Is it easier to double pip as killer than survivor?

Options

I'm a killer main so I usually get 3-4 kills a game and it's an easy double pip. I've been trying to get good at playing survivor and climb up the ranks lately, but it's taking a longer time because I consistently get single pips. It seems as if you have to be the best survivor and carry the team in order to double pip. In order to get higher emblems, you have to do three gens, save two people and heal them, be chased by the killer for quite some time, and escape (preferably not get downed). It just seems as if I don't have as much control over my emblems as survivor because it enforces a play style, while as killer all I have to do is mind game, hit people, and manage gens.

Best Answers

Answers

• feffrey
    feffrey Member Posts: 886
    Options
    Just face camp and you'll double pip each game 
  • Fengminni
    Fengminni Member Posts: 99
    edited August 2018
    Options

I'm a killer main so I usually get 3-4 kills a game and it's an easy double pip. I've been trying to get good at playing survivor and climb up the ranks lately, but it's taking a longer time because I consistently get single pips. It seems as if you have to be the best survivor and carry the team in order to double pip. In order to get higher emblems, you have to do three gens, save two people and heal them, be chased by the killer for quite some time, and escape (preferably not get downed). It just seems as if I don't have as much control over my emblems as survivor because it enforces a play style, while as killer all I have to do is mind game, hit people, and manage gens.

I double piped as a survivor only once and only because the killer started to farm at the end of the game resulting in me doing 4 gens unhooking survivors 4 times and healing them and getting chased around the map for 5 minutes straight. Double piping as a survivor is nearly impossible. Sometimes I even get -1 or 0 although I rescued and healed 2 survivors and did 1 1/2 -2 gens. Sometimes I do not understand the pip system. 
  • Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,412
    Options

Personal experience, your mileage may vary, but I find it very hard to "lose" as a killer (in the sense of deranking). It just feels like emblems accumulate far easier than you can lose them, so it averages out positive in the end. A decent game gets me a pip, a good game almost always gets me a double pip or close to.

Likewise, as survivor, I've had plenty of matches that I would consider good (several generators, an unhook or two, lost the killer in a chase once or twice, escaped) only to find that I barely pipped or just safety pipped. I can count the number of times I've double pipped as a survivor since the emblem system on one hand.

• Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069
    Options

@Peanits said:
    Personal experience, your mileage may vary, but I find it very hard to "lose" as a killer (in the sense of deranking). It just feels like emblems accumulate far easier than you can lose them, so it averages out positive in the end. A decent game gets me a pip, a good game almost always gets me a double pip or close to.

Likewise, as survivor, I've had plenty of matches that I would consider good (several generators, an unhook or two, lost the killer in a chase once or twice, escaped) only to find that I barely pipped or just safety pipped. I can count the number of times I've double pipped as a survivor since the emblem system on one hand.

For me is ez to depip as the killer :D

• Abyssionknight
    Abyssionknight Member Posts: 69
    Options

Makes sense to me that Killer pips faster.

Killer has 4 people to chase, catch, and hook. The Killer also only has to rely on their own abilities to get points.

Meanwhile Survivors have 1 killer to chase, are competing with other people for heals, unhooks and generators. That makes their point gain a lot less reliable and a lot more dependent on how their team performs.

So of course the Killer pips easier; he isn't competing with others for his points.

• Mesme
    Mesme Member Posts: 177
    Options

I wouldn't know if it's equal cause I'm a piss poor survivor and I'm rank 7 atm as for killer rank 6 and I mess around a lot too so... I wouldn't know.

• Elegant
    Elegant Member Posts: 443
    Options

It's a lot easier to double pip as killer

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243
    Options

A big difference is a killer 2 pips off terrible survivors.

If the killer is terrible the survivors may not even single pip.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

A big difference is a killer 2 pips off terrible survivors.

If the killer is terrible the survivors may not even single pip.

Actually that's not completely true since every day, great survivors get destroyed by nurses. The nurse is the only killer that has control over the game if the player has the skill. This also applies to other high tier killer's like Billy, Hag, Huntress, and Clown but with way less effectiveness compared to what the nurse can do.

Here's another 2-pip as a killer with me letting the survivor have the hatch, it's really easy to be honest! :)

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options
    I would say it's slightly easier to double pip as killer than as survivor but it's tremendously easier to pip as survivor than as killer
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,613
    Options

To me yes, but i guess that's what happens when they only know how to loop.
    If i get someone who doesn't just loop but also know how to juke and hide and stuff, the chances slim down fast for me.