Let's talk about The Hillbilly

What's your opinion on billy? Do you find him hard to use ? is he easy to use ?

My opinion: I enjoy playing as him , however when playing against him I have trouble but that's mainly because I completely suck at looping.

Comments

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

I'm kind of surprised his popularity hasn't taken off again after the nerfs to Spirit and Nurse, he used to be among the big 3 but it feels like lately you never see him anymore

• Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

I like him, can't play him, can counter him fairly well though (Unless it's a god tier Billy, then I'm screwed).

He's well balanced.

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I think when Tru3 did that alternate playstyle for Ghostface, people swarmed that. Then Freddy Forever was found, and he became a favorite. Basically, a few interesting playstyles were discovered, and players gravitated toward them. Let the Ruin nerf take hold, let killers feel the pressure, and I'm betting Billy comes back.

• BlueFang
    BlueFang Member Posts: 1,379

Wish granted

Hillbilly's chainsaw now requires gas to function, so much like with the Trapper. You have to go around the map picking up gas cans and refueling the chainsaw after you use a percentage of it. Much like Clown's bottles

• yandere777
    yandere777 Member Posts: 728

And there are only 10 gas cans on the map. Since he has map pressure he becomes 110% as well.

• BadMrFrosty
    BadMrFrosty Member Posts: 1,100

I think hillbilly is fine at the moment, with his only major drawback being map design (like every other killer in this game). That said, I'm sure they'll give him the traditional base power gutting and rework all of his add-ons to be garbage.

• Grandkurama
    Grandkurama Member Posts: 315

He's one of my favourite killers, now the only one I p3'd, and my first choice if i want to win a match. I'm good with him and he has good map pressure and chase potential. One of the few killers that are viable vs swf red ranks. I hope he doesn't get nerfed.

• Shirtless_Myers
    Shirtless_Myers Member Posts: 372

Hillbilly is fine as is. Freddy needs a nerf though.

• LemeTheMeme
    LemeTheMeme Member Posts: 403

I mean, billy has an insta down and the best mobility in the game. If he should receive any nerf, it's bringing his movement speed to 110%. I think that'd put him in the most balanced spot imo. He can be quite oppressive at high ranks.

• BadMrFrosty

Can we not? Freddy was a meme for too long. Let him shine ffs.

• ALostPuppy
    ALostPuppy Member Posts: 3,398

Hillbilly is one of the most fun killers to play and to play against, and is pretty balanced without add-ons. Crack Billy and instasaw Billy with infectious are some of the worst combinations in the game to face but normal endfury Billy with no add-ons and no ruin etc is genuinely a super fun match. Playing as him can go several ways in my experience. I used to suck at getting chainsaws on people but I quickly learned just how easy getting short-range chainsaws is, and it's always extremely satisfying. His base kit doesn't need nerfs but I feel his add-ons could do with a few adjustments like the green tuning guide and the charge speed add-ons.

• Yung_Slug
    Yung_Slug Member Posts: 2,238

The devs will probably give him a power meter that gets used up during a chainsaw and recharges over time, like Spirit or Legion.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

That would just gut Hillbilly instantly, He is already balanced as it is...

• BadMrFrosty
    edited January 2020

It's not like the developers have a history of poor balance changes or anything. WAIT A MINUTE TYRONE..

-_-

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611

I feel like that is because Spirit is just miles easier than Billy. His ceiling is crazy high but people have no reason to play him when killers like Spirit and Freddy are also strong but way easier.

Spirit got a slap in the wrist, the nerfs didn't dissuade anyone from playing her.

• LemeTheMeme

How is 5% movement speed going to gut a killer that doesn't rely on base movement speed that much? Spirit has 110% movement speed, her power is on cooldown, and she can't see her victims... It wouldn't gut him at all, but rather balance him better. The talk about him being the most balanced killer isn't true. Not only that, but the devs already claim the balance the game around the 2k, soooooo, I'm not too sure that it would gut him at all.

• TheRockstarKnight
    TheRockstarKnight Member Posts: 2,171

Freddy does not need nerfed.

If anything he should be given a slight buff, since a lot of his add-ons have unnoticeable/unhelpful effects. Including Swing Chains now.

Nothing crazy; but they should have noticeable effects.

