Too many levels and perks suggestion.

Options

I watched the dev Q&A where they mentioned that there are too many perks now. I fully agree. The more characters you get, the more levels you have to grind to get those sweet 4 perks you are actually looking for.
I don't know if it is too soon for something like this, but my suggestion is:

Every time you complete a bloodweb up until level 50, you get a random perk from the pool. pretty simple, but it would cut down on the grind. It would essentially just reduce the amount of levels needed by 50.

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

So you only get random perks that you havent unlocked via teachable if you are in bloodwebs below 50? Witht he amount of perks that would mean that you have to use lvl1 perks....

• Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180
    Options

No without the teachable, there aren't enough perks for this to make sense IMO. with "the pool" i just mean every perk you have unlocked. Standard, and teachables. You could go on getting a random perk every bloodweb after lvl 50, but i think it would cut it down too much maybe.
    The general idea is, that it's not such a hassle to prestige if you got perks a bit faster.
    I don't know how to balance it for new players that haven't unlocked any teachables, and don't have the DLC. They might get lvl 3 perks too quick.

• Lagoni
    Options

@Master said:
    So you only get random perks that you havent unlocked via teachable if you are in bloodwebs below 50? Witht he amount of perks that would mean that you have to use lvl1 perks....

Oh i see what you mean. I misunderstood you.
    My idea is that the perk for every blood web completed would be ADDITIONAL to the already existing way of getting perks. You would just ALSO get a random perk after every bloodweb up until lvl 50.

• se05239
    se05239 Member Posts: 3,919
    Options

Imagine if you removed the need to "level up" perks and you got all perks in level 3 when you unlocked them. Now you cut down the perk grind by 66%.

• Lagoni
    Options

@se05239 said:
    Imagine if you removed the need to "level up" perks and you got all perks in level 3 when you unlocked them. Now you cut down the perk grind by 66%.

Sure but then you could also just start with all the perks at lvl 3. that's a 100% reduction. The idea wasn't about reducing the grind as much as possible, but to find a balance where you are working towards something, without it feeling tedious.

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544
    edited August 2018
    Options

They should keep the two perks per blood web, but have one perk node be a new Tier 1 perk everytime and the other perk node can be a Tier 2 or Tier 3 perk. Therefore, people can have the choice of unlocking all tier 1 perks and then the blood web can separate to two nodes that contain a Tier 2 perk and a Tier 3 perk.

• Deadeye
    Deadeye Member Posts: 3,627
    Options

@βLAKE said:
    They should keep the two perks per blood web, but have one perk node be a new Tier 1 perk everytime and the other perk node can be a Tier 2 or Tier 3 perk. Therefore, people can have the choice of unlocking all tier 1 perks and then the blood web can separate to two nodes that contain a Tier 2 perk and a Tier 3 perk.

I like this idea. Or more precisely: Get a new tier 1 perk or level one of your existing perks. There is another discoussion (or statement, as it was just me that responded so far) in this thread, which is kinda duped. I added my comment there before I found this thread here.

Shall I copy my comments and abandon the other thread to avoid dupes?
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/31022/perk-skill-tree

• Youkari
    Youkari Member Posts: 53
    Options

i rather would see they scrap the bloodweb system altogether and give a more expensive but KuF menu like skillshop, the grind is not the issue; the RNG is... / giving players control how and when to obtain perks/add-ons would give DbD a huge QoL change... / lot other PvP games got such skillshops: nearly the only one focuses on RNG, it maybe was fun upon release but now it's outright outdated... / RNG during a match is ok as all participants has the same conditions but RNG for obtaining perks/add-ons for ur build isn't cuz u mostly go 'crippled' into games unless u spend weeks to grind through this RNG hell

• βLAKE
    βLAKE Member Posts: 544
    Options

@Deadeye said:

@βLAKE said:

I like this idea. Or more precisely: Get a new tier 1 perk or level one of your existing perks. There is another discoussion (or statement, as it was just me that responded so far) in this thread, which is kinda duped. I added my comment there before I found this thread here.

Shall I copy my comments and abandon the other thread to avoid dupes?
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/31022/perk-skill-tree

Up to you really. Personally i'm not sure if it matters because I doubt any dev is going to seriously take any of these into consideration just because of the amount of work they have on their table already.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    Options
    I don't understand why they don't add in the ability/sell mechanic.... so players can sell those items, addons and offerings that we don't want... itll give more bp so we can cut down the grind a little bit... itll be good for newer players... back in the day the grind was short now its long... 
  • anarchy753
    anarchy753 Member Posts: 4,212
    Options

I wish there were a manual disable for certain teachables. I like having them unlocked in case they get reworked, but when I'm levelling up a freshly prestiged killer and get forced to have tier 3 surveillance before level 10, it feels like I'm being punished for unlocking something in the game that's intended to be an upside.

Yes, they can't let you lock every perk or it'd just be "I want BBQ so I'll prevent every teachable perk besides that from spawning on the web until I get it" but there could be like 10 perk locks available without it being too strong.

• Deadeye
    Options

Yes, that is also a stupid thing. Like Insidious on Freddy or Huntress. Yay, they don't hear my terror radius, but they hear the lullaby anyway. Super useful. Should be possible to avoid somehow to get these kind of handicap perks.

• Deadeye
    Options

Is it possible to check if any dev is reading or commenting on one of the threads? Are their accounts marked as dev person? Anyone saw this before? Just curious

• IMAFEEISH
    IMAFEEISH Member Posts: 87
    Options
    Bravo0413 said:
    I don't understand why they don't add in the ability/sell mechanic.... so players can sell those items, addons and offerings that we don't want... itll give more bp so we can cut down the grind a little bit... itll be good for newer players... back in the day the grind was short now its long... 
    Ah yes please i know im not the only one who wants to sell my 100+ broken keys!