Unfun and frustrating to play against: The Ghostface

Options

Comments

• FilthyGhostfaceMain
    Options

"no counter play"

*Sad Spine Chill noises*

FR run that perk and make the killer cry. Doesn't only help against stealth killers tho

• ClickyClicky
    ClickyClicky Member Posts: 3,536
    Options

But at the moment looking does nothing, and again on many maps jungle gyms etc he is guarenteed a free hit because you can not see him coming. Many safe gens have line of sight blockers.

Only on an unsafe gen could you have a chance at seeing him coming, but you need to 360 degree rotate on some as he could come from anywhere. Fail to spot and reveal him within a very short space of time and you're exposed which is a HUGE penalty.

Again I just think he feels cheap.

• NEVELEVEN11
    NEVELEVEN11 Member Posts: 141
    Options

LEAVE.GHOSTFACE.ALONE.LEAVE. ALL CHARACTERS. ALONE. QUIT.WHINING. GET BETTER.

• Frashu
    Frashu Member Posts: 23
    Options

I love the “just be observant” response. Yeah you can hear his cloak flapping in silence. Gen half done and burning barrel with walls around you? Good luck. Lol No amount of turning your camera is gonna take away his ability to get a free hit. My only problem with him is his busted reveal mechanic. But acting like you can counter his stealth by “being observant” is hilarious.

• 28_stabs
    28_stabs Member Posts: 1,470
    Options

you can loop him around pallets all day.

• gantes
    gantes Member Posts: 1,611
    Options

I would compile more "just look at him harder" moments but it's frankly unnecessary. He needs to be fixed, period. His core design is based around a mechanic that doesn't work properly 90% of the time.

• ClickyClicky
    edited January 2020
    Options

Glad I'm not the only one who finds him almost silent.

Not gonna lie originally it was probably too loud but the new one is almost silent unless as you say he finds you in a completely silent area. The gen alone can drown it out. Not sure if that was part of his buff or if its part of the audio issues in the game. He gets so many gen grabs or instadowns on unaware survivors I've noticed.

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,256
    edited January 2020
    Options

I see the humor in this clip but it doesn't look like Scott was perfectly centered on GF until near the end and the center was at Ghostface's legs rather than center body. Granted at 0:23 it did seem like it didn't play the reveal sound starting when it should have even if for a second.

Granted this just shows how dumb and unclear the mechanic for revealing is currently. The reveal mechanic would be fine if there was a tell on the center of your screen that appeared the longer you stared at him like a visible crosshair. Kind of like the thing that appears in a bug when Clown gases you.

Also personally while I feel like that would be a necessary Ghostface wouldn't be as successful as he currently is because people who don't know would realize it's center of your monitor position not center of your characters line of sight.

• LintyScorpion
    LintyScorpion Member Posts: 165
    Options

Only thing wrong with GF is the wonky reveal system. Other than that, git gud

• Endstille
    Endstille Member Posts: 2,246
    Options

Good that you posted the clip, that was posted on the first page again and than conviently ignored when it was explained to him why he failed to reveal ghostface.

Man are you people not better suited playin any other game where you just have to hold m1 instead of using your eyes?

• gantes
    Options

I'm sorry are we actually defending this buggy catastrophe of a killer's mechanics just for the sake of avoiding any criticism directed at killers in this game?

Ghostface's reveal doesn't work properly. It's inconsistent. Sometimes you're looking at him with nothing in the way and he gets revealed. Sometimes you can reveal him through walls. Earlier in the patch you could literally stalk people you had no vision of.

But have fun using your eyes. Some clips of you playing and revealing him properly consistently would be a good thing, since we're blatantly ignoring the many hours of footage of GF being buggy.

• ClickyClicky
    edited January 2020
    Options

Sadly its the first one. Some people don’t want killers changed no matter what, even if its a case of a mechanic not working correctly that gives the killer their strength.

I wish people didn’t play sides so much. Freddy is stronger than GF yet aside from the old forever freddy he hasn’t felt nearly as BS or unfun as GF.

I dont get why people can’t separate strength and fun.

• 53nation
    53nation Member Posts: 681
    Options

A partial irony of the ruin nerf is that as a new player, you're much more likely to get ghostface every 4th or 5th game. He's that common. GF just absolutely destroys new squads.

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

I played against Ghost Face earlier and had no problem revealing him. I think it was my first time against him on dedicated servers on ps4. Is it possible that they helped or did I just luck out?

• Liruliniel
    Liruliniel Member Posts: 3,039
    Options

Last GF I dealt with that camped or was tunneling was in yellow and green ranks.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848
    Options

Love how every single one of the videos posted so far of how revealing GF is "busted" just shows people not understanding how to reveal him. 100% chance that people just don't get him if they're complaining that they can't reveal.