Hillbilly just needs his Chainsaw Noise add-ons reworked to be useful and Carburetor Tuning Guide given a slight downside/be made into a Very Rare.

• ppo8820
    ppo8820 Member Posts: 763

He’s annoying to play against. I did hear they’re reworking him though to make him less annoying for survivors.

• Shirtless_Myers

He's way too powerful and easy to play, he needs a nerf. Saying an overpowered killer that was made into a meme beforehand is reason as to why he should stay overpowered is ridiculous.

• LemeTheMeme

Freddy is the most powerful killer right now, exceeding the devs "comfortable" position of the 2k balance philosophy. He has one of the best gen pressure abilities, can kill/ end loops faster than normal, AND the survivors need to waste time to wake up, which if they got caught right after, his M1's bring them back into the dream state. So, yeah.... He needs to be more balanced. At least killers like Nurse and Spirit take some sort of skill.

• BadMrFrosty
    edited January 2020

We seem to have differing opinions. I do not believe him to be overpowered, and you do. Therefore, I don't think any progress will be made here if we discussed it. I play versus and as Freddy, and I never felt he was overpowered either way. For me, he's about at the right level for the game's current state. We need more strong killers like Freddy in the game, not niche, meme killers like clown, doctor, pig etc.

Also, hillbilly thread. Getting sidetracked. Long story short, I think billy is fine, but I don't think he's going to escape the inevitable nerf hammer. That's just how the developers work. They see problems where their are none, and they either create new ones, or worsen existing ones. Rarely do they deviate from this formula.

• Jakojo
    Jakojo Member Posts: 214

I don't play killer often, but I dread Billy daily's because he's a lot harder than he looks. He's one of my favorite killers to go against though, probably one of the best designed killers along with Huntress.

• TheRockstarKnight

Survivors who are awake deny his chase power.

He EITHER wastes their time forcing to wake up OR he has above average chase power, not BOTH unless the Survivor can't loop a 115% M1 Killer.

As for his gen pressure, he is still one M1 Killer against four Survivors. He can't pressure everyone.

If the Survivors play smart at loops and focus on gens, they'll do okay.

• LemeTheMeme

Just because someone is an M1 killer, doesn't invalidate that they are overperforming. It's their core design and power that make them good. Freddy just does too much for too little, and that needs to be addressed.

Freddy can easily catch survivors out of position since the can't see him unless he's in a certain radius, and mindgame them with not fully using his power and making them run into you. This killer is so easy to play and does so well, too.

Obviously, if every survivor had good looping skills, they could waste a killers time for a good portion of the match, but that is hardly the case.

• LemeTheMeme

The whole stigma around M1 killers not being able to apply proper map pressure is ridiculous.

• BadMrFrosty

M1 killers -can- apply generator pressure depending on the survivors you are against. I think what most people are (DESPERATELY AT THIS POINT) trying to communicate is that not all killers apply pressure equally without some sort of survivor error giving them an advantage.

You've obviously convinced yourself that Freddy is overpowered, and it's been made clear by your posts that you are not interested in any rebuttals that challenge this viewpoint. What I see is a strong killer who can perform well against all but the most optimized survivors, and for me, that's not exactly an issue. Also, any of BVHR's statistics (as stated by a BVHR employee as well: Peanits) are not to be taken to heart as the be all end all. There are too many factors at work that aren't being considered for those measurements to mean anything.

Also, wasn't this a hillbilly thread? God dayum.

• TheRockstarKnight
    edited January 2020

And who says Freddy is overperforming?

Freddy has a lullaby and a Terror Radius. Unlike Ghostface you don't need to see him to avoid him.

If he starts teleporting to your gen just listen for his Terror Radius or Lullaby and make sure you're not running in a direction where it gets louder.

I don't think a Killer's power being easy to use alone is grounds for it getting nerfed. Or do you think we should nerf Clown too?

Also can we keep this thread about Hillbilly?

• BadMrFrosty
  • VexTheHex
    VexTheHex Member Posts: 1,009

Average difficulty with high reward. For the longest he was 2nd place in power to only Nurse. If someone didn't want to learn her (or hated her motion sickness) they could play him for a easier time. Chili Billys were easy 4Ks for quite some time. I hated him for quite some time as I viewed him as the easier to use Try Hard Killer.

