit
    Satelit Member Posts: 1,377

I really need to stop mindgaming myself

• lynelmane
    lynelmane Member Posts: 549

As a survivor: I don't pay attention enough. I usually rely on my hearing and will stare in one direction while working on a gen and the killer will come up behind me and game-end my butt :(

As a killer: I'm too trusting that survivors will make mistakes. I'm not as aggressive as I should be, especially as trapper, because I assume they will step into a trap and make my life easy. Not the case.

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987

As a killer, feeling the need to get a 4k every game. If I don’t I feel like I’ve lost.

As a survivor, I have only gotten moried a few times and I’ve played A LOT of survivor. I wouldn’t even put the amount of times in the trouble digits. Only two of those times were not consensual, the rest were. I just HATE being moried, I need to learn to get excited for it rather than salty. I never allow a killer to Mori me, I will kill myself first hook to avoid it. I’m not sure why I’ve always been like this but I’d like to stop. It’s just become a habit to not allow it.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

Killer: I go for Lunge attacks way too much, it's easy for Survivors to run circles around me.

Survivor: I just suck, okay?? Gosh.

• Deepman69
    Deepman69 Member Posts: 19

I consistently get over zealous and swing just a TINNNNNY bit to early, then proceed to say "Screw it." and just start taking the balsiest drift-king swings you've ever seen. Usually doesn't work out.

• AAAAA
    AAAAA Member Posts: 558

As survivor: I'm bad at looping anything with line of sight blockers. Also, I'll occasionally miss skill checks. Not because of Lullaby or Unnerving or madness. Just because I'm a booster animal.

As killer: I still get 360ed. And sometimes I swear survivors just disappear after I hit them the first time. Also, I should probably slug more (especially with the Ruin nerf) but I'm never willing to take that risk unless another survivor is right in front of me, I think they have DS, or I have a time limited power (like Blood Fury, Corrupt Purge, or Evil Within 3)

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125

As Killer:

I try to often mindgames or redlight fakes, because of that I miss if survivors actually just leave the loop and I end up mindgaming myself xD. I should just run more straight but sometims I just forgot it.

As survivor:

I hate to do gens, I catch myself moonwalking around or naught or teabagg every survivor I see for fun. I kinda try to dodge to do gens but I know its really important xD

• DonZwiebel
    DonZwiebel Member Posts: 136

As Killer: I want to get better at looping and not being outplayed by reddies so easy

As Survivor: Getting better on chases in the maps like Mothers Dwelling where loop spots are kind of far away from each other

• I get 4k too quickly

• andyollolloll
    andyollolloll Member Posts: 940

Killer: I try and find clever ways of using synergy with perks but many of them are weak. There aren't any decent gen slow down perks so normally I run from gen to gen or commit to a chase and find the gens have been done against red rank survivors on comms, I'm a green rank killer.

Survivor: I love trying to hit those perfect skill checks but that's been "ruined" by changing to dedicated servers on ps4 now so weakness is everything else lol

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976

Learned so much about the mistakes i make as a survivor and killer alike

Thanks for the responses everyone ^-^

• Mihn
    Mihn Member Posts: 7

(Survivor main) For me, it’s killer awareness when not it chase. I can’t tell you how often it’ll be a stealth Killer or I’ll be in the Killers terror radius and I’ll be like “where the hell is the Killer?” And they’re literally right behind me and they get a free hit because of it. I know Spine Chill and Premonition could help, but I just don’t feel like I get enough use out of them compared to other perks.