• Dustin
    edited January 2020
    Options

I get where you're coming from but I can see why people are getting fed up with any proposals being made. Mainly because half the time when some users are suggesting a fix they're bundling it with proposed nerfs which Ghostface doesn't need. Pretty sure all of us can come to an agreement that his reveal needs fixed. His basekit outside of that though doesn't need changed. (Not saying you said this I just get where the other dude is coming from)

I of course am biased as I play a lot of Ghostface without addons. I've seen enough issues on both ends that I know it's mostly odd things obstructing or in some cases not obstructing when they should or shouldn't. As I said though just give Ghostface a subtle tell sign like a crosshair that appears when you're in the process of revealing him. At least then you'd be certain when the feature is and isn't working and it would be clear that it's center screen of your game screen / monitor.

The clip with Scott though pretty sure he had his screen centered at Ghostface's feet and not the rest of the body. The reveal zone only seems to work well when at the center of Ghostface's turso.

• Huntar
    Huntar Member Posts: 848
    Options

None of that was the issue. Dwight's fat head was blocking GF through the entire clip. This isn't hard.

• Dustin
    edited January 2020
    Options

Yes his head was covering Ghostface but Ghostface wasn't centered on the screen. Not disagreeing it's a stupid feature but it's not survivor model POV its player POV that needs to be centered to reveal.

• ClickyClicky
    Options

Lol this. Everytime I get matched with rank 16s/rank 17s I notice all of them use GF, and sadly they all camp hooks. He seems to be the go-to killer for new players

That must be extremely frustrating for new players.

Hopefully the matchmaking fix comes sooner rather than later

• Endstille
    Options

Well I don't have a problem revealing him other people neither so sounds like a made up issue from people who do not really know how to reveal or where the box on the screen actually is to reveal him.

Yeah one could do that as gf but because the stalking mechanic is buggy since a long time, gf/myers were not able to stalk people running in plain sight right in front of him.

I totally believe that.

Go to a loop as freddy, place snares on both sides and go for the free hit.

• CrowFoxy
    CrowFoxy Member Posts: 1,310
    Options

Ok survivor bias time. Just rush gens, works vs any killer.

• gantes
    Options

GF won't be nerfed.

And that's kinda part of the point though. There's no clear indication or feedback of how you have to reveal him. If it's that specific then the mechanic sucks in the first place, working properly or not.

We don't need killers who are strong because bugs make them inconsistent and weird to go against, we need killers to be strong because they're strong.

I 100% agree with you on the tell. The fun of playing GF for me is playing hide and seek with the survivors in order to not get revealed. When it works properly it's extremely fun. And even when the reveal works he's still a strong killer, and there's plenty the killer can do to avoid gettng revealed before fully stalking.

• gantes
    Options

Your anecdotal "evidence" means nothing when there's literal hours of footage of GF being buggy.

• gantes
    Options

It makes my head explode when the same people that are quick to complain about "survivor bias" complain when the community asks for this buggy dumpster fire of a killer to work properly

• gantes
    Options

Well, when any footage gets posted people start whiteknighting with "you didn't do the entire ritual of locating him in the magical box and praying to RNGesus while doing a handstand in the altar" because if a mechanic sucks majorly it doesn't matter if it works properly sometimes so i'm not wasting my time

• Endstille
    edited January 2020
    Options

So post the hours of footage. Can't wait. Maybe you should visit kyf or something and try stuff out so you would know the box that is drawn on the screen but that would require effort/work to figure anything out.

Instead of doing that and figuring it out, you can complain on the forums, you got the energy/time to do so you are just not willing to do it.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593
    Options

"I have evidence"

"Provide that evidence"

"I can't because it wouldn't matter"

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223
    Options

I've had situations as both survivor and killer where the reveal mechanic doesn't make any sense.

As survivor, I've revealed GF through a wall when I was injured and trying to hide. I was watching him through a window by my character was 100% blocked by the wall.

As survivor, I've sat and stared into his spoopy face and not revealed him.

As killer, I've had survivors reveal me through walls from miles away. I see them on Killer Instinct and there are clear on the other side of some object where it should have been impossible to reveal me.

As killer, I've had survivors just sit there and look at me and nothing happens.

It is very buggy, and generally seems to be a game by game issue. Some games I have no issues, others it's obvious the mechanic is busted.

I just want the devs to review how the reveal mechanic works and fix it to be more consistent for both side. Otherwise I think GF is just fine how he is.

• ASurvkillivorer
    ASurvkillivorer Member Posts: 1,805
    Options

THis post damn near sounds like the person who wrote that god awful Doc and Ruin changes article. awwww, its bad for you that another intelligent human can outwork you with abilities intended to be useful? awwww

Hope you survivor only mains that genuinely want the game to be impossible to lose enjoy having half the killers in the player pool soon. If even that much.