Then came Spirit. Easier to play than Billy with more broken add ons. She also had boobs and little clothing. Billy became replaced and fell from his 2nd place spot insanely fast.

Now Nurse got altered and Spirit got nerf tickled to be slightly less powerful while Billy remained the same. Despite what others have stated, I have seen PLENTY of Billys in Red Ranks now. And they do very well... as he is still the same A+ or S- Killer with insane map mobility, OHKOs, and his very high snowball potential with slugging or Chili chaining.

I don't think I really want to see him nerfed or buffed at the moment though. Or at least I don't know what they could do to him to polish him without breaking him either way.

• USELESS
    USELESS Member Posts: 1,151

He is pretty easy to loop and his map pressure is a lil bit higher than the other killers

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,150

He is pretty balanced due to the counters he has. I'm not that good at controlling his chainsaw. I mainly use it to travel.

• TheCrookedMan
    TheCrookedMan Member Posts: 282

I disagree he's only very strong if survivors are asleep

• Shirtless_Myers

And the timer is always going without any input from Freddy, you'll almost always be in chases with someone asleep. He's too easy to play and mindgame with. Your power is even a mindgame until the survivors see snares or you'll get a free hit at fake pallets placed. If he was only strong in certain scenarios, he wouldn't have the top kill ratio.

• kimukipi
    kimukipi Member Posts: 137

While Billy has great mobility, he is still weak at chases just like any other m1 killer. Against experienced survivors, one would likely hate picking Billy (obviously depends on maps). Doesn't matter if you can curve, insta saw, "mind game" etc end of the day, its all about survivors making mistakes.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

If you can't get his chainsaw down, he's a nightmare to play. I managed to get him to lv40 purely playing him as an M1 Killer with fast travel. It might be the coordination, or judging the power bar correctly, but I had a horrible time getting anyone downed with his saw. Might just need to work on it more, but his playstyle is boring to me so really not worthwhile.

Playing against him, I used to hate it, but after hitting Rank 1 when it was either Nurse or Billy, I don't get as stressed anymore. Just have to be prepared for the swift movement from section to section, and pay attention to his animations so you know when to dodge that saw while running away.

As with most Killers though, he's heavily dependant upon the player controlling him. Against a weak, boosted Billy, you always have an easy time. Against an experienced, legitimately veteran player, you are in for a world of pain. He just has a much easier time capitalizing on mistakes because he can move so fast + OHKO capability. It's a deadly combo, not counting the Perks he can utilize to their fullest (BBQ, Tinkerer, pick any other aura Perk or location revealer).

• BabyBubbaMain
    BabyBubbaMain Member Posts: 97

He’s overrated, he has map pressure but against survivors with a brain he’s never going to chainsaw anybody and he will just get looped, like an m1 killer.

He is just another killer than relies on mistakes.

• BabyBubbaMain
    BabyBubbaMain Member Posts: 97

Making billy a 110% killer would make him very loopable in chases. He has a chainsaw yes, but as a 110% killer he’s never going to chainsaw you unless you make a mistake, which happens less as you get better.

So if billy was turned into a 110% killer, in high ranks against decent survivors it would be an easy win.

• aazimuth
    aazimuth Member Posts: 190

Most fun killer to play and most fun to play against unless they run slowdown perks and insta saw then that's boring.

• Swiftblade131
    Swiftblade131 Member Posts: 2,050

I enjoy him a lot, I find him fun and fair to play against when playing survivor.

He is easier to play out of the top 3 killers with High Mobility (Nurse, Spirit, and Billy), however, he can be very easily looped, and unless you practice a lot with your mind games and chainsawing, you will suffer with him, even with his high mobility and insta-downs. He is very loop able.

As withe very killer, he still require practice, of course, I wouldn't say to the extent of some other killers, but he isn't a pick up and master and win. But again, he is easier to learn than others, he's very straight forward, but very balanced.

I think him and Clown to extent are some model killers. Billy being the better of the 2 examples here, but these 2 are what BHVR should strive for balance wise.

I know that's hard, but nerfing and buffing perks isn't the solution.

• Zylance
    Zylance Member Posts: 64

I dislike that when i play survivor, the chainsaw can hit trought walls\around corners\ so far after a window jump. I also dislike to play him tbh, find him rather boring. Fast, very good, and a bit boring