• LexTalionis
    LexTalionis Member Posts: 135
    Options

Unsure if trolling or serious. You did use the magic words "unfun" and "frustrating", which are known BHVR dev trigger words to induce massive non-iterative nerfs for killer.

• gantes
    Options

I mean I won't waste time on people who already chose to believe something else and are completely disregarding everyone else's experience. Fortunately I don't need that to sleep at night.

• WTBacon
    WTBacon Member Posts: 593
    Options

And writing these posts isn't also a waste of that time because...?

If you have hours of evidence we would like to see it.

• Endstille
    Options

You make the claim, you bring the evidence to back it up.

• gantes
    Options
  • oh_0k
    oh_0k Member Posts: 712
    Options

This has to be a joke

• Endstille
    Options

Sure, not buyin it tho.

Good to know that you are unable to back your statements up.

• Feyd
    Feyd Member Posts: 428
    Options

Videos were already posted and dismissed. Why would they put in the legwork to get you more evidence just to have it disregarded and ignored like the previous ones were?

• MrsGhostface
    MrsGhostface Member Posts: 987
    Options

Yeah, lets nerf another killer because they’re annoying for survivors, just like poor doc

• HVMBL3
    HVMBL3 Member Posts: 18
    Options

Who’s mans is this?!

bro you gotta be playing in rank 15 get you jail bait paragraph outta here

• PhantomMask20763
    PhantomMask20763 Member Posts: 5,176
    Options

Just fix his detection to be less unreliable, that's all he needs. Besides that, he's perfectly fine

• vpounder69
    vpounder69 Member Posts: 54
    Options

Exactly, ghost face is a trash killer and takes no skill to play him. That’s why you see so many of them. I just went again 7 ina row, something is definitely wrong.

• su11yboy
    su11yboy Member Posts: 38
    Options

First of all I'll agree his reveal mechanic is pretty buggy but it's so damn easy to reveal him. Just get him to come close to you, ambush him and when he tries to stalk you just stand inside of him. You can phase through Myers and GF when they're stalking. So stand inside of GF and reveal him. You'll almost never get exposed again. The no TR or Red Glow argument is weak. And the fact you call everyone above Purple sweaty hurts my head. So many ppl suck so much ass and are in high ranks. And you can hear him coming if he's within like 8m away from you. His cloak makes a blowing through the wind sound. And you can also genrush the ######### outta him so there's more counterplay. But speaking of "frustrating yo play against" you know Bubba is rather hard to counter considering he can just camp the top of the basement stairs. Probably should nerf him too.

• zaquintar
    zaquintar Member Posts: 54
    Options

I hate his daily where you need to tag survivors while leaning. You should be able to tag them in any way to complete the challenge. I mean can't be worse than Freddy where you don't need to do anything

• alphaholic
    alphaholic Member Posts: 67
    Options

Treating this as not bait: GF doesn't bother me a bit. Yeah some of them are bad, but I wouldn't generally consider him among the worst. He's one of the most utilized killers in high ranks, too, so it makes sense that the bad ones would stick out more.

Freddy, on the other hand... annoys the absolute f@$& out of me. Not because he's difficult to play against, but mostly because of his ugly pedophile face... and the fact that people who main him have a strange tendency to play like sweaty tryhard dbags. Like honestly, it's almost all of them. It's fun looping him around if you can, but if he gets you once he will tunnel you into the ground and let 4 gens pop to do it. Then he'll hit you repeatedly on hook to show you how cool and edgy he is. I swear I always imagine some 11-year-old punk kid on the other end when I play against a Freddy. Like the ones who used to tell me messed up stuff about my mom on CoD years ago. 😂

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

But thats the point of this killer. If you can spot him faster, you block his power, if you cant you get downed. And its not like he gets his power immediately, you have time to notice him. You say you can't look around while doing a gen, but thats basically the only other thing you can do while doing a gen.

Reveal mechanic is bugged and needs to be fixed but thats all.

• NullEXE
    NullEXE Member Posts: 1,632
    Options

Learn how to counter stealth killers. I don't even play Ghostface, and know that the only thing that needs to be changed about him is fixing the bugs with his reveal. If your problem with Ghostface is his exposure effect, then you have yet to face them in red ranks

• Archimedes5000
    Archimedes5000 Member Posts: 1,620
    edited January 2020
    Options

I have seen ghostface once as a new player, we got destroyed in 30 seconds because it was The Gsme, and then he let us farm.

Ghostface is a licensed killer, and ingame he is called "hard" so no way he is killer for new players. And there has been a rank reset just